Forums

Topic: PSBGOAT Cup group stages

Posts 101 to 120 of 141

Boostahead

themcnoisy wrote:

@Boostahead I'm not massive on trading card games. But I love Normal card games like black jack, poker, sevens, rummy etc. And when it comes to board games its usually chess (best game ever) or cluedo. That said I've watched some hearthstone videos and for what it is, its really polished and well made.

It's definitely worth a play, for the strategy alone, would recommend to anyone; TCG player or not it's easy enough to pick up.

Boostahead

PSN: Boostahead

NomNom

themcnoisy wrote:

NomNom wrote:

First place : Goldeneye - 3 points
Second place: Goldeneye - 1 point

lol, play the game and thanks for voting - who's your second place going too?

Of all of the games in the Finals, I like GoldenEye. So it get's my first place votes, but I guess since I can't vote twice, I'll give Second place to the one I dislike the least, which would be Sonic the hedgehog.

PSN: Ultranomnom

I'll take the Vita to the grave with me, even if Sony won't.

PSN: Ultranomnom

BAMozzy

I had no choice in my voting. I can't stand fighting games so SF would never get a vote. I never got into Final Fantasy or a particular fan of JRPGs and Hearthstone is a Card game - a F*****G CARD game. I can understand all the other games on this list - Goldeneye an all time great and the grandfather of the modern FPS. Sonic - Sega's mascot response to Mario (why no Super Mario 64?? It took platforming to a whole new dimension (literally) and one of the greatest all time games or Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
Goldeneye would probably be one of my all time favourites and a game that immediately springs to mind as an all time great. I know Wolfenstein and Doom were FPS games but Goldeneye took it to a whole new level and games like CoD, BF etc are all based off of Goldeneyes format. It changed the gaming landscape more than any other game.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

BAMozzy wrote:

I had no choice in my voting. I can't stand fighting games so SF would never get a vote. I never got into Final Fantasy or a particular fan of JRPGs and Hearthstone is a Card game - a F*****G CARD game. I can understand all the other games on this list - Goldeneye an all time great and the grandfather of the modern FPS. Sonic - Sega's mascot response to Mario (why no Super Mario 64?? It took platforming to a whole new dimension (literally) and one of the greatest all time games or Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
Goldeneye would probably be one of my all time favourites and a game that immediately springs to mind as an all time great. I know Wolfenstein and Doom were FPS games but Goldeneye took it to a whole new level and games like CoD, BF etc are all based off of Goldeneyes format. It changed the gaming landscape more than any other game.

Super Mario bros 3 went out in the last 10. Hearthstone had a lucky draw - but it got some love and points at the right time. We will be re running this in the summer but a bigger version and @BAMozzy will make sure you get the chance to join in. But I am actually glad we have ended up with these 5 games, its a brilliant mix.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

I am not denying its quite a mix as most genres are catered for. I can't comment on the fighting genre but I do think there are better RPG's than FF and I thought 7 was the one. I do think Mario (in particular SM64) did more for gaming than Sonic ever has - not saying Sonic is bad. I really can't understand Hearthstone's inclusion - its unlikely to win any GotY or go down in history as a Classic.
All the others I can understand (to a degree) their inclusion but Hearthstone sticks out as an 'oddity' amongst classics. I really can't see it making anyones top 10 games of all time...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy ff7 went out early, ff6 and ff8 were both in the last 10. This cup is not an exact science and I'm sure if we ran it again and more people voted inevitably we would have a different final 5. But that said thanks for voting.

Jaz007

That's a not a great selection...
Anyways, I'll go for
Goldeneye - 3 points
Street Fighter 2 - 1 point

Jaz007

themcnoisy

Current table

Street Fighter 2 - 11 points
Goldeneye - 11 points
Sonic the hedgehog - 7 points
Final Fantasy 6 - 7 points
Hearthstone - zero

As you can see its tight at the top we need those last few votes in to find the winner. Closes Monday 7pm UK time. @sub12 @kyleforrester87 @ShogunRok @TOMBOY25 you have less than 23hours to vote.

themcnoisy

5 hours and 40 minutes to get the last votes in. If your unsure about posting or just browsing the thread please put your thoughts into writing. As it stands theres a draw for first and a draw for third. Anyone who is still to go can give 3 points to their favourite and 1 point to their second favourite.

Choose between;
Sonic the hedgehog
Final Fantasy 6
Hearthstone
Street Fighter 2
Goldeneye

kyleforrester87

None of those are my personal favourite games but they are all iconic and represent a broad genre, so my points will have to go to games I appreciate are great while I may not neccessarily think they are amazing personally. That said, and while it isnt my personal favourite in the series, FF6 would have to take 3 points. I have no real interest in Heartstone but I understand its hugely popular and reviewed very well but I think other games on the list are more important. So then it's a toss up between Goldeneye, SF2 and Sonic.. On the one hand I want to pick Goldeneye since it paved the way for some excelent console shooters and I loved playing multiplayer back in the day. Then I think SF2 since, while I didn't play a huge amount of it, I appreciate how technical the gameplay was and still is. But I think I have to give it to Sonic - I remember seeing a few minutes of Green Hill Zone at somebodies house when I was 5 or 6 and was blown away by the colours having only been gaming on a C64 at that point, and I've enjoyed Sonic through to Adventure 2 since then.

So I say:

FF6 - 3
Sonic - 1

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

Last 20 minutes,
Street Fighter 2 - 11 points
Goldeneye - 11 points
Final Fantasy 6 - 10 points
Sonic the hedgehog - 8 points
Hearthstone - 0 points

Is it going to be a joint win???? Thanks @Kyleforrester87 that separates 3rd place. @sub12 @ShogunRok @Johnnycide you can make a massive difference as the clock ticks down.... 7pm closing uk time.

Edited on by themcnoisy

themcnoisy

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Looks like you need to figure out a tie breaker

Ok theres going to be a 13 hour tie break. Voting closes at 8.30 tomorrow morning uk time. There can be only 1. Everyone back in the room. 5th is Hearthstone, 4th is Sonic, 3rd is final fantasy 6. But to find our push square game of all time cup winner you can pick one and only one of the following....

Street Fighter 2 v Goldeneye

What a brilliant final, final :/

Boostahead

It's the godfather of beat 'em ups vs the grandaddy of modern FPS.... My vote will have to go to Goldeneye.

Boostahead

Weskerb

Both great games. I'll switch to Goldeneye because it did give me more fun over the years.

Weskerb

BAMozzy

Goldeneye

It is probably in my top 10 games of all time and one of the most influential games too. I am sure it is the reason we have had the FPS dominance in terms of genre. It may not have been the first but certainly one of the first on console and bring it to the masses. It had an epic campaign including 2 bonus missions and a fantastic MP. I spent many many nights playing this until stupid o'clock with my wife, friends and family.

themcnoisy

@Tasuki @Jaz007 You two full timers joining in?

For me although goldeneye is a beast however When I was 12 I got battered at street fighter 2 in a local video shop on the arcade game. I got the mega drive game soon after. after weeks of practicing I went back and won with Chun Li against the same video stores sf champion perfecting the second round. It was the best. I was well chuffed. He the accused me of spamming spinning bird kick - and then wouldn't let me stay on the game. Oh well. Street Fighter 2 for the win.

Boostahead

themcnoisy wrote:

@Tasuki @Jaz007 You two full timers joining in?

For me although goldeneye is a beast however When I was 12 I got battered at street fighter 2 in a local video shop on the arcade game. I got the mega drive game soon after. after weeks of practicing I went back and won with Chun Li against the same video stores sf champion perfecting the second round. It was the best. I was well chuffed. He the accused me of spamming spinning bird kick - and then wouldn't let me stay on the game. Oh well. Street Fighter 2 for the win.

Oh the nostalgia, I wish they'd bring arcades back, I know you can find the odd one at bowling alleys and what not but I think they'd actually do well today, Japan never lost em...

Boostahead

themcnoisy

@Boostahead Theres one close to mine - its New Brighton on the Wirral. Never closed down, first place I played double dragon, ridge racer, blastroids, hang on, virtua fighter, king of fighters etc. It hasn't got anywhere near the games now but theres still some ok ones sat there. With street fighter it seemed every shop which had space had a version plugged in. We will never see that again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.