Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 421 to 440 of 640

Th3solution

@themcnoisy True. So how about P5? I’m guessing you went with Makoto. Biker girl is the closest thing to Martial arts enthusiast.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Throb

I managed to get a bit further in to the game! Now i can't remember how all the system stuff works!!! Is there any way to make the maps any clearer or is there a marker to show where objectives are?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Throb

@KratosMD Thanks but the dungeon maps are okay for me, it's the city locations and icons that don't make much sense. There's no legend or descriptions. I've also got to remember what Confidants are, what Mementos i've collected, what Summons i've got etc too

Throb

@KratosMD That's brilliant information, thank you

Throb

Thanks again for the info, i've now got right back in to this game. I've just had a real boring dragging bit though but it seems to have now kicked in to story again. I'm at level 42 with 50 hours now, how far in to the game is that?

Throb

@KratosMD I think it's the end of August mate, still in school break

crimsontadpoles

I'm reached the second palace. This game is excellent so far, and is a lot better than I was expecting. Beating the first palace was very satisfying. The story has been strong up to now, so I'm hoping that continues.

One of my main concerns before starting this game was that I was expecting the characters would be annoyingly smug and overconfident, and be able to waltz their way out of any situation. But it's nice to see this isn't the case, and that the main characters are relatable and each have their own problems to deal with.

Another thing I was worried about was the time and date mechanics, and not being able to do what I want due to the time constraints. But this aspect of the game has grown on me, and I now like how it's implemented. It seems designed so that there's never enough time for everything, and that you need to prioritise your actions, i.e. choosing whether to level up in battle, or visit a confidant, or increase your stats, and so on. That's all part of the gameplay and I don't think the game would be as good without that.

The music has been great so far, and that miniboss battle music is phenomenal.

crimsontadpoles

I'm still really enjoying this game, and I'm almost at the end of the 3rd palace now. One minor thing is that I hope the villains improve a bit. The 2nd and 3rd palace villains are bad, but they just don't fill me up with the same sense of disgust that I got with Kamoshida. Maybe the game just needs to spend a bit more time demonstrating the problems caused by the baddies.

Jaz007

@crimsontadpoles The villains tend to have different crimes, and if you tube about it, they’re often comparable to Kamoshida, but it’s hard to get the same feeling because it felt personal and we saw a girl jump off the roof to kill herself because she was raped. It’s hard to top how personal and despicable that feels.

Jaz007

crimsontadpoles

So I reached the credits of this game. That ending involved deciding whether or not to accept a deal from Igor. As I learnt from the end of the interrogation, there's probably still more game ahead of me if I go back and pick a different option. That interrogation feels so long ago now, where I briefly thought that I was done with this game after almost not realising that you could go back and get a different outcome from a different dialogue choice.

So I think I'm almost done with this game, but I've been saying that since the sixth palace, so perhaps not. It's fun not knowing whether I'm near the end or not. I'm eager to play more and see what will happen next. But that'll have to wait until another day. I'm too tired to play any more, and should go to bed (just wish I had a talking cat that could tell me that )

Th3solution

I’m clocked in at hour 52 now, so I figure I’m halfway through. I gotta say, the game does go on and on, but it feels fresh because of the constant addition of new characters. I got to know Hufimi now and looks like I’m about to get introduced an important computer hacker character soon as I come up on the fourth palace.
I dunno ... maybe the game feels fresh because I took a vacation from it for a year 😅

I’m hoping to finish before P5 Royal comes out. Will I actually play through the game again to see the new content? We’ll see. Depends how much I enjoy the second half.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ryall

@Th3solution If you decide to play the enhanced version. I would leave it at least a year after completing original Persona five. The majority of the game will remain the same so it would be best to let your memory fade a bit before returning.

Ryall

Ralizah

Persona 5 was terrific, but I can't imagine playing it again so soon. The game is a massive time investment, and it'll often be years before I want to replay a good but really long game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

PSVR_lover

I wonder if our save games will cross over? Probably not.....

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Th3solution

@PSVR_lover I was wondering the same thing. Thinking that maybe I need to pepper game saves throughout the playthrough at different times as up to now I’ve been doing the rolling saves thing where I overwrite the oldest save each time I save. But yeah, I really doubt they will transfer over.

Th3solution

@Ryall Oh yeah, I’m surprised that I missed that article. Thanks. I won’t worry about strategically planning my saves.

Jaz007

@Th3solution @PSVR_lover I’m fine with not loading up old save files. It wouldn't work with an extended and adjusted story. New game plus, or part of it, like maxed social stats and such not carrying over is lazy and show a complete lack of respect. P5 is the best game ever made, but if the time spent playing once and getting ready to what I missed the first time isn’t respected I have no reason to play again and see a bunch of incomplete social links and stories. I really hope they make such a simple, expected, needed, and current feature opposed to acting like we’re in the PS2 days.
Oh man, I’m madder than I thought...

Jaz007

Ralizah

This is a Japanese trailer for P5S, but it's worth watching. I'm noticing cutscenes, free roam areas, social events... this straight up looks like a full-blown Persona 5 sequel with dynasty warriors combat in place of dungeons.

EDIT: More details courtesy of Nintendo Everything:

– Action RPG
– Completely new story set after the events of Persona 5
– The game is developed by the Persona Team in collaboration with Omega Force
– Half-a-year after the ending of Persona 5, the Phantom Thieves of Hearts get together for summer vacation, but get wrapped up in a new incident
– Mystery cases are occurring all over Japan
– Palaces, the cognitive worlds of warped adults, have returned?
– Donning their disguises once again, the Phantom Thieves set out to resolve this new incident
– You can directly control all members of the Phantom Thieves other than the navigator
– Switch up characters to fight depending on the situation
– Run through the cities full of Shadows dynamic, Persona-summoning actions
– Early Purchase Bonus DLC: Persona Series Battle BGM Set
– The DLC lets you use battle music from previous Persona series titles as the standard background music for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
– It includes Revelations: Persona (PS1) – “Standard Battle (Refine Version)”, Persona (PSP) – “A Lone Prayer”, Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP) – “Standard Battle Music”, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSP) – “Standard Battle Music”, Persona 3 – “Mass Destruction”, Persona 3 Portable – “Wiping All Out”, Persona 4 – “Reach Out to the Truth”, Persona Golden – “Time to Make History”

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD I'm guessing it'll be 30fps on Switch, and probably slightly sub-native res undocked (600p or so), and land somewhere around 720p when docked.

PS4 will likely be 60fps/1080p.

But yes, I'm also hoping the Switch experience isn't compromised too much.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.