Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 321 to 340 of 729

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Wow, yes. There was a Batman of similar size and price, and it crossed a line for me, no matter how long I sat and stared longingly at it; am happy to have gone for a smaller, cheaper Batman piece instead, like you did with Spidey. Leaves more room (and spare change) to increase display diversity, and put things like LEGO alongside them.

That might've just helped me decide which Miles to get. Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

An actual piece of gaming tat for the gaming tat topic...

Untitled

Whatever you do, don't go "Hey, that's not a bad Dr. Eggman at all. I wonder if the other Sonic Funko Pops look as good? Let's search for them!"

Trust me. Your eyesight isn't worth the risk. Save yourselves.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I should've listened to you @RogerRoger

I saw that Eggman and went "Wow that's actually not a nightmare abomination. It looks great in fact! And those Batmen aren't half bad on the previous page either"

So I ended up looking at Knuckles...

Untitled

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Eggman rocks!

Is that... 12? 🤔

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I did warn you.

It's those kinds of abominations which still have me being cautious about Pops, and taking them on individual merit. I can't just say "the Sonic ones were good" because, as your melted eye sockets are currently telling you, that simply isn't the case.

Either they luck out, and a design works (like Eggman) or they're literally the only source for a half-decent, semi-reliable take on a specific character (like the previous Batmen).

Tread lightly!

@KALofKRYPTON Yep. Since all of his other merchandise looks like a melting candle, I searched for his Pop variants and was pleasantly surprised. Most are too expensive now, though. There's one of him in his sunglasses, playing guitar, which is £60 or more everywhere I've looked. His regular default design is also pretty pricey, although eBay still has a handful at £20 or so. Still a bit much for a Pop.

Which is why I was delighted to find that cheeky variant (with his spoon, from "Robot of Sherwood") going cheap. Same with the Memorial TARDIS. It seems nobody wants the specific ones, but I do. They remind me of favourite moments, rather than being generic.

Also got a Missy. Because... well, because Missy.

Untitled

The sonic screwdriver turned out to be pretty amazing. All of the copyright markings are hidden, meaning it looks great from any angle. Definitely display-worthy (although bless him, my Doctor is gonna have a hard time picking it up, I fear).

Untitled

Oh, and I got some Daleks.

Untitled

There'll also be the LEGO Ideas TARDIS set from 2015, which will arrive over the weekend, and the LEGO Dimensions pack containing Twelve, K-9 and a mini TARDIS.

It's dark down here!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I see.

Missy looks great, quite like the TARDIS too!
Was never a fan of any of the modern sonic screwdrivers; though that's possibly because they're such a crutch in the show.

I do really love the Breville Daleks! It's a shame they didn't really stick around or have much more use.

I've come close to getting LEGO Dimensions just for the Doctor Who stuff! The in game TARDIS and regeneration stuff is so very nicely done!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON The sonic screwdriver is hugely overused nowadays, yes. I think that's a result of them latching on to elements of the original which had become pop culture touchstones by 2005. Wasn't it Pertwee who basically used it to open his garage door?

For all my eye-rolling at the Matt Smith era, those new Daleks look gorgeous. I agree, I'd have loved to have seen them show up a bit more.

You can play as all thirteen Doctors (twelve, plus the War Doctor)! It looks amazing! Have been sorely tempted myself, by that and the Sonic stuff, but then I think about how much of a fiddle it'd be to keep using the minifigs on the portal. My lounge isn't really set up for having things around me whilst I game. Plus I'd have to put up with Gandalf in the story mode. Urgh!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Pretty much for Pertwee. I think it got some more elaborate use, but certainly nothing near the current trend.

Most classic Doctors really did just use it as a remote screwdriver!

I remember 5's (well, 4's) being destroyed and him just not replacing it. 😂

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Alas, in this post-Potter world, every wizard needs a wand.

Or, however briefly, a pair of cheap shades.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I used to have a pair of socks from Asda that were supposed to say ‘Dalek Sec’ on them but said ‘Dalek Spec’ instead. That’s the quality you get from George@Asda 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Priceless! Good ol' George!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@BearsEatBeets Not a bad sculpt at all that! They've even got the AirMax velcro fastener on the shoes!
Not too sure about the flesh tone, but that's a decent piece for 45 quid!

BearsEatBeets

@KALofKRYPTON yeah it looks like he’s borrowed some of Trump’s spray-tan. Maybe it will be better on the production pieces. Thought the sculpt/size was good for the price.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets @KALofKRYPTON Wow, that Keaton statue being £45 surprised me, as that photograph makes him look way more premium! Very nice, and thanks for the tag!

I must admit, I prefer his Batman Returns suit. Might keep an eye out for a variant.

Also, it's really rare to find Diamond Select starships on special offer, so thanks for posting the link to the USS Enterprise as well. They're usually limited in number and prices go up rather considerably over time, rarely ever down. Interesting; I've never seen that website before, so will bookmark it in case they're consistently generous with their pricing!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I've used both these sites a few times and have been happy with the service. I got all my darkhorse Witcher statues from Animegami.co.uk and they do a reward thing so after buying a few things you can earn a few quid discount. I've got some good prices from Darkside, and I like that if it's over £150 the price you see is what you pay, no shipping or taxes to pay as it's EU based. I got a few sideshow pieces and my Weta Lara Croft from them.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

KALofKRYPTON

@BearsEatBeets Yeah - DST ships don't hang around long - or stay near that sort of price!

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets A lack of shipping or import tax is always welcome, nice!

You mention having a Weta Lara Croft; that wouldn't be the one from Shadow, would it? With the jaguar? If so, I'm incredibly jealous! I decided to go with Gaming Heads instead, but their glacial release schedule for their 20th Anniversary line means I've only got Tomb Raider III represented on my shelves thusfar. Part of me wished I'd just gone bigger and been done with it!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic