Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I was really on board with the anthology idea. Sounded like a great way to delve in to Trek and jump around eras we'd seen (and not) but meet new crews on different assignments.
As soon as the 'before Kirk and Spock' setting was the definite direction with the alt licence in place, it was pretty doomed.
That 2nd season finale is still the dumbest bit of flashy nonsense I've seen outside of TLJ throne room fight.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah like how the hell did those ships hold that many shuttles?

Anson Mount as Pike was awesome though and some of things they did in season 2 were a lot better than one but sadly they still had to do it in the confines of what Gretchen and Harberts set up before they was sacked for abusing the staff

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

i thought after all this talk about Discovery we needed to lighten the mood so i'm bringing it back

STAR TREK QUESTION TIME

this weeks question, SHOULD THE ENTERPRISE F BE MADE CANON
Untitled

now we all know STO isn't canon but it uses many canon elements and even has canon lore in it that wasn't said nor shown in the series and it's also home to many new classes of ships designed just for the game such as the Yamato Class or the Malachowski Class and of course the Odyssey class but should they incorporate any of them into canon?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo While I'm not much of a fan of the Odyssey Class, or any of the 25c designs in STO particularly - I'd say yes.

There's a continuity of design there that really works, especially in an image like that.

It's got the feel of mass and power and post-war prosperity about it. A good combination of the almost ostentatious luxury of the Galaxy Class and tough capability of the Sovereign.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Whilst I won't be playing the new Star Trek Online expansion, no, I will give credit to that game for its continuation starship designs. As @KALofKRYPTON points out, in that lineage shot, the Enterprise-F works quite well. It's not my favourite, nor is it perhaps personally what I'd have done, but it works well alongside its forbearers. So yeah, if they're gonna make it canon, I'd be okay with that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger so as your not going to play the new episode i thought i would share you some pictures from it

The EMH called, he want's his line back
Untitled

a bit foggy in here isn't it
Untitled

i wonder how much this mushroom will get on the black market?
Untitled

"The possibility of anything coming from Mars was a Million to One he said...."
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Looks pretty pretty, thanks for sharing!

If there were more cute nods like "please state the nature of the mycelial emergency" in the actual show itself, then I might've warmed more to Discovery.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger on a side note Rapp isn't as insufferable in this as he is in the show (at least season 1 he was much better in season 2), probably because he isn't trying to be the smartest guy in the room in this

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, he seemed to level out after his experiences inside the network in the first season. I've still yet to see Season Two but I'm glad they dialled down his propensity for jerkishness, as I was struggling to understand what Dr. Culber ever saw in him to begin with.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
The emergency is plagiarism!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON No, it's a "loving homage", "reference" or "in-joke".

At least, that's what the lawyers call it.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger You still haven't seen S2?

Well, prepare for sad Stamets dialed up to 11(!). In a rare break for the show, only he seems to be permanently upset for the season - others wavering somewhat.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Uh huh... I think they actually argued that because tradigrades exist in nature - having a blue space-travelling tardigrade wasn't actually copying at all...

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger you know i have to wonder what it would have been like if they went with the original idea and had the Tardigrade be an actual member of the crew, could you imagine this thing in a Starfleet Uniform?
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Nope. Every time I think I'm gonna watch it, I kinda just... don't care enough to actually start. I'm leaning heavily on "comfort watching" at the moment anyway.

@FullbringIchigo That might've actually been pretty cool. I like the idea of a genuinely alien crewmember, not just somebody with rubber applied to their face who speaks English.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger what's wrong with rubber faces?
Untitled

on a serious note the aliens in Trek are supposed to represent various aspects of humanity, The Vulcan's are our Logic and Reasoning, the Klingon's our strength and Honour, the Romulan's our deceptiveness and paranoia and then you get ones like the Borg who represent our fear of losing our individuality and our free will so the aliens looking like us is a good thing as it helps us identify with them, Star trek is a journey through the human condition and each race is a mirror of us

FullbringIchigo

some behind the scenes pictures as these are always fun to see

Enterprise-D Bridge
Untitled

Chris Pine and the Enterprise
Untitled

Mudd and Burnham
Untitled

Voyager Bridge construction
Untitled

filming on the TNG set
Untitled

Brent checking his lines
Untitled

JJ directing
Untitled

Leonard on set with his son Adam
Untitled

Gerodi makeup test
Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Some good shots there.

Nice to see JJ get some behind the scenes lens flare!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i think he just emits them naturally

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

OK honest question IF this wasn't a Star Trek ship, if it was just a ship from some generic sci-fi show do you think it's a good design (screenshot taken from Star Trek Online)
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic