Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 341 to 360 of 729

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Very nice! And very jealous!

For space reasons, I'm not getting all six of the Gaming Heads 20th Anniversary statues; I'll only be adding The Angel of Darkness and Legend to my current Tomb Raider III one, as they're my favourite games from the ones they're adapting (although I do love Temple of Osiris, and was considering that second Lara you've got a while back). The way they're doing them, their interconnecting bases should still fit together into a nice display.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I wasn't aware of this series. I just had a quick look and it's a cool idea to have them all interlocking. I couldn't see any pictures of the Legend or Rises ones, I might have to keep an eye out for them. I really liked Underworld and Lara's look in that but that one doesn't seem to be well regarded.

I had a message flash up when I went to the site, looks like they are going to do Andromeda characters.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets They've sketched out how they're all supposed to connect together, and what their rough designs will be (they're tweaking some as they go). Looks like it'll be quite impressive when all said and done. I wish there was an Underworld one as well, but Legend is my favourite game in the franchise, so I'll be happy enough with her to represent the Keeley Hawes era.

https://cdn.gamingheads.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/ima...

And yeah, I saw that just now, when looking for the above image! Thanks for the heads-up; will have to keep an eye on the site, as I'd imagine they'll be quite niche and therefore limited in number.

On a (much) smaller scale, I got the LEGO Dimensions: Doctor Who level pack over the weekend.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Nice, do they do all the different Doctor's? Hopefully Lego do some more licenses in the future. It's a shame a lot of cool stuff will never be done because of the age rating (Alien/Robocop/Witcher etc). I saw someone made this and thought it would be make a great set with mini figs from the show. Especially as they have already done Simpson's stuff and a smaller version did well on their ideas site.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Alas, no. Whilst all thirteen Doctors (One to Twelve, plus War) are digitally represented in LEGO Dimensions, there's only ever been one physical LEGO set from the franchise, representing the moment between Eleven's regeneration into Twelve.

Untitled

It was submitted via LEGO Ideas, just like that (incredibly impressive) Planet Express ship.

You say that about age ratings, and that's likely a valid concern for some of what you've listed, but I'm always prepared to be surprised by LEGO. For years people thought they'd never do James Bond, and yet suddenly there was the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger a couple years back. Shame the model itself looked atrocious, but it was proof that they'll sometimes cater for the adult collector. Same with Stranger Things, which got a gorgeously inventive set of the Upside-Down.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@BearsEatBeets Why the Sonar suit?!?!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@BearsEatBeets yeah. Shame really. The 'panther' suit is brilliant.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Stunning, thank you! I knew they were in the pipeline, but hadn't seen anything beyond a fuzzy publicity shot on their "Coming Soon" page. They look incredible!

@KALofKRYPTON As much as I agree with your love for the Panther Suit, I think the Sonar Suit is a little more iconic and unique to the era. It also gives me hope for the future, because Clooney's Ice Suit is basically the Sonar Suit with some spikey bits of silver stuck all over it, which makes it more likely Hot Toys would produce one further down the line, re-using their moulds.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That's a fair point!

KALofKRYPTON

@BearsEatBeets Not a fan of BaleBat myself.
Good looking piece though.

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Phew, yeah... my wallet is so grateful that I hate the Nolan films right now! But thanks for the tag, as he's one heck of a fine lookin' statue regardless.

Iron Studios have gotten markedly better in recent years. They're consistently good right now.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

This has caught my eye. It would go well with my Arkham Knight Batman.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I have a friend who'd love that Cloud, so thanks for the heads-up!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I think I'd draw the line at replica weapons, but cheers all the same! Not sure how wise it is to promote that kinda stuff whilst we're all bottled up in our homes, driving ourselves and one another up the walls (kidding; my brother would actually love this kinda thing)!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic