Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 561 to 580 of 6,461

RogerRoger

I'm gonna tidy up a few loose ends before the Gaming Silly Season hits, and so I've gone back to the third-person indie explorathon Submerged for a bit. I'd left it on my HDD because I had an odd-numbered trophy percentage for it, yet other things came out and I was forced to move on. I booted it back up and secured an even-numbered percentage, but the atmosphere grabbed me so I'm gonna see it through to conclusion again. Shouldn't take too long, although I've forgotten where everything was so it's quite nice to be exploring again as though new.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Ratchet and Clank is just fantastic! Has the series always been this fun? Definitely the best PS4 exclusive I've played to this point. Really love the weird, diverse weapons (Pixelizer, Groovitron, and the fully upgrade Combuster are my favorites thus far!).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD Nice. Looks like I'll be picking up that Ratchet and Clank collection on the Vita after all.

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah yeah I agree it's awesome and the best PS exclusive, not much keen on the Clank sections though. I never played a game from the series before, kinda think I missed out now. I'm sure we will get more new ones though.

It's really something special in 4K HDR.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

Ratchet & Clank is great indeed! Probably the best mascot platformer, even though it is light on platforming, of this generation.

Also, I enjoyed the older Ratchet games a lot in their time as well. I just hope Insomniac will consider remaking the other one's at some point in time as well.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

So as mentioned in the last game purchased thread, I bought Yoki's Island Express after playing the demo. The demo is fairly short at 10 - 15 mins long and your progress does NOT carry on when you buy the game.

But don't let that put you off, this is such a joy to play you won't mind replaying such a short section of the game.

I normally don't go for cutesy games as I usually find them annoying, but this stays just on the right side of charming so it does not get saccharine.

The main gameplay loop is navigating the environment using pinball mechanics. Which is really, really fun. I've not played a great deal, just got my first main quest but the level design is quite open and I have already seen a couple of areas I can't access so there are obviously abilities you unlock later on to access those.

The soundtrack is cool too, I was humming one of the tunes well after I stopped playing it. Love the art style aswell, so bright and colourful. Reminds of a kids pop up story book at times.

The only negatives I can think of so far is that all the speech is done in a gibberish style which may put some off. Usually that would bother me but not in this instance for some reason. Some might find it a tad simplistic early doors, but I don't mind that as sometimes you need games like this to play after a day in work.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@KratosMD So I’m to assume you’re taking a break from MGSV? It’s no matter, I was just wondering because I was anticipating your final analysis and I didn’t want to miss it. I would think if you completed it you would have posted a summary of your thoughts. I’ve enjoyed reading them.
As for Persona 5, I am in the same situation you’re in, except I started on Normal, I think - or Easy - I forget, but I was in the 3rd palace and I was seriously considering changing to Safe so I could breeze through and get on with the social stuff and story. But unfortunately I didn’t and I’ve taken a very long break from the game. I need to go back. That’s how I played P4 though, it took me a long time, like a year or more, as I kept going away and doing other games for a while, then coming back.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD Okay, I think you might have convinced me. Each time I tried to switch down to Safe, it brings up the warning message that says something like “Are you sure? Switching the difficulty to Safe will be permanent and you cannot go back to a harder difficulty after this” — so it scared me off of it. But at this point, I agree that I need to do it if I ever wish to finish the game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

AdamantiumClaws

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. So far, so good. Much better than the original KH.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Splat

JoeBlogs wrote:

I was playing the zombie expansion for Far Cry 5, but I gave up after less than an hour. It's utter arse gravy. Wave after wave of mindless zombie killing that gets old really fast. Probably the worst thing I've played on ps4 so far. Terrible.

The whole season pass for FC5 was a joke IMO. I enjoyed the base game but I really regret buying the season pass.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

shonenjump86

Yakuza 6 at the moment. I’ll jump on Kiwami 2 at some point.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

AdamantiumClaws

Good Lord, there is so much stuttering in Kingdom Hearts II for PS4. I don't know how they thought it was acceptable to release this. It's a shame because the game is otherwise very good.

RogerRoger

@AdamantiumClaws What, in terms of framerate? For a remastered PS2 game? That is a disappointing surprise to hear. Was the original stable, do you know?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I seem to have been sucked in by Sky Force Anniversary again. Does anyone else find this game really really addictive?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

Replaying Ratchet and Clank. LOL

I guess I'm going to get all the trophies. I'll probably end up going through the game three times.

Playing hard mode on New Game+ now to level up my weapons.

Edited on by Ralizah

AdamantiumClaws

RogerRoger wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws What, in terms of framerate? For a remastered PS2 game? That is a disappointing surprise to hear. Was the original stable, do you know?

Every so often (and too often to be honest), the game will stutter, or like pause for a few seconds and then catch up. It happens when opening chests, and happens several times per cutscene. It's absolutely ridiculous. As far as I know the original was stable. I don't remember any stutters in cutscenes

Kidfried

@Ralizah I think it took me 2,5 playthroughs indeed. Felt like a blessing that I could enjoy the game a little longer.

Let's pray insomniac makes another one.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Yeah, it'd be a shame if they didn't remake the other PS2 Ratchet and Clank games. Although I guess they're still kind of busy on Spider-Man.

Does the quality of craftsmanship hold up from game to game with Insomniac? Because, if so, I'm absolutely bumping Spider-Man up a few places on my "to buy" list on PS4 (which is becoming increasingly long, seeing as how Sony keeps releasing good exclusives, and I generally tend to actively support only one system at a time).

Th3solution

@Ralizah I take it that Insomniac is one of the most consistent developers out there. They laid a few eggs over the years with Fuse and Song of the Deep, although I didn’t play either, neither lit up the charts or gained critical acclaim. But balanced with the Spyro series, Ratchet & Clank series, and Resistance series and you have probably one of the most consistent level of quality out there. Especially considering the large volume of games that includes (Probably close to 20)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic