Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 5,748

RogerRoger

@johncalmc Glad it's not just my Hitman 2 trophy list that's glitchy, then. I reached Level 20 Mastery on Sapienza last night and yet didn't unlock the associated trophy. People are reporting that it might be because of the bonus missions (I did progress the final four levels of Mastery by completing The Icon and Landslide rather than the main mission, World of Tomorrow) and that replaying the main mission three or four times will fix it, and I probably will because... well, because it's Sapienza and I've barely scratched the surface, but it was a bit of a downer.

Congratulations on your two shiny new platinums!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NecuVise

@johncalmc I wasn't aware of that, shame on me! Is it accessible to newcomers? Should newcomers start with 2 or play the previous one first?

NecuVise

johncalmc

@NecuVise I would personally play the first one first a) because the story of the second one starts directly after the end of that game, and b) it's great so you might as well.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

Just wanted to note how nice the trophy list for Spyro is, at least the first game. A great mix of "unlock naturally as you play", "unlock if you play really well" and "come back later to do this specific, fun and random thing" and all well-matched to the overall challenge level of the game itself.

Platinum #29 in the bag. Now I need to find another, quickly. Hate being on an odd number.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Burly Men at Sea is supposed to be quite easy and its free on ps+ until Tuesday.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Good idea, thanks! I added it to my Library at the beginning of the month, so maybe that's my Monday sorted. Would also mean that, if I manage to platinum the other two Spyro games, I'd still be on an even number. My OCD says you're a hero!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Do people have a platinum they’re most proud of?

Mine would probably be CoD:WaW back on the PS3. I was a student at the time so couldn’t afford many games so used it as a chance to get the most out of the game. Certain trophies were highly specific and skilled, like taking out the sniper target with your pistol instead, but completing the game on top difficulty was a huge challenge but a really rewarding one.

On the flip side, I’ve always hated the Naughty Dog games for trophies as they’re so collectible heavy and often have a really reliance on “kill x number of enemies with this one weapon” which is normally a slog.

Thrillho

NecuVise

@Thrillho bloodborne Plat trophy and hzd ng+ on ultra difficulty are my showcases, but I have only 5 platinum (Spiderman and 2 telltale games).

NecuVise

Thrillho

@NecuVise Nice. I think I did alright with Bloodborne but it’s the multiple endings that got me and I’m not dedicated enough to faff with cloud saves to do it that way. But I might not have got all the chalice dungeon ones either.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Thrillho I was always proud of my Fallout 3 platinum, it being the first one I got. And the Soulsborne ones too, obviously.

I finally got the platinum for Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime the other day, I'm very pleased with that one because it's one of my favourite games of recent years.

I remember that World at War trophy list by the way. Me and my friend got most of them, but we were playing on his PS3 at the time so they went to him, unfortunately!

@RogerRoger Burly Men At Sea was my thirtieth platinum too!

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

Gremio108 wrote:

@RogerRoger Burly Men At Sea was my thirtieth platinum too!

Oh, then I've gotta get it now!

Making It So Since 1987

JJ-firl

@Thrillho Definitely the Downwell platinum for me. That feeling when I finally beat the boss on hard mode...

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

RogerRoger

Got the platinum for Burly Men at Sea last night, so that's thirty ultimate shiny thingies attached to my PSN account now. With any luck, the other two Spyro games will be just as enjoyable to ace, as nothing else I'm playing at the moment has a platinum, or won't have a complete trophy list for a while.

Do the two Shenmue remasters have them?

@Thrillho Sorry, I missed your question the other day; I agree with you about the Naughty Dog platinum trophies, those weapon kill requirements are definitely a slog. I've only ever platinumed two Uncharted games as a result; Drake's Fortune on PS3 (because it was my first Uncharted game and therefore didn't feel quite so boring yet) and Golden Abyss on PS Vita (because the novelty of playing Uncharted on a handheld helped get me through).

Platinum I'm most proud of? Hmm. I don't really feel like I can feel proud of any of mine, as they're all relatively easy or simple. I guess maybe Batman: Arkham Knight (which I got before the Community Challenge DLC ruined everything with insanely-difficult, near-unobtainable trophies). Also, some of the time trials and hidden treasures for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend on PS3 were pretty tough, making that a memorable platinum. Sometimes I'll use guides to find the last couple hidden trinkets, but I didn't for that game, so it felt more like I'd earned it properly.

Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

@Thrillho The Witness is the one I'm most proud of because it's really hard.

For those who haven't played The Witness, first of all it's awesome and you should, and second of all it's got a ludicrous hidden puzzle that you need to complete for the Platinum. Most of the game isn't too bad and I found the puzzles to be really satisfying to solve - although I really struggled with the audio ones and had to look a couple up online. For shame.

Anyway, the final hidden challenge is totally ridiculous. It's something like 15 puzzles back to back that you need to solve, but some of them are actually unsolvable and it doesn't tell you which. You need to work out that the unsolvable ones are unsolvable and then reset them and crack on. Also once you fail all of the puzzles reset and they're different the next time so you can't just memorise them. Or something. It's been a while. Anyway, you've got to solve these 15 tough puzzles while In The Hall Of The Mountain King plays in the background and you've got like six minutes to do it all. There's mazes involved to run around - which I hate anyway - and some of the puzzles involve rotating things - all sorts of stuff is going down, all while classical music is blaring in the background.

I spent like three good days on that puzzle. Doing it over and over. I failed and failed and failed. There were a few times I nearly sent my pad flying. My fiance was laughing at me and couldn't believe I kept going. But in the end I did it and danced around the room like a hero. There were platinum trophies that took longer to get or whatever, but none felt like quite as much of an accomplishment.

A month or so later, I got a message off a random dude on PSN offering me $5 to log into his account and do the puzzle for him. Given how long it took me to best, that's probably an hourly rate of like $0.22 per hour. I declined his offer.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Thrillho

@JJ-firl I've not even heard of that game but looking at the trophy list alone, that seems like a good effort to hit platinum.

@johncalmc That last puzzle is supposed to be completely random isn't it so, unlike the rest of the puzzles in the game, you can't google the answer. Another doff of the hat to that platinum.

@Gremio108 The Bethesda games are some of the few that I've platinumed consistently; FO3, FO4, Skyrim (damn you New Vegas and your survival mode which I did almost complete on a second game but moved onto something else)

@RogerRoger I wouldn't say I chase platinums but was slightly surprised to see I have 17 of them now.

For anyone who is interested, my list is;

PS3
CoD WaW (my first!)
Fallout 3
God of War
God of War 2
Mass Effect 2
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
The Walking Dead
The Wolf Among Us

PS4
Far Cry4
Fallout 4
Tales From the Borderlands
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Game of Thrones
God of War (2018)
Nier Automata (cheap platinum as I bought the last few)

A lot of Telltale padding in there And damn you God of War 3 for ruining my clean sweep for the series!

Thrillho

johncalmc

@Thrillho Yeah it's random. There's like 15 of them and they totally change each time. The layout of the room and everything remains the same but each individual puzzle - and the maze bit - is randomised whenever it resets. Honestly it's really rough.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Thrillho The only platinum you and I share is Tales from the Borderlands, and I got it on PS3, not PS4. I might join you with Horizon someday, if I can find the time (and actually learn to master those accursed Hunting Grounds second time around).

I still remember my first platinum, though... LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars. Four of mine are LEGO, which are kinda like Telltale padding, I guess, only with a little more patience.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@Thrillho If we're listing plats, here's mine:

PS3
Fallout 3
Split/Second
Fallout New Vegas
Skyrim
GTA V
Sleeping Dogs
Hitman Absolution

PS4
Game of Thrones
Fallout 4
The Walking Dead Series 1
Dark Souls III
Parappa The Rapper
Bloodborne
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
Tales From The Borderlands
Little Big Planet 3
Ratchet and Clank
Life Is Strange
The Order: 1886
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
GTA V (again)
Minecraft Story Mode
Rime
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Dirt 4
Batman Series 1
Dark Souls Remastered
Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime
Burly Men At Sea

No idea why I decided to platinum GTA V twice, it's far from being my favourite GTA. But my favourite part of the GTA games has always been driving around finding the collectibles, so once I'd done that I was almost there.

The soulsbornes and the Bethesdas were my favourites, but Sleeping Dogs, Ratchet and Clank and Split/Second were all surprisingly good fun.

Honourable mentions to Assassin's Creed 2 (92%), Vanquish (90-something%) and Rayman Origins (90-something%, I quickly gave up on that online trophy)

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Gremio108 Rockstar games for me are almost as horrible to get trophies in as Naughty Dog games because of all th collectibles etc plus the introduction of gold medals now. Fair play for doing that twice!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic