Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 5,748

Gremio108

The Shenmue platinum is mine! Easy platinum, I'd say it's only one or two steps up from a Telltale plat. Most of the missable ones are right at the beginning, so if you don't get them you could just start a new file and get them in no time.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

I feared I was going to fail on my personal goal of 'one month, one platinum' already on the first month of the year, but I actually got the platinum for Ni No Kuni 2. Those are quite a few hours I will never get back. I enjoyed most of it truly, but some other stuff was clearly rushed or way too grindy.

I'm pretty proud though. I am like that.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Congratulations!

Since you were successful, Lara forgives you for standing her up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Splat

Platinum #56 Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

I grabbed this cheap from a PSN Flash Sale. I didn't know what to expect since I had mixed feelings for Life is Strange but I loved Before the Storm from start to finish.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Th3solution

@Splat Yeah, I almost think I liked Before the Storm better than the first Life is Strange, which I wasn’t expecting. I did miss Ashley Burch though. Rihanna Devries grew on me after a while, but Ashley is just fantastic. If they change her from being Aloy too in the HZD sequel then I’ll start a riot.
As far as LiS, I’m curious to play LiS 2 when it’s completed. I played the Captain Spirit free demo chapter and found it underwhelming though. It didn’t have the same panache without Chloe, Max, or Rachel. We’ll see. If it’s still a pretty easy platinum I’m sure I’ll still play it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah I didn't totally gel with the Captain Spirit demo thing. The kid got on my nerves. I generally find that with kids in video games and was quite apprehensive about God Of War. But Atreus was done really well and couldn't imagine the game without him.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder One of these days I need to play God of War. 😔

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution The Witcher 3 first. Boy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Lol. Oh yeah. The Witcher 3 is supposed to be pretty good also. 😉

RogerRoger

Having finished Dragon Age: Origins yesterday, I've decided to return to Hitman: Absolution HD Enhanced and push for the platinum. It'll mean completing the game on a Professional difficulty level, something I did before on PS3 but really struggled with; this time, I'm more educated in the rules of Hitman, and got through the first couple levels earlier with some new tactics that worked really well.

With the online trophies now absent from the list, too, I'm hoping this'll become my 32nd platinum within the next couple weeks. Dragon Age bumped me up to Level 25 on my PSN profile; gotta be careful, people might start thinking I'm actually good at games!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kidfried You were on fire yesterday!

Making It So Since 1987

Shellcore

@johncalmc I got this a couple of weeks back and went straight into the second game. Wondering if I should have had a break first. Are you doing the trilogy back to back, or spacing it out between other games? Currently feeling a little burnt out (especially on the flying levels).

PSN: Aleks-UK

johncalmc

@Thrillho No frills here, sunshine.

@Shellcore I decided to play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 before moving on to Spyro 2 - I'm basically working my way through all of the games I got for Christmas, you see - and I'm probably going to get the platinum in that even though it's one of those mad ones where you have to play it on all three difficulty levels because some genius didn't think finishing it on the hardest should automatically unlock the lower difficulty trophies. As if.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Th3solution

@johncalmc You truly are a platinum machine, sir. You have my utmost respect and admiration.
What’s your current platinum count and level? Which platinum are you most of?
(Apologies if you answered this question recently as I know there was a discussion a while back about it)

RogerRoger

@johncalmc Congratulations on the Spyro platinum; welcome to the club!

@Shellcore Don't worry, I felt the same; ended up kinda hating Spyro 2 because I played it pretty much straight away after getting the platinum in the first game, and had to take a break over the Christmas period before finishing it. Ironically, however, I also didn't like how much new, random nonsense it threw at you all of a sudden; I might've actually liked it better if it were simply more of the same.

I much preferred Spyro 3 because I played something else for a couple weeks first. Same thing happened to me with Crash and the N'Sane Trilogy the year before.

Making It So Since 1987

Shellcore

@RogerRoger I think I may be following the same line of thought as you at this point. The abilities that block off elements of certain stages, the increase in minigames and the introduction of too many "characters" I find a little off-putting. About 60% through the second game now. Still hope to platinum all three, but no way am I going for all the skill points. Those time limits on the flying levels are brutal. I will be playing Anthem from next Friday, so will be happy for the break...presuming the dreaded servers/loading work properly.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic