Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,111

TOUGHDUDE94

Is the PS camera worth it for tearaway unfolded.Also is the ps4 going to last.Is anyone getting the VR headset too or not.

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

themcnoisy

Hey peeps

Writing a quick list for Xmas presents so my wife will give them to her family. I know you normally get what your given bit I'm pretty lucky.
Here's the quick list.

Wolfenstein the new order £15
Call of Duty Ghost £10
One piece pirate warriors 3 £34

Is there anything you would swap in to that?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Wesker

@themcnoisy: The campaign in COD Ghosts is fun! Worth getting in my opinion for that price. The MP is crappy though.

Wesker

themcnoisy

@Wesker: I quite like single player cod, it gets a bashing but loved cod 4 and mw2 + 3.

Wesker

@themcnoisy: I also thought BF4 campaign was fun, but I like that kind of thing. Might be worth getting for 15 quid.

Wesker

Hego

@themcnoisy: Divinity: Original Sin or Wasteland 2? Maybe there not your type of game but I think they look really cool, very deep games Just finished playing through Bastion last night, really good game so you could add that by asking for a PSN money card thing, I forget what there called

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy: I enjoyed both Ghosts and Advanced Warfares campaign - however things like the co-op and MP are reliant on the DLC and obviously the community. Both of these are likely to be replaced by BO3 in Nov so the majority of the community will be moving onto this. Wolfenstein was also fun and at £15 (or less) not bad value for a game I feel has quite limited replayability but can still offer more game time than many other £15 releases.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Wesker

Is LBP 3 worth buying for €20, if I'm basically going to play the story once and a few of the top rated community levels then be done?

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Gamer83

@Wesker:
Did you play Tearaway? If you're just looking for a quick playthrough of a single player I'd say Tearaway absolutely blows LBP 3 away.

Gamer83

Wesker

@Gamer83: I played the demo on Vita, but it didn't hold my attention. It seemed like it was more interested in doing innovative things with the Vita than actually giving you fun platforming levels. Maybe it was just the demo, i don't know, but the gimmicks didn't interest me much.

Wesker

Hego

@Wesker: LBP3 is down to €14 in the October sale if that helps your decision making. Also LBP Vita is on sale for €6 but as far as I know you can't access levels made in the other LBP games (1,2,3) only levels made by Vita owners, whereas with LBP3 I think you can download levels made on the previous two games as well

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

themcnoisy

@andrew20: @Hego: @Wesker: I have lbp on the vita. Weskers right, its innovative uses of the vita are at the detriment to the level design. But its still excellent. A must play, just a pity I deleted my save accidentally thinking it was my sons and have no motivation to play again.

Ralizah

How is Dragon Quest Heroes? Keeping in mind that I'm not really a DQ fan, as I have very little exposure to the series, and have mixed feelings on most hack n slash games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@Ralizah: I have yet to play it (darn backlog) but a friend of mine says it's like Hyrule Warriors but with a Dragon Quest coat of paint. He seems to enjoy it but he liked Hyrule Warriors.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

@Tasuki: Yeah, I was afraid of that. Thanks for confirming. I might jump on it when it drops to $20. At least I can count on that, unlike HW, which will likely never significantly drop in price.

This works out. Once Senran Kagura: Estival Versus drops for PS4, I won't have room in my heart or PS4 for another musou style game for quite a long time.

Edited on by Ralizah

mookysam

@Ralizah: I think it's rather different to Hyrule Warriors. The battle system is largely the same. It's mostly melee fighting but there is a focus on magic. Also, instead of having large battlefields with "keeps" the levels are smaller and you can change who you control on the fly. There's also more tactical elements involved. The story definitely has a larger focus and I would say there's a lot of RPG customisation. If you like Dragon Quest it's well worth playing as it has so many references to older games.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam: Would you say that a lack of familiarity with the series would detract from one's enjoyment of it?

Also, I'm thinking about playing through the DQ series. I've only played the first one. I'll probably get to all of the games eventually, but are there any standouts in the series that I should play first?

SteveButler2210

@Ralizah: The only one I've played was 8 - never finished it but I fully intend to go back to it one day as, on reflection, it was a brilliant RPG!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic