Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 10,077

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego Holy cow! Who will play you in the movie?!

Hope you're feeling much better now (didn't know curry was the go-to remedy for carbon monoxide poisoning) and that you enjoyed your time with Lara.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger Ha ha - he's not alive anymore but probably the guy who played Earnest in those Earnest movies.

I am OK, was actually cooking the curry for an hour that caused the poisoning. Turns out that some old pans if they get damanged can produce carbon monoxide when burnt on a gas stove. Cooked for an hour till my alarm went off!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego Blimey, good tip. You'd think something that was designed specifically to be heated over a gas flame for extended periods of time would be safe to, er... well, to heat over a gas flame for an extended period of time. Glad you're alright!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

What's up with this week?

Google doing their streaming shenanigans.
Halo coming to Steam.
Sony IPs going to the Epic Store.
Cuphead on Switch.
Nintendo lending the Zelda IP to indie devs.

And to think it hasn't even ended yet... I need a drink or two...

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane ...and to top it all, Disney are reviving LucasFilm Games (the brand which pre-dated LucasArts) because it's not just gamers in comment sections any more; there's a company bigger and more powerful than EA which has had enough of EA being EA.

It's the end times.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@RogerRoger I'd say anything's better than EA, but then there's Disney. The apocalypse is here. Hoard all the games you can find and maybe it'll last you a lifetime... if you're lucky...

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Don't lie, you were just looking for an excuse to have a drink or two...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Outer Worlds is also an Epic Store exclusive now. They didn't lie when they said they wanted to give you the Fallout experience. A bit of controversy is part of that.

Octane

AdamNovice

We'll probably wake up tomorrow to find out that now Disney has bought Fox they will now buy Sony lol

AdamNovice

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane I wonder if Steam will ever compete with Epic on how much revenue they keep?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Epic sells big games for $50, so it's not like it makes a huge difference to developers. $44 (50*0.88) vs $42(60*0.7). I think it's the big sum of money publishers get when they release their game exclusively on Epic. I'm not sure I want them to follow Epic. It's like a worse version of the console wars, except it takes place on one single platform.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger Thanks! Yeah this kind of thing would only happen to me. That said, buy carbon monoxide alarms people!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane And there is GOG too. We have a new kind of war. Digital Store Wars.

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane You seen the No Clip documentary on GOG? Well worth a watch.

Ryall

@Jaz007 How do we create the black boxes over content that contain spoilers?

Ryall

Octane

@Ryall (spoiler)Knack is the best!(/spoiler)

Replace parantheses "( )" with brackets "[ ]":

Knack is the best!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic