Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,072

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah the issue is with things like limited run releases is the scalpers buy up all the stock themselves just so they can charge inflated prices afterwards, just look at what happened with the NES Mini when it first launched and that's what pisses me off, the B******* purposely create a shortage so they can jack the prices up

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo That only happens because these companies manufacture ridiculously low quantities of things in the first place. Although, in general, I think that anything with a small print run should be limited to one purchase per account. And, in fairness, I think most companies who release items with a small print run do just this. Scalpers are crafty devils, but there's absolutely nothing illegal (and shouldn't be, even if it's sort of morally dubious) about buying up and reselling rare items.

Companies like Nintendo need to do better market research in the first place and manufacture enough systems that these supply problems don't happen before the item even officially releases.

I've got my eye on the Pokemon Switch Lite, but I have no illusions that getting one will be easy.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo I usually order mine from Amazon but not many though since they can be are quite pricy at times.

Watching the trailer, reminded me that I still want to get Lupin the IIIrd: Goemon's Blood Spray Blu-ray but Amazon doesn't have it.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KidRyan

Anyone here buy from Sentai Filmworks' Summer 2019 Anime Sale? I spent almost $235 but totally worth it. Their store didn't charge me any sales tax either, despite living in California.

Store Sale link: https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/summer-sale-2019

Order Summary:
Demon King Daimao Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($6.99 USD)
Fate/Stay Night Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($14.99 USD)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Blu-Ray ($4.99 USD)
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($9.99 USD)
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei! Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($9.99 USD)
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei! Herz! Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($9.99 USD)
Gintama: The Motion Picture Blu-Ray ($4.99 USD)
High School of the Dead Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($6.99 USD)
High School of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead OVA Blu-Ray ($4.99 USD)
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($6.99 USD)
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($9.99 USD)
Kino's Journey Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($19.99 USD)
Log Horizon Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($24.99 USD)
Made in Abyss Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($19.99 USD)
Negima! Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($24.99 USD)
Negima!? Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($24.99 USD)
Squid Girl Seasons 1 & 2 Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($19.99 USD)
The Familiar of Zero Complete Collection Blu-Ray ($8.99 USD)

Subtotal: $234.82 USD
Shipping: $0.00 USD (FREE)
Total: $234.82 USD

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/TtrcNGv.png

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@KidBoruto unfortunately the UK doesn't get sales like that

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RR529

Really suprised to see no one mention the story of the arsonist who set Kyoto Animation on fire today (I saw an article a few hours ago on Yahoo while at work).

It's apparently the deadliest arson Japan has seen in nearly 20 years, with dozens dead & dozens more injured. I haven't seen many of their series (I think just Eureka Seven & Deadman Wonderland, of which the former is one of my favorite anime series), but this is a terrible tragedy, and I pray for everyone affected.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@RR529 33 confirmed dead so far, I believe. While he hasn't been confirmed to be dead yet, the legendary Yasuhiro Takemoto is also missing.

Put it in your signature please. I know it's for a good cause but it can still be considered spam -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

WanderingBullet

@RR529 Yeah, I read about it yesterday. It is really indeed sad news they lost the studio and workers from the fire.

Btw, isn't Eureka Seven by Studio Bones?

I'm trying to recall which KyoAni anime I've watched and I think A Silent Voice, Beyond the Boundary, K-On!, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, and Sound! Euphonium were by them. I didn't finished watching the latter three titles but I enjoyed the first three. Both A Silent Voice and Beyond the Boundary were especially great. Great animation quality in general for all the titles mentioned.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

so anyone catch Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya on Netflix yet, it's actually really good but it's also only 6 episodes long, not sure if that's all or if they are just releasing in batches like they sometimes do

Untitled

i also like that it takes the original story and sets it in the modern day, so people have smart phones and everything but it still strangely works

one downside is just like MANY other Toei shows it reuses scenes quite often (such as super attacks) but given that it's a CG series that to be expected plus the manga did it too anyway

FullbringIchigo

i have decided to re-watch Bleach again, anyone else restarted or thinking of restarting any series?

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki yes don't be lazy and get up and put the DVD in your PS4

FullbringIchigo

@KidBoruto HA! fat chance of that, releases over here are terrible, in fact the ONLY animes we get reguallary are Naruto and Dragon Ball and sales hardly ever happen

even half the stuff on Crunchyroll and funaimation now aint available to us

FullbringIchigo

@KidBoruto DVD and blu-ray imports, i have a multi region DVD player and Australia is the same blu-ray region as we are and they tend to get the things we don't

Ralizah

I can't remember the last time I bought a disc of any sort. I'm ready for an all-digital future, I think.

I would have made an exception for that gorgeous Blu-Ray Evangelion collection that Japan got, but now that Netflix has a hold of it, that'll never happen. And even if it does, it wouldn't have the different versions of Fly Me to the Moon used in the show, which would be a deal breaker.

I'll stick to my DVDs from 15 years ago and digital rips of the Japanese Blu-Ray collection, I guess.

RR529

To my utter bewilderment I actually managed to win an Evangelion figure on Toreba this morning with my free plays.

Let's see if they actually get it to me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic