Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 5,748

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder same here and that's why I only have five platinum with 2 of them being telltale (automatic on completion platinum). Those would be Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man. I'm currently going through Hollow Knight and I'd like to have that platinum, but if it gets tedious at some point I'm gonna stop playing. Life's too short to chase meaningless platinums just for the sake of it. I've recently tried and gave up on Uncharted 4 platinum. It just wasn't fun playing through the game again just for those trophies.

NecuVise

Thrillho

@NecuVise You must be a masochist to get the Bloodborne platinum though; don't you have to complete the game three times to get it?

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho There are three different endings with a trophy for each, but my understanding is that you can upload your save from a certain point to cut out a lot of the slog.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@Thrillho I haven't beaten it three times as the only difference is how you end it, so you can save swap. But even without that, the core gameplay is so satisfying that it's fun to play several times and obviously each subsequent playthrough is easier than the previous one due to several reasons. Unfortunately I don't own bloodborne anymore but if I did, I'd be playing it right now again because it's fun.

NecuVise

johncalmc

The Bloodborne platinum is actually pretty fun once you've gotten used to the game. I never bothered with the Dark Souls ones because there were too many items you needed to collect on the second playthrough and I ain't got time for that. With a bit of save file jiggerypokery you can pick up the ending trophies in Bloodborne without a second playthrough, and everything else is pretty cool because a lot of the trophies are just for kicking bosses heads in which is ace. The chalice dungeon bit sucks though.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc The game lost me at the chalice dungeons for the plat - that was the only ones remaining for me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

johncalmc

@Rudy_Manchego I have to say I actually stopped playing it for like two months and then went back to it for the platinum because the chalice dungeons were so annoying for me. I just didn't enjoy them at all.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Kidfried

The chalice dungeons were actually one of my favorite things about the game. Loved doing them!

Kidfried

NecuVise

Chalice dungeons are fun except for defiled ones as those beat the whole purpose of an rpg game!

NecuVise

johncalmc

Oh man I proper hated them. It felt like such a slog. And all for one measly trophy.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

I didn't mind the chalice dungeons, I can see why people are not so keen as they can get a bit samey. But there is no way I think they are better than anything in the main game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Rounding out Shadow of the Tomb Raider (finally), and although I won’t be going for the platinum since I’m not keen on trying for completing the game on the hardest difficulty, I expect by the end (just have the final story mission and one simple side quest to complete, I think) I’ll have something in the neighborhood of 80% completion of the trophy list. I have really enjoyed the way this game handles the trophies, as they pop frequently and are not terribly complex and most have come rather naturally through playing and enjoying the game slowly. Lots of bronzes. I am pretty close to the ‘100% completion’ gold (the only gold in the game I think) but I also won’t likely spend the extra 3-4 hour roaming around to find the last couple relics or treasures, despite the fun I’m having just wandering around, climbing, and exploring. I eventually need to move on to the next game in the backlog.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

I must admit, Bloodborne nearly lost me at the chalice dungeon stage. It was only a matter of principle that I pushed on through for the platinum. I refused to leave it with Amygdala. Once I got past that boss it got easier.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Glad you like the list; I found it to be quite pleasant, too. I was never able to get many of the separate trophy lists for Rise anywhere above 60% so I was surprised and impressed with how do-able Shadow's trophies are. My best friend did a Deadly Obsession run (I haven't been brave enough yet, and I don't wanna overplay the game so that I never want to again) and said it was perfectly achievable, with no real problems or frustrations. At some point around the middle of next year, probably, I'll wrap everything up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

So I decided to take a break from Red Dead 2 for a little while to cleanse the palate so to speak with something simple and light, so I chose Burly Men at Sea. Yeah, it’s pretty much the complete opposite of RDR2 — short (I spent about 2-3 hours to get all the endings), simple controls, trophies pop like wildfire, and the most basic graphics I’ve seen this gen. I actually played it on Vita and it was fine there because there is not combat, and just the simple story (if you can even call it a story, it’s barely that) with limited input and a few decisions that change the outcome. And I basically got the platinum in one sitting (I took a break to eat once). I can’t say I really enjoyed it all that much after the first couple play throughs, but the lure of the platinum kept me going. I feel dirty. ...Welp, I got a shiny platinum, a bunch of golds and silvers, and a few bronzes out of it. Don’t judge.
Now I can go back to Red Dead where I’ll play for 10 hours and maybe get one bronze if I’m lucky.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Jurassic World Evolution and Yoku's Island Express.

The trophies in Hitman 2 appear to be borked so I might be moving on to another game sadly.

johncalmc

Twitter:

NecuVise

@johncalmc do you play games for trophies or for enjoyment? I don't understand why would you move on because trophies are buggy while the game is good?

NecuVise

johncalmc

@NecuVise I play them for fun, but there are some tasks I'll do over and above just playing for fun to totally finish a game off trophy wise. Like, nobody on this Earth can honestly say that maxing out the entire sphere grid in Final Fantasy X is fun, but if it's the final thing to do to get the platinum and 100% the game you might well do it. With Hitman 2 I'd beaten every location multiple times and had a blast, but then since I was so close to getting all of the trophies in some of the locations I started doing some extra stuff - still fun, actually - but I probably wouldn't have if there wasn't trophies attached to it.

I guess it's an in for a penny in for a pound thing. Like I wouldn't play a rubbish game I didn't enjoy just for trophies, but if I'm in there and I've done most of it naturally, I'll hang around and do some other stuff to pick up the rest of the trophies.

johncalmc

Twitter:

NecuVise

@johncalmc oh, that's a totally different thing and it didn't sound like that in the previous post. Could you share you thoughts on Hitman 2 in its official thread?

NecuVise

johncalmc

@NecuVise Well, I reviewed it on this very site, but if there's anything else you want to know about it feel free to ask.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic