Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 301 to 320 of 729

WanderingBullet

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, most of their statues are anywhere between $900 to $2500. If remember correctly, the God of War statues were around $1300.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet
RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Going back a page, I saw those Horizon statues you posted pictures of when I started my current replay, and thought that I'd maybe get something a bit more substantial than my Aloy and Watcher Totaku figures. No shelf space, alas, but they are gorgeous!

And if that Normandy was the SR-1 then space be damned, I'd be getting one regardless.

@KALofKRYPTON Going back even further, this is entirely your fault...

Untitled

Untitled

They're annoyingly not that bad, which has potentially cracked open the door to me liking Pop Vinyl figures now (although unmasked humans do still weird me out; the Roger Moore from Octopussy was a random impulse addition to my basket). The aforementioned lack of shelf space will prohibit me from going bananas, but the right design at the right moment might occasionally catch me out.

Also, my Blu-Ray copy of The Death and Return of Superman came with this chap, who is pretty cool and I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing...

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oh my!

The Pops are actually pretty great! Even the Moore! Look at that mole! 😂😂

Steel looks quite good there. Little bit Iron Giant, but nice. Did he come with a hammer?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON The mole is what sold me on Moore's Bond. It just elevates the generic design enough to make it recognisable and shove it over the right side of the "cute" wall. They've done Brosnan from GoldenEye but I won't be biting, as he simply isn't distinctive.

No hammer, alas. I guess an accessory was too much to ask from a freebie! He uses it in the movie, though, and his Iron Giant vibes work within its design language.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Yeah, this newer attempt at Death and Return... is much better that the last animated effort!

Looking forward to Red Sun this week!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I sat on the fence about the SR-2 for a bit as to whether I really wanted it or just an impulse thing. It now says sold out so made my mind up for me. The SR-1 is cool but I like the look of the SR-2 better. Now if they do a SR-2 in Alliance colours from ME3 it would tip the scales.

Waiting to see the price of Aloy, Prime One prices have shot up of late. Shelf space isn't an issue right now as most of my collectible stuff is in storage. I might shock myself when I finally work out how much space I'll need to display it all.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Agreed; that first movie was awful. I really liked the supercut of Death and Return but reckon it caught me in the best possible mood for it.

Red Son is released next week, isn't it? And there's a version with yet more free tat!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Red-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/...

Although he looks genuinely ill there, so I think I'll pass this time.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Always wise. I took weeks to figure out my central signature pieces. And that's fair enough; the yellow and black does look good, although I agree that a version from Mass Effect 3 would have me reaching for my wallet as well. Need to remember to keep an eye out, as I don't search for Mass Effect collectibles as often as I do everything else.

I'm in the market for one last shelf right now. Can't build my UCS Batmobile without it! Then I'll really have to sit on my hands and stop myself for a while, I think.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger oh wow... that's pretty horrid isn't it!

I still have a decent Red Son figure from many moons ago. This week digitally thought.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah, yes, digital is always earlier. Forgot about that. Hope it's good!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger The trailer looked good. I don't think there's much that an adaptation would necessarily need to trim down or alter.
I reckon they'll change the ending though.

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger You have the UCS Batmobile, that looks pretty sweet. Have a few of the Star Wars UCS sets myself. I would love for them to do a UCS Back to the Future Delorean.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON If there's one thing they'll change, it'll definitely be the ending.

@BearsEatBeets That would make for an awesome set. I have the UCS Slave 1 and will be getting the Republic Gunship when it's released later in the year (although goodness knows where that'll go). I'm trying to keep a balance between LEGO and "serious things" before I slow down.

How come your stuff is in storage, if you don't mind me asking? Do you plan to get it all back out?

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I ended up moving back with my Mum after a relationship ended. Don't really want to rent so I'm saving up for my own place. Can be dangerous for a collector like me having a pot of savings and I have dipped into it a few times. But yeah everything is boxed up and in storage or in the mini storeroom which is my bedroom. Maybe when I eventually get a place I'll take some picks of my collection. I've made a list and it's getting quite extensive.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Gotcha; I agree that it's a dangerous position to be in, saving like that and yet constantly seeing threats to your total being released. Thanks for your honest answer! I hope you're able to resist temptation and get your own place soon; if it helps, I'll try not to tag you with "Look at this!" too often.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger It's all good, my self control isn't that bad. When I've dipped into my savings it doesn't normally take long to put it back. Since making the list I've gotten a bit more selective about what I add.

That being said I pre-ordered this today

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Lists are good. I'll take any more self-control tips you may have!

That's one heck of a Spidey statue! Nicely done! I was looking at some similar items after recently enjoying Into the Spider-Verse for the first time. I got torn between the following and couldn't decide, so left it for now because I'm gonna be playing the PS4 game soon, and being in a broader Spidey mood might help.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-miles-morales-ir...

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-miles...

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Into the Spider-Verse is great. Both of those statues look good, depends how much space you want to take up (and cost). I've been getting more of the smaller stuff recently, got the 1/10th God of War and Star-Lord (both Iron Studios) in the last few months.

I am really impressed with this guy

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-advan...

but too big and too much. That's why I snapped up the little guy when he became available.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic