Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,111

mookysam

@Ralizah: You'll definitely appreciate it more having played others first but I don't think it matters hugely.

Like @SteveButler2210 said VIII is a brilliant game but it is very very long. If you still have a PS2 that is the best way to play it currently. The DS remakes of IV, V and VI are very good and are now available on Google Play and iOS. Of those my favourite is V, probably one of the best RPGs I've played. One thing I will say about the Dragon Quest games is that they are resolute in how traditional they are, unlike Final Fantasy which usually makes big changes between instalments.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to a con soon, so I'll probably be able to find DQVIII there.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

Tasuki wrote:

@Ralizah: What con are you going to if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all. I'm attending GMX (Geek Media Expo) in Nashville. I also attend MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention) and, some years, Gencon.

Although, honestly, nothing measures up to Nan Desu Kan, which I attended almost religiously when I lived in Colorado.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

Ralizah wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ralizah: What con are you going to if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all. I'm attending GMX (Geek Media Expo) in Nashville. I also attend MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention) and, some years, Gencon.

Although, honestly, nothing measures up to Nan Desu Kan, which I attended almost religiously when I lived in Colorado.

Nice, I hope you have fun. I wish we got as many cons on the West Coast as you all on the East.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

nuovian

Hi guys! I've recently ordered a PS4 bundle as a Christmas present for myself, annoyingly with the Uncharted collection (darn you early December beta!) and was wondering what games (preferably going cheap nowadays) you'd recommend. The bundle has LBP3, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Watch_Dogs.

nuovian

SteveButler2210

@the-madprofessor: If you get in there before the sale finishes tomorrow, you can get Metro Redux on the PSN for £8 something. I'm still on the first game but really enjoying it so far (and for that price you can't go wrong). Also goes without saying that if you never played it on PS3, get The Last of Us Remastered as soon as you possibly can!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

nuovian

SteveButler2210 wrote:

@the-madprofessor: If you get in there before the sale finishes tomorrow, you can get Metro Redux on the PSN for £8 something. I'm still on the first game but really enjoying it so far (and for that price you can't go wrong). Also goes without saying that if you never played it on PS3, get The Last of Us Remastered as soon as you possibly can!

Had The Last of Us on PS3 - absolutely loved it, but still need to play Left Behind.
I got Metro 2033 for free on PC from GOG and I did like what I played of it, so I might pick that up. Thanks!

nuovian

DestinationPs

@the-madprofessor:
If you are the least into arcade shooters, buy Resogun. It's short but has fantastic gameplay, is challanging and very addictive! Also check out Rocket league!

DestinationPs

Tasuki

@the-madprofessor: Check out PSN as they have alot of fun indie games that don't run too much. Also if your are into fighting games Ultra Street Fighter IV is only 25 dollars I believe. Another get game that you can find for about 20 dollars is InFamous Second Son one of the PS4'S best looking games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

Divinity Original Sin! Just cleared it tonight, took me over 120 hours and the last 10 were a bit of a drag but what a game! Wont be diving back into it in a hurry. Exhausting!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy and a couple of others on here would say so @TripleGK:

There is a demo by the way, but you may find it doesn't do the game justice. Could be worth buying it so you have more reason to invest time into it.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@TripleGK: Buy it. Disgaea 5 will last you all gen. I've stopped at world 4 for a bit - but will dive back in next year. But with Disgaea that's fine in my opinion. As you like anime you will be fine with the aesthetics - just be aware its still Disgaea so the graphics are pixelated at times and a bit old school for some tastes. That said the gameplay is great and perfect for some tactical chess like downtime. Depending on the price and also dependant if you have played it before - Disgaea 4 may be more suitable as it was only £10 in a sale recently. But as the only real option other than xcom to come to consoles in recent times if you can find it for a fair price order it!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

If you want a decent warriors game - One Piece Pirates Warriors 3 is pretty good.

It has more in common with a regular Dynasty Warriors game than a lot of the spin offs (gundam / fist etc) due to the gameplay tenants being ported almost identically - although the levelling and skills are upgraded a tad differently. The stages are a bit basic but there's none of the weird blurring going on that inhabited the extreme legends game I played early this year. Luffy is a great character and I can understand the allure of the anime franchise now - because I too want to become the greatest pirate in the world.

Edited on by themcnoisy

themcnoisy

@TripleGK: Definitely a tine sink. I've put loads of time into really stupid things - item world in a bog standard gun for about 6 hours, replaying the first chapter 3/4 times to get better at the attacks, trying to keep my lower levelled characters up in exp. All a waste of time when other things open up later on, its on my radar to play alongside Driveclub and Witcher 3 in January.

DestinationPs

I need a good fps. Any recommendations from the ps store sale? Thanks in advance!

DestinationPs

DestinationPs

@kyleforrester87: Ok, thanks! I've been interested in Wolfenstein the New order for a while, maybe it's time to buy it now. Have you played battlefield 4? Have been on the fence many times with that one.

DestinationPs

kyleforrester87

@DestinationPs: at that price, new order is highly recommended. It's up there with Half-Life for me. But maybe the story won't resonate with everyone so well.

I didn't care for Battlefield, the story was very average and the multiplayer is more at home on PC as far as I'm concerned. But loads of people play it, and the network issues that surrounded it at launch are all sorted as far as I'm aware, so maybe it's up your street. Not really played any CoD but I reckon I'd take that over Battlefield if I had to choose personally. Of course, the best tactical online shooter will always be CounterStrike on PC

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

DestinationPs

@kyleforrester87: Sounds great, you have convinced me about Wolfenstein. Halflife is the best fps I have ever played and I don't think the story is that important in fps games, gameplay is what really matters imo.

DestinationPs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic