Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 5,748

Th3solution

@Tasuki Yeah, actually quite a few don’t have platinums. It really doesn’t make sense which games do and don’t have them. Of course game length appears to have something to do with it, but I don’t know if Sony has any quality control over which developers put platinums in their games. For example I’ve “100%”ed several games this year that didn’t have platinums — What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, and Inside. Yet, for some reason My Name is Mayo and garbage like that get platinums. It’s strange.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

Sony really messed up the trophy stuff. They should have just made a rule about it, like 'every game above $10 has a platinum'. But it appears it's pretty much a wild west out there.

From listening to Kinda Funny it seems that you have to ask Sony for permission to get a platinum trophy, and whether or not you get one in your game depends more on how headstrong you are than the content of your game at all.

Hopefully Sony is rethinking trophies for when PS5 launches.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Not all dlc have trophies either. None of the Souls games dlc do. Bloodborne did cos it was published by Sony.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I remember reading a few pieces saying that some trash indie games actually put in platinums and make them easily achievable in order to make more sales.

Then again, it seems a bit strange to me that some games like most of the Telltale games (RIP) give out a platinum for essentially just completing the game.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, I quite like the Telltale platinums — they are easy, and you get it if you simply complete all the episodes, but that is at least a 12ish hour investment, unlike My Name is Mayo or Mr Massagy or some of the aforementioned indies that just exist simply for the platinum and have virtually no redeeming value otherwise. Telltale’s Back to the Future’s platinum actually took quite a bit of effort and was very missable. And strangely, the Walking Dead season 2 didn’t have a platinum, despite the length and content being on par with all the other Telltale games.
But I agree, there probably needs to be some better standardization of the trophies by Sony going forward. It seems pretty inconsistent. But I still enjoy a good trophy hunt and some of my bronze trophies were a bigger slog than some of my gold or platinums, but doesn’t make it that much less enjoyable to hear that “pling!” when you achieve it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

Got the Dark Souls Remastered platinum today, which I'm happy about. The only Soulsborne plat I need now is Demon's Souls - I wish I hadn't sold my copy.

Come on Bluepoint, make it happen.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ApostateMage

I've finally gotten that plat for Skyrim. I could never get it on the PS3 because the game became so unplayable.

ApostateMage

WiiWareWave

@KidFried Tetra's Escape (PS4) & (Vita). It's actually quite challenging if you like to earn your trophies legitimately instead of relying on a trophy guide. If you use a video guide the platinum would be a cinch.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

@Th3solution Personally, I don't think Telltale games deserves to have a Platinum trophy. Like some of those cheap Indie games you've mentioned, to an extend Telltale games too just exist simply for the Platinum. Heck, Telltale games has more Silver and Gold trophies than most other difficult games.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Jaz007

Does anyone fee like trophies came more plentifully and easily last gen then this one? You don’t have story progressions trophies so much anymore. I thought about when @tasuki said he just reached 700, and I remembered he didn’t have PS3. I kind of miss it a bit.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 I don't think they're more difficult, but trophy lists have been structured different rather. Going for all the trophies within a game hasn't become more difficult, I'd say.

Also, personally I wish there were even less trophies for story progression. Just one for completing the game.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Jaz007 I don’t know. Hard to say. I think there’s a lot more variability with trophy lists this gen, in my experience. I agree that it seemed as you hum along in a game last gen you’d get the periodic story trophy pop every 30 minutes but then there seemed to be more really difficult ones that were out of the way as well as those that required online play, even in primarily single player games. There seemed to be a lot more speedrun trophies and “kill 100 enemies with such-and-such weapon while standing on your head and drinking Mountain Dew” types of ridiculously hard trophies last gen. This gen there are some games I play for hours and advance the story and nary a trophy is earned, like you said, but then the overall list might be easier if you just go out of your way a little bit. I only got a couple platinums on PS3 whereas I have already 5 this year alone on PS4, and counting. But I think I’ve been more focused on trophies this gen vs last gen. So overall I agree there were less unmissable story related trophies last gen, but completion of the whole trophy list is maybe overall slightly easier this gen. Maybe. 🤔

Edited on by Th3solution

Kidfried

There are at least less really grindy trophies, or stuff like solpeedrun trophies. I'm 100%ing a lot more than last gen.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic