Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 641 to 660 of 6,461

NecuVise

We love the series, at least I do, but that doesn't mean you can't dislike something. Just as with your spouse

NecuVise

Tasuki

Just started up Spider-Man and been having alot of fun with it, now if only I can get the swinging down.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

AdamantiumClaws

@NecuVise I think most people on here just enjoy/like it at best. To love it is something entirely different imo. Not trying to start an argument though.

Edited on by AdamantiumClaws

Even the rocks do not recall.

Kidfried

@AdamantiumClaws I don't know about like/love, but I know Uncharted 4 is among my favorite games on the system. Top 10 or something PS4 game to me.

I don't really care about the story, but that doesn't mean I don't love the characters, the excellent set pieces, gunplay, graphics, animations, et cetera.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@AdamantiumClaws Oh yeah, despite everything we spoke about on the previous page, I properly love all Uncharted games, faults and all. I listen to the soundtracks, have read the novel (well... have a bookmark in my copy of the novel... it counts), got the comics, the lot, and I'd be standing beside you in the queue at launch of another installment.

You can't quantify emotions; they mean different things to different people, but I reckon it's safe to say that the majority of folks on Push Square (a PlayStation site) are fans and supporters of PlayStation's most successful original franchise.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

AdamantiumClaws

I'm just hearing a lot of criticism, and how Tomb Raider is better. I don't think it's getting its due in defining a generation and pushing the medium of video games forward. But I think we should start talking about something else now, I don't feel like arguing.

@Kidfried I always wondered how to spell the full version of "etc."

NecuVise

@AdamantiumClaws on the contrary, I've read numerous times how tomb raider is poor man's uncharted but I've rarely seen someone regard it better than uncharted.

NecuVise

AdamantiumClaws

NecuVise wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws on the contrary, I've read numerous times how tomb raider is poor man's uncharted but I've rarely seen someone regard it better than uncharted.

That's what I heard until I came to this forum.

I don't think it's a poor man's Uncharted, that seems disrespectful. But it definitely has not reached the heights of Uncharted for me. In terms of top action/adventure franchises though it is definitely #2 for me.

NecuVise

@AdamantiumClaws honestly, I think they are two different series and there's no need to compare them. The gameplay is very different so I'm not sure why and on what merit they are compared. Both are great and entertaining so why not just play both without caring which one is better and what others say.

Edited on by NecuVise

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

I think some of it might be that some people on here, especially the older people like myself have grown up with Tomb Raider so hold it is closer to their hearts than Uncharted.

For me personally I preferred the gameplay in the recent Tomb Raider games over Uncharted. Yeah Uncharted has the better story and characters, but I do not play games mainly for the story and characters. Sure it helps if they are good but if I was given a choice I would go for the game with better gameplay every time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

AdamantiumClaws

@beemo There's more to Uncharted than cover-based shooting. The climbing is a big part, and is what drew me to it and kept it from getting stale. And the puzzle-solving. I think they both classify as action-adventure, although I actually think Tomb Raider is more of a survival game. The gameplay definitely has less complexity than Tomb Raider but I've never had a problem with it. The only thing I wished for was more stealth options, which finally happened in the last 2 games. Hopefully one day they'll released versions of the earlier games with some tweaks.

As for what I'm playing now, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD. It's.....not really my thing. Not a fan of the drop concept, and the story seems flimsy. The whole game seems like a gimmick. I'll probably play until the Tron world because I love Tron, and then look at cutscenes and move onto Fragmentary Passage.

JohnnyShoulder

@AdamantiumClaws Do you usually keep playing games you don't enjoy? Not having at go at you or anything, but most of your posts are how you are not enjoying the current game you are playing. For me video games is about having fun, as soon as that stops I usually move on to another game. Just interested in different ways people play games.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

AdamantiumClaws

@JohnnyShoulder I only have posted about 2 games I haven't enjoyed, you're blowing it out of proportion. When you're playing a franchise where each game is vital to the story (the 2 games I talked about are in the same franchise) you kind of have to put up with it. I ended up playing through only 2 characters' stories in Birth By Sleep, and I actually quit Dream Drop Distance because it was terrible and I've been watching cutscenes, like I said I would. I also said that I kept playing because I wished to see the Tron world, because I'm a big fan of that franchise. The tron world was only the third world into the game so it's not like I played for 20 hours. However, in the future I think I will stop playing earlier on. But it's a tough call sometimes, 1 of the characters' stories in Birth By Sleep I ended up being glad I stuck with, even through the bad parts.

AdamantiumClaws

Currently playing Kingdom Hearts a Fragmentary Passage. Really beautiful graphics. I'm not far into it but I can tell this is going to be something special.

JohnnyShoulder

@AdamantiumClaws Ah fair enough, and soz really didn't mean to cause any offence. I'm keeping count or anything, it's just the vibe I'm getting from you.

See that is pretty alien to me, I don't recall the last time I was that into the story in a video game. Maybe an episodic title when an episode finished on a cliffhanger.

Kidfried

Currently playing Sleeping Dogs -it has been on my backlog for over four years, can you imagine!- and Lara Croft The Temple of Osiris. Basically, I wanted to play a co-op game really bad and was also pretty hyped for anything Tomb Raider thanks to Shadow's release. Hopefully this will convince my partner to play an actual TR game together (as in alternating controller).

Anyway Temple of Osiris is way better than I remembered from my first few hours with the game. Might even be better than it's predecessor, Guardian of Light. I like the co-op a lot still, and the overworld is pretty cool too.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried The one thing that gives Temple of Osiris a definite edge over Guardian of Light, for me anyway, is the original score; it's incredible that such a small, almost side-project game got such a lavish musical treatment (especially since Guardian of Light simply used chopped-up tracks from the previous games). I frequently give it a listen, it's gorgeous.

A cracking little adventure; if it doesn't convince your partner, I don't know what would!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Yes, the score was actually the first thing my partner noticed and loved when we started playing! "I didn't expect such a good score." Was impressed myself as well.

Also, I like how this game, more than the last one, encourages co-operation. The gameplay is pretty tense, but is very much doable when you co-operate.

And yes, it seems like the first phase in my plan for us to play the mainline Tomb Raider games together is going exactly according to plan.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Alas, I've never played it co-operatively, but have seen a few instances of where the puzzles are re-arranged to suit however many folks are taking part. It's quite clever!

Thanks to all our Simpsons talk elsewhere, I read that last line and just pictured this:

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic