Forums

Topic: The Last of Us II December 31, 2018

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Banjo-

Amazon has listed the game for the last day of the present year, I don't know if it's just a provisional date but it's available for pre-order.

Banjo-

Splat

I'm pretty sure that is just a placeholder date. I highly doubt it comes out this year.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Th3solution

Sounds suspicious. Surely there’s no way. RIP to Days Gone if so.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

Yeah that's a place holder date Amazon does that all the time. I highly doubt Amazon would have found out the release date before @get2sammyb does

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

Many retailers use the last day of the year as a placeholder. I’m not sure what day of the week it is, but odds are no games release that day.

Jaz007

Octane

It's not coming out this year. It's not even guaranteed to come out next year either, maybe it's a 2020 game, we don't know.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

I wouldn't pay any attention to stuff like this. I think Amazon France had Bloodborne coming to pc a couple of years back and the Uncharted trilogy coming to Xbox one, or something like that. 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Banjo-

@JohnnyShoulder Really? Well, the weird thing about this is that December 2018 is round the corner, they are going to have some pre-orders even if it's not true. I mean, it is saying that the game releases in two months and you can pre-order now:

"Este producto saldrá a la venta el 31 de diciembre de 2018" = This item will launch December 31, 2018.

@Tasuki "I highly doubt Amazon would have found out the release date before get2sammyb does".

Don't websites get the leaked release dates from online retailers? I see this happen all the time in here. In this case it seems just like a placeholder though, even if the date is imminent.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tasuki

@BlueOcean That's the point they will get preorders. I guess for it to be a preorder they have to put a date in for their system or something.

My Backlog

Banjo-

@Tasuki I think that it's unfair to use a 2018 date though. People that don't spend much time learning about development progress are going to pre-order now if they read "This game will launch in December the 31st, 2018". We are not talking about an obscure website but a website from the most popular online retailer in the world. Many unhappy customers in January when the game is delayed until 2022...

Banjo-

Tasuki

@BlueOcean I don't think it will be a problem honestly. They have been doing that for years. Heck there has even been some articles here about games saying that December 31st as a release date according to Amazon. IIRC before a date was Announced for Spiderman they had a December 31st date as a placeholder.

My Backlog

Octane

@BlueOcean When it's December 31, it's always a placeholder date, nobody is stupid enough to launch a game on that date, let alone a big AAA game; right after the holiday period too.

Octane

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.