Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,074

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet Yeah i saw that a bit back and i'm still unsure about it, Cho has the acting chops don't get me wrong but i don't think he has the charisma to do Spike justice

still the proof in is the pudding, so to speak and until we see him in action i'm holding my judgment

also Death Note wasn't that bad, definitely inferior to the original work but it's not bad but i think changing th setting from Japan to America is probably what caused the most hate, you know what puritans are like, me i never had an issue with that, made it feel fresh, same with the Ghost in the Shell movie

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

been sorting out all my games and when i found these i thought, "I kinda miss when Bandai Namco didn't have a monopoly on Anime games, there was a lot more variety then"

Untitled

yeah these games wasn't the best but they are still fun and did something different to the usual one on one fighters we always seem to get now

lets hope Dragon Ball Z Kakarot is the start of a more diverse selection of Anime titles

also i have this too (thank goodness for CodeJunkies and their region free disc)

Untitled

and even though i don't understand a word of the text in the game it's still more fun to play than Jump Force

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet as long as they do the upscaling right, Anime can look terrible in HD with a bad upscaling

RR529

Godzilla 2: City on the Edge of Battle (Netflix original film) - sequel to Godzilla: Monster Planet that sees the remnents of humanity hoping to push back against Godzilla after they discover that the old Mechagodzilla project abandoned thousands of years prior may be salvagable. Has a message about not overly relying on technology and cold logic.

Violence - Mild: Just imagery of war machinery being destroyed and stuff like that. Notging gory.

Sex - None.

Language - Mild: Just your typical PG-13 type stuff.

How'd I like it? It was pretty decent, although I wish that they had kept around a Mechagodzilla in it's traditional form, albiet larger to combat Godzilla Earth. As is, it kinda plays out like the battle from the first movie, just on a larger scale.

Godzilla 3: the Planet Eater (Netflix original film) - The final entry in the trilogy that sees what's left of humanity falling into a cult that promises to destroy Godzilla by summoning their god, King Ghidora (of course this doesn't end up being the best idea). This one has a message about not overly relying on religion or the occult.

Violence - Medium: It's not particularly gory, but does have the most disturbing imagery out of all these films, including a scene that indicates a character was cooked alive just a dream though, a scene where peoples' bodies are being eaten alive by an etheral force (albiet with no gore), and a character's face, clothes, & hands are covered in blood after sustaining damage to their eye.

Sex - Mild: A female character strips down, although nothing is shown, and the scene is presented in a more poignant way.

Language - Mild: Again, just typical PG-13 stuff.

How'd I like it? Again, it was pretty decent, but I wouldn't put the film (or the entire trilogy) on my list of favorite anime movies. I still appreciate that they did something really new with the Godzilla IP, though, as there's nothing else in the Kaiju's long history quite like these films, and they're still worth a look if you're into anime or Godzilla. While he definitely had a sense of scale & power, I wasn't a huge fan of Ghidora's design here.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FullbringIchigo

so the trailer for the Netflix Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac trailer just dropped and i was wondering what people thought

personally i have a soft spot for this franchise and it's doesn't looks too bad really

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Looks decent. Watched a bit of anime (can't recalled which ones) when I was young so I'll be watching this when it releases.

Also, the makers behind Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann have a new movie.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet that guy in the thumbnail is SO Kamina

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Yeah.lol Promare does seem to use a lot CG compared to the other two previous anime. I'm usually not big fan of anime that is CG heavy but based on trailer I think they've blended both traditional hand drawn animation and CG quite well in some of the scenes.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo

here is a question, any one have any Anime Regrets

My Anime Regrets never finishing collecting this franchise before it was taken out of print
Untitled

never getting the last 2 Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes while they was still available
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet it actually looks pretty good, it probably wont get a UK release though sadly

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo It'll most likely won't be screen here either. I'll have to wait for the DVD/Blu-ray since I doubt it'll be on Netflix.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet to be fair the UK will be lucky to even get that

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo I never finished my Maison Ikkoku DVD Set collection. Now all the ones I don't have are either unavailable or ridiculously expensive.

At least I finished my collection of the manga, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah same with me and the Dragon Boxes, they go for hundreds now, i saw one for example a £399

it's ridiculous how much scalpers charge the greedy B*******, taking advantage of peoples fandom for their own personal greed, it should be illegal

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Not really. It's just supply-and-demand. If you want a super OOP thing, then sellers are going to charge more, because rarity increases the item's value.

It is, of course, annoying being on the wrong end of that dynamic.

Not an anime thing, but there's a horror author I like, and he released a hardcover reissue of one of his older books for $30. I was a bit light on funds at the time and put off buying it at the time. A month later, it cost hundreds of dollars because of the apparently ridiculously small print run, and it hasn't gone down since. LOL

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic