Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, but it's still cosplay really.
And as I say, that angle at the bottom of the jacket colour block is the TNG style rather than the 'v' of the cartoon jacket.

It's a decent looking thing. Reminds me of those expensive denim cosplay jackets you can get.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON do you mean those Discovery ones or the Kelvinverse ones?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo The same company made some disco ones and TNG ones. They looked really nice.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I kinda like it (and thanks for the tag). Reminds me of the abandoned Star Trek Generations uniforms which, despite being a fan of the Voyager style, I kinda wish they'd kept.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i'm just wondering how they got to that design from the TNG Movie/DS9 uniform

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Designs have always gone back and forth, though. Look how the TNG uniforms were a return to block department colours, after the more militaristic everybody-in-red tunics of the movie era. It still says "Starfleet" and that's key when flying around the galaxy, popping down to alien planets and mixing with other Federation members.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i guess. speaking of uniforms i'm still sad they didn't keep the Motion Picture Style uniforms, i liked those

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Me too. Some variants were better than others, but Admiral Kirk's initial uniform, with the high collar, remains an all-time favourite.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i use that on STO actually

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I tried it once, but it didn't fit quite as right as I'd wanted it to. Plus I'd already filled up all the free uniform slots with other things (the "All Good Things..." uniform, the Wells uniform, a Son'a outfit, an NX-01 jumpsuit, the TNG skant, a TNG regular uniform, a DS9 / VGR jumpsuit, the "Drive" (VGR) racing uniform and Daniels' time-travel suit).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger mine are TMP, DS9/VOY, Baseball, Wells, Enterprise, All Good Things and Wrath of Khan

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I could never get the Wrath of Khan colours right, otherwise I might've considered it, but I wore it in its default, washed-out pink quite early on. Well done for getting the baseball uniforms when you could! Such a great episode, that was. "Find him and kill him!"

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

ok so i'm going to be talking about Star Trek Discovery in this post (sorry @KALofKRYPTON and @RogerRoger i know your not fans) but i find it strange that Netflix has not been advertising the show at all, since their Twitter page announced that Season 3 is coming there has been nothing, they didn't even post the trailer like they normally do (and on a side note the trailer on the official Star trek twitter page that is normally region locked was region free this time) so i have to wonder, are the rumours true that Netflix has given up on the series and don't care about it anymore, it could explain why they turned down Picard and why their social media account has fallen silent since April

i wouldn't be surprised if the show moved to Amazon Prime IF it gets a 4th season

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I've been mooching around Netflix of late and its interface was updated the other day. I was scrolling through its promoted "Netflix Originals" list and Star Trek: Discovery was very, very low in the pecking order, even beyond older shows and films.

I guess we'll have to see how well Picard does on Amazon Prime. If they really embrace the show and it does them good business, I can see them making a play for the rest of the franchise.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger it is odd that the account has been silent for 7 months though especially with trailers and new info being released, it just makes you think is all

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i just looked through my recommendations and it was really low down too even though i watch Star Trek on there all the time

it really does seem like they are trying to bury it

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger

I think the story goes that Netflix weren't happy with season 1, which lead to the slightly changed approach in season 2 and road map to season 3.
Netflix passed hard on Picard and didn't particularly want to finance season 3 of Disco but were contractually obliged to at least carry it.

There was a rumour that Amazon were offered a pick up for season 3 but weren't interested after the behind the scenes production issues with Picard.

I think Picard will have to do extremely well to even get a second season, let alone have Amazon pick up Disco.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON Picard is getting 3 seasons at least, they have already been greenlit the question is if anyone outside of America will want to host them

inside America it isn't an issue because CBS will just put them on All Access BUT due to the fact that they are relying on worldwide distribution deals to help finance the shows it could lead to a cancellation

All Access is the problem, CBS are sticking to their dead horse and wont let go, they tried to crack a hard market and failed but they wont admit it just like DC

Disney+ could do it though because Disney owns a LOT of beloved franchises

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic