Forums

Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 431

NecuVise

This game can sometimes be really frustrating. Right now I went with Micah if I'm not mistaken to hunt some animals and we did that, I went my own way, and while I was in the middle of somewhere I got a message on my phone. Okay let me check my message, reply, and all of a sudden someone attacked me and killed me in the game and.. And the game tells me that I abandoned my legendary animal! I'm so mad at this game sometimes, I swear from time to time it comes to me that I should just sell it and sometimes I'm enjoying it so much.

I don't remember when was the last time I had such love hate relationship with a game as I have with this one. I feel like I'm in a toxic relationship and I just can't escape it anyway, I'm sorry for my little rant but I had to articulate this. Hope others don't mind me.

NecuVise

andreoni79

@Thrillho Thanks. My only problem seems to be a lack of 3 stars rabbits. Small game arrows don't work for me (even if I hit them, they run away) while those killed by varmint rifle magically go from 3 stars to 2 stars when I skin them...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Thrillho

@Th3solution I remember it seeming to say he does move around but so far he's stayed there for me. However.. he has a permanent base in Saint Denis

@andreoni79 Weird. Rifle shots have been one hit kills for me without having to worry about headshots. Normally the drop in rating is from a non-clean kill.

Thrillho

NecuVise

One more immersion breaking thing just happened - I returned back to the camp and Mrs Grimshaw complained that I should give some money to the camp because they need to buy food. It would be all cool if food icon wasn't white and if I hadn't given some 300-400 usd before that while others collectively gave, to this day, some 50 usd. I guess I should stop playing it for a while, maybe it would get better.

NecuVise

Gremio108

@Th3solution That happened to me with the Trapper. His icon disappeared, but I did eventually find him in the same spot, it just took me a while. It's just east of Riggs Station. I think it's permanent, no idea why the icon disappears though.

@Thrillhou You seem to be a bit of an expert in pelt matters, so here's a question - if I've killed a legendary animal, can I go and kill it again? Or is it a one-time thing? I killed the legendary ram right at the start of the game (it was something like the second animal I killed, completely by accident) and I didn't fully understand the concept of the Trapper at the time, so I gave it to Pearson. He won't give it back, the ingrate.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

@NecuVise They're an ungrateful lot. They don't deserve the supplies, is what I say. I'm keeping it all for myself. Let them starve.

Kidfried

roe

@Gremio108 you can only kill each legendary animal once, but regardless of what you do with the pelt it will end up with the trapper and he can then craft you stuff from it.

roe

Gremio108

@roe Excellent news, thanks. Seems I might have loaded up a previous save after I killed it, because I had a quick check before and it says in the progress section that I haven't even killed the legendary ram yet. Starting to think I'm making the whole thing up to be honest

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Red Dead Redemption hallucinations. That’s what you’re having.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ2

So Ive had this elite white Arabian horse for a good while and wanting to find a new horse because it s good for racing and all but a bit small. Finaly found a couple of lovely Appaloosa in the wild and the brown one with a white blanket is my main horse now. Stats are average but these big horses are lovely.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

ApostateMage

@JJ2 I've still got the white Arabian. I named her Cassiopeia after my fave constellation (which you can actually see in the game!)
You're barmy if you want to get rid of her. She's a beauty.

ApostateMage

Thrillho

@Gremio108 ha, the ram is a devious devil.

But yeah, I think that if you've skinned it then the pelt ends up with the trapper. Some people on another forum I use seem to have had occasional bugs where it doesn't show up after they've handed it over though. I'd be gutted if that happened to me.

And they are indeed one time kills. The map is even updated with a cross through the animal once you've done it.

Thrillho

JJ2

@ApostateMage
Oh not getting rid of her. She's part of my stable but not my main horse anymore.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Kidfried

@ApostateMage I've already made quite a few screenshots of different constellations and nebula's in this game. Amazing stuff.

Kidfried

Gremio108

My wife has started her own file now, so there's a bit of a power struggle going on in our house. She has already hunted down the legendary bear as well as several other legendary animals. I'm feeling quite inadequate - it's clear who's going to be the breadwinner when we're living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

@Thrillho Well I've not got the ram or the cross through it marked on the map, so that clears that one up. Which means I killed the legendary ram but then loaded up a previous save. Idiot

Thrillho

@Gremio108 I left the bear well alone when I first met it. Speaking of which, one of the trophies for the game is to survive 18 bear attacks but kill the bear. Sounds terrifying! I saw a vid of a bear attack in first person mode and it is as horrendous as I'd expect.

The ram sounds a lot tamer in comparison

Thrillho

ApostateMage

I think the bears are easy, it's those blasted cougars that are the real danger. Sneaky kitties.

@Kidfried Yeah, the attention to detail is fantastic.

@JJ2 Good job, pardner.

ApostateMage

andreoni79

Thanks to the miniguide I realized I've already seen many dinosaurs bones but I never analized them because I was sure they were just cow bones...

andreoni79

I have a $ 300 bounty on my head in the whole Big Valley but I still was able to do the bounty hunt mission in Strawberry. Is it normal? I mean, bounty hunters run after me in all the Big Valley, but the Strawberry sheriff and his lawmen talk to me as I'm a polite gentleman... May be related to early chapter 3 event that let you become a deputy?

Edited on by andreoni79

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.