Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 441 to 460 of 640

Ryall

If I’m understanding correctly persona 5R changes and goes beyond the ending of persona five. Persona 5S is the sequel to persona 5R. So I should play persona 5R even if i’ve already completed persona five so that persona 5S will make sense when it comes out.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

Jaz007

@Ryall I’m wondering the same thing lol.

Jaz007

WCB

Got my copy of the P5R Phantom Theives edition early from EB Games here in Australia just now. I guess they don't know when they'll be forced to shut shop so they are selling now instead of the 31st. Of course they didn't let me know even though I rung the store up Monday, I had to find out by another site.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

WanderingBullet

@WCB That's awesome! How's the quality of the mask?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WCB

@WanderingBullet I just had a quick look. It's okay, seems solidly made, definitely not something to wear even though you can.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

WanderingBullet

@WCB Thanks, man. Might consider getting the Phantom Thieves Edition if Amazon restocks and makes international shipping available again.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Jaz007

@KratosMD Bro, I'm so jealous. My copy doesn't release until tomorrow. Part of me hopes this starts scooping up game of the year awards. Screw Last of US 2, P5: the Royal is in town.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@KratosMD Wow, that makes guns finally useful. The only time I ever used them was if an enemy was weak to them, so that makes guns a viable damage source.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jaz007

@KratosMD It changed and I got to pick it up today. The CE is so smooth. The steel case is peak, the mask is awesome, the art book is smooth, the boxes it all comes looks incredible. Oooh.
And I forgot about the bullets. That’s pretty exciting as now they’ll be useful for more than flying enemies. An actual tactic now. I’m so excited to start this up again. Lack of a couple items and maxed social stats aside, it’s like a New Game Plus on steroids with all the new content.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Jaz007 Ahh New Game Plus, I did mean to play that except I forgot to pick up my item from the twins before leaving. The thought of having to do that whole confidant again made me want to cry so I never did go back.

Jaz007

I haven’t even started a new game and it’s already more stylish. Dang, this is gonna be good stuff.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD ¥50,000 and a few healing consumables basically. A bit insulting for having finished P5. Heck, it’s just for having a save file, they did nothing for those who beat the game in full. So yeah, you’re fine.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD I think the closest thing to it being cannon is the fact that it's in Dancing Star Night. The anime changes things from the game so it's about as cannon as the manga, which is to say it's not. The games are only thing to go on for cannon. If it wasn't for the dancing game, I'd argue there is no cannon name. You know what, I'm might even just say that it's more of a placeholder game and there is no cannon name since it doesn't show up in P5 or P5R. If they wanted to make that name in the game they easily could.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@KratosMD Akira’s the cooler name tbh. He just doesn’t look like a Ren.

nessisonett

@KratosMD I’m still calling him Barry Dolphin. That’s forever going to be my canon name.

ShogunRok

@KratosMD Yeah you get a good chunk of free time in the new semester that you can use however you like. That said, there are some events that you can only get in the new semester. So while you do have more time than in the original Persona 5 overall, you've also got more stuff to check out.

But yeah, you ultimately get a lot more free time in Royal if you add everything together. I managed to max out all my social stats and all but two confidants in one playthrough.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

ShogunRok

@KratosMD Yeah that's the best way to play, just go with the flow. There's always new game plus if you want to max absolutely everything.

Honestly I think the best advice about playing Persona 5 is what the loading screen tells you: take your time. It's a looooong game and I think taking it at a leisurely pace and drinking it all in is the most fulfilling way to enjoy it.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Jaz007

I’m about 8 hours Persona 5: R and I’ve been loving it. I love the changes I’ve seen so far and can’t wait for more of the new character. I secured a route for Kamoshida’s palace in go/evening so much easier this time. And did the palace feel more streamlined in a positive way for anyone else? Some of that might be experience now, but I’m glad because of frees up more time. I’m gonna go hard for a max all confidants run.
There is one thing they failed to fix though. If I’m battling some shadows, and I prone 2 shadows with their weakness, and I kill a third with a regular attack, it should give me a hold-up since all remaining shadows were hit in their weak spot.
Overall already loving and having a connection with the characters has also enhanced my experience a bit. It’s a dream to play the game again with all these improvements.
@kratosMD did you see that their are accessories from the DLC that give you a Xp and money gain boost?

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD After testing and research, the XP bonus is only to the person wearing it, and the money bonus doesn’t stack. Kinda bad that it’s only for one person. Equal leveling shouldn’t get messed with or get messed up IMO.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD I’m in the second palace now. I definitely have some min-maxing tendencies, but since I beat the original game I’m using guides for the conversations to help move my social links along. It’s actually relaxing though, because that way I don’t have to worry about it. I also see when I have more than one choice that they’ll like, so that way I can pick what I want more without trying to pick what I think will get me more social points.
I’m also a little different in that I like to do as much dungeons as I can, but I had a much easier time getting through the 1st palace in one simple run this time. I like being able to just do social link after taking care of the palace, I find that time with nothing to worry about relaxing and that it segments the game for me nicely.
If if I new game plus ever though, I’ll probably be super relaxed doing whatever I want.
I’ve playing the game a lot, but it’s been a while since I’ve just wanted to play a game for hours at a time without feeling like it’s a super long time, so that’s been nice. I don’t when I might take a break though, because I know I’m gonna have more playtime than I did on the regular P5 when I finish it.
Oh, and did the challenge battle. It’s neat way to flex your strongest moves and rack up some damage. I’ve gotten to the second award on the 1st challenge.
And can we agree on how nice it is to be able to do stuff in Leblanc instead of being sent to bed every other night?

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.