Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

so who else is enjoying their revisit to Midgar (or your first visit) also remember NO SPOILERS

Untitled

yes i'm using the alternate cover, it's closer to the UK PS1 original

and here it is in pride of place on my shelf with some of my other FF games

Untitled

personally i am LOVING it been playing it for about 11 hours now and just got to wall market but i gotta say i think Square nailed it with this

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo It’s probably a solid 8 for me so far and I’ve just got to the wee bit after Aerith’s house. The gameplay’s fun, the soundtrack’s brilliant and the graphics are incredible. I have a few issues with the script and voices so far but nothing major. The whole extra section with Jessie I thought was great and really added to the game. The other new plot elements, I’m really really not keen on at all. Especially not when they come with FFXV and KH-esque generic orchestra and wailing opera voices.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

I’m right near wall market, I am really enjoying it but the second reactor mission was a bit of a slog to be totally honest.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

jdv95

it's sooooooo good!

also don't realy notice the poor texture issues.

jdv95

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Wow it wasn’t just me then. It’s as if they took my least favourite part of the original game (the train tracks) and then stretched it out for as long as possible. At least there aren’t random encounters, the rate in that section of the original was criminal.

Thrillho

I'm also in the "good fun" category but it has felt jarring playing these whole new areas. The combat is a real highlight and I like the new materia they've put in. The fleshed out characters make such a difference too. I think I'm just heading off to the second reactor bombing imminently having just done the "ghost" attack outside Seventh Heaven.

Thrillho

nessisonett

I’ve had loads of texture issues but some I’m not sure if they’re just drawn that way. The doors in Stargazer Heights look terrible but I haven’t seen them sort themselves after a couple of minutes like the other texture glitches.

Thrillho

Also, a quality of life tip for anyone who hasn't already figure it out; L2 changes between the compass at the top of the screen, a minimap, or neither. I was wondering for ages where the compass had gone..

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@jdv95 the poor textures are all over the place, but unless you really look for them they don’t tend to stick out so it’s not a major problem.

@nessisonett yeah the under plate section was just a bit boring and then it lead into getting key cards to reconfigure the Airbuster. It wasn’t terrible by any stretch but too many tedious sections like that will ultimately put me off wanting to play through it again. I am guessing things will take an upturn now I have hooked up with AeriS.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Thrillho yeah I have been playing it with the map and compass off mostly (probably made the underplate more frustrating to be honest). Also R2 to sprint is better than L3 I think.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Matroska

After the bike part with Jessie, what did she say to you guys? She can actually say 3 different things. One is that you failed the test, one is that you passed but only barely, the third is that you passed and then she gives you a little kiss. You get a trophy for this. It's all down to how much HP you have at the end.

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, that was the low point for me. I just wanted it to be over. Copy-pasting the same floor 5 times before Airbuster didn't help either.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

nessisonett

@Matroska It felt very similar to XV and its endless military base things that all felt identical.

jdv95

Matroska wrote:

After the bike part with Jessie, what did she say to you guys? She can actually say 3 different things. One is that you failed the test, one is that you passed but only barely, the third is that you passed and then she gives you a little kiss. You get a trophy for this. It's all down to how much HP you have at the end.

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, that was the low point for me. I just wanted it to be over. Copy-pasting the same floor 5 times before Airbuster didn't help either.

did not get to the bike part yet but if you want the trophy you need to finish it with roughly 80% health left according to the trophy guide. might be usefull to know for those who want to get the trophy in chapter select.

jdv95

Thrillho

@Matroska FAILED as I restarted from a checkpoint for the final bit to have higher health but that also doesn’t get you the trophy. Definitely one for chapter select later.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho BTW, you pick up a bunch of materia along the way. I think I have about 3 Cures just from picking them up. But it is good to have more than one so you do not rely on one team member to explotpit weaknesses or heal etc.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Matroska

I'm wondering how materia so progress in the next game(s) since you can get Firaga, Curaga, Arise, Esuna etc in this part already. I know in some of the games they go beyond
-aga level spells into the -aja tier, such as Firaja. Maybe the materia will unlock extra levels in part 2. Maybe they'll have Flare like in the original, and make it do fire damage rather than non-elemental, that then become Flara, Flaraga? Feels like they need to do something about that, though.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

nessisonett

@Matroska It’s looking likely that it’ll be a complete reset come the second game. Maybe have you start with level 1 spells again because the power creep is all over the place. I don’t really see any other way of doing it.

Matroska

@nessisonett It occurred to me but it seems like such a bad way of doing it. It's also noticeable that they did hold back, despite going up to -aga tier, since there's only about 7 enemy skills in the game, and as far as I know they don't have Break, Ultima, x2 Cut, Manipulate, Morph, most summons, and loads of other things. So they've definitely left many things for later.

Matroska

Nei

There is a lot of FFXIII DNA in this game, it’s like they revisited that formula and made it work better.
The second bombing mission was a bit too long imho but not bad at all, and after it there was such a fantastic new high ....great stuff.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic