Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 3,698

Nei

@kyleforrester87 she’s the best, honestly She steals the scene from Tifa.I knew the Avalanche guys were a little more fleshed out but I wasn’t expecting this much.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

nessisonett

Anyone else got a bug where songs play in a loop regardless of where you are? It only stops when I pause the game and then there’s 0 music until a new track starts.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Jessie was really cute in the demo.

...thankfully, I know not to get too attached.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Matroska

I'm in Chapter 13 now. That bit just happened and it was as emotionally devastating as I thought it would be.

@kyleforrester87 Hands off, she's mine. 😤

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Matroska

@Feena Talking of bonkers, wait till you get to the Honey Bee Inn. Absolutely amazing stuff.

Matroska

Thrillho

Anyone else find the NPC in sector seven who sounds just like Patrick Warburton (but is actually his fantastically named son, Talon)?

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I don't know who that is, but the voices for most NPC's are pretty awful. It is like their voices don't match their face. The one who is ripping off the Avalanche poster was unintentionally hilarious. I had the same issue with FFXIV, especially the reporter with god awful New Yoik accent. The main cast are great as they sound what I imagined how they sounded in my head after all these years.

Still these are minor grumbles in the larger scheme of things.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder He plays Joe Swanson in Family Guy, Lemony Snicket in the Netflix show, Hugo Vasquez in Tales From the Borderlands. Quite a distinct voice!

I’ve found the NPC dialogue a little loud at times as it can drown out the main conversation taking place. Still having fun and liking the new material I’ve got already.

And a PSA: don’t buy ice materia from the item vendor immediately...

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah you find that on quest a bit later.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula That is exactly where my head is at. They have managed to keep the feel of how the original looks, sounds and plays but update it for the modern generation.

@Thrillho I think your gonna get that though, unless you look at a guide before everytime you buy something. You can just equip it on another party member. I bought a lightening one as Barrett was no longer part of my team currently.

Matroska

It's pretty amazing how while only focusing on Midgar, and wonderfully expanding on it, - and really elevating what could be quite basic, brief scenes to while new levels that still have the same emotional core - the game also kind of mirrors the trajectory of the original entire game. For example, the additional minigames fill in for the Gold Saucer. Certain revelations from post-Midgar are placed earlier. Bits of the various flashbacks are placed earlier.

There's even an equivalent to the Gold Saucer date thing. Yes, the various dialogue choices not only change what quests you get in Wall Market and which of the important people there helps you, it also changes a scene later where you get a conversation with either Barret, Tifa or Aeris. I got Tifa and it was a really sweet scene.

Matroska

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The woman in Sector 7 that gives you the sidequest in the factory had me actually laughing out loud. It reminded me of the NPCs in Sonic 06 with their mouths flapping all over the place.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh yeah, there are a few like that. I had to check that I hadn't started drinking and then remembered it was 11 in the morning. It reminds me of a late night comedy show from the noughties. Might be Bo Selecta, but I'm not sure.

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yes, that’s the one! I seriously couldn’t stop laughing, it just looked ridiculous after the opening hours had such brilliant animations for the characters.

Nei

Aerith’s house is so pretty! I want to live somewhere like that..well not close to the slums maybe.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska Ha Ha my god that takes me back!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic