Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I wouldn't put too much stock in that. The promoise of 3 seasons may have been what was required to accumulate the talent, but there's no guarantees.
I also wouldn't trust the showrunners to plan what they're having for breakfast, let alone a satisfying 3 season arc.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well judging by Discovery that's certainly true

of course having 4 changes of show runners didn't help

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo The only thing I'll add is to say that I sincerely doubt we'd ever see a Star Trek show offered on Disney+ given that many see it as "the Star Wars streaming service" (what with The Mandalorian, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the Cassian Andor show and Obi-Wan coming up, not to mention their own animated shows, LEGO offerings and back-catalogue). I know you and I are more enlightened than most, but your average executive is still gonna succumb to petty adversarial market reasoning if offered such a deal.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger oh i didn't mean that it should be on Disney+, i meant that Disney has a good chance of breaking into the streaming market with Disney+ because of their backlog of beloved titles where CBS's isn't as strong

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah, so you did. My mistake!

I still can't quite believe that Disney+ is gonna have all of The Simpsons on it. That's a huge win, especially since 90s nostalgia is very much in vogue (look at Friends on Netflix).

Probably why Star Trek: Picard will do better than Discovery, because it taps into that era rather than reaching all the way back to the 60s.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger and because it has a lead character in it people actually like unlike Discovery

FullbringIchigo

So this weeks question is about Star Trek Captains
Untitled

Which Captain would you want to serve under, nice and simple

personally i would want to serve under Archer, yeah it's more dangerous BUT you would be on the Pioneer ship leading humanity into the stars, how could you pass that up

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
Sisko, because that's where the edgy cool kids are 8-)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Picard, aboard the Enterprise-D (subsequent ships got blown up more; just as long as I'm transferred before Worf's promotion and the whole Veridian III thing). Whilst he projects this impenetrable, grumpy persona he's a fair commander who'd always talk through decisions and let you know why you're getting reprimanded (not that I'd aim to get into trouble, but hey).

Janeway a close second, because whilst serving aboard Voyager was much more dangerous week-in, week-out she worked hard to craft a more relaxed, familial atmosphere under the ship's unique circumstances, and that's how I operate best. As long as I could be one of the crew who made it home, I'd quite like the seven-year adventure and feeling of belonging aboard a sleek, advanced blend of "flying hotel" and "badass weapons platform".

Archer in third (as you say, being a pioneer and all that), Sisko in fourth (aboard Deep Space Nine, not aboard the Defiant, then I could stay home and chill in a holosuite during all the fighting) and Kirk in fifth (not that it wouldn't be an honour; his ships just didn't look as comfortable).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i wouldn't serve with Kirk because let's be honest i would probably be a security guard (which i am in real life now) so i would probably end up being one of those random red shirts

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
I wouldn't serve with Kirk because I'm more handsome and I'd just steal the show (and green chicks)... I respect him too much to do that.

With Sisko, war is in the air - you get to bomb around on the Defiant and you get the sexiest mirror universe!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo As any kind of security guard, you'd be doomed on any ship, whether you're wearing a red shirt, yellow uniform or purple / blue jumpsuit! Be the first officer instead. You get to beam down to all the cool planets, but you're too important to get shot within the first five minutes.

@KALofKRYPTON Hey, it's Star Trek. Plenty of "green chicks" to go around, I'm sure.

Let alone distracting from a captain; one of the reasons I'd pick either Picard or Janeway is so that I'm not distracted by the captain.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I'm sure day dreaming the Quantum Leap theme tune while watching Archer doing, well... anything would wear off eventually.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I very nearly said something about "serving under Archer" but this is a family forum.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I feel like we're turning this in to some sort of 'racy' 'Carry On ' bit!

FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON @FullbringIchigo I can picture it now...

Carry On Up the Jefferies Tube, featuring Captain Pickled, Mister Woof (to always be pronounced like Rik Mayall does in Blackadder) and Doctor Crush-on-Her as they boldly go where so many men have gone before, aboard the USS Enter-the-Prize.

It writes itself (which is why I'm stopping now, and never speaking of this again).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger wouldn't Enter-HER-Prize have been better?

i'm sorry i'll get my coat

EDIT: you forgot Commander Striker

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Agreed!

@RogerRoger
What about Counselor Menage a Trois, Tasha O'Arr and Command Her Data...

We really should stop, but what a film that would've been!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON Gerodi LaPork and Wendy Crushher

and lets not get on about Torpedoes and shield penetration

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic