Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 361 to 380 of 787

Mega-Gazz

Credits rolling now... so they never explained the metal flowers ?

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz So rather than spoil the ending for others or end up covering it all with 'spoiler' blocks, I found http://horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Flowers which goes into the lore of them and may help a bit.

For others that maybe interested and not yet completed the game, this does contain SPOILERS!!!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@SirPhipps MP trophies are not that big of an issue generally for me. I don't necessary go after trophies that I don't enjoy and most MP ones are very straightforward and only rely on you playing it. Its not like you have to get some obscure 'challenge' or win 10 matches in a row (things you might not be able to influence yourself as you are reliant on matchmaking in that situation). Its usually very simple things like reach level 10, reach level 50 etc - things that will happen as you play.

A lot of SP trophies though are 'ridiculous'. Beat the game in under a certain time. I don't speed run any game as I like to enjoy the journey. I would be seriously annoyed if I tried and lost out by minute or 3 (beat the game in under 5hrs and finish it in 5hs 3mins - that's 5hrs and 3mins I wasted!!), Other 'time' based trophies, like complete the training run in a certain time (Titanfall 2 for example - the only trophies I haven't got) annoy me too. Mostly I hate the trophies that make you play the game again - new game + (Batman for example) or beat the game on a 'newly unlocked' difficulty setting. These should either be available from the start or have no trophy attached. I never want to play a game through again - certainly not for a long time afterwards and certainly not if I have achieved all the other trophies - like collectables, mission challenges etc.

Horizons Trophies are entirely possible to collect on your first playthrough - yes 1 or 2 can easily be missed, especially 1 that isn't tracked but its still entirely possible to do everything and get the platinum on beating the game. From my perspective, that's what I prefer from a trophy list.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just finished Horizon & got the platinum in the process.
What a game! I clocked in 66 hours & at no point did i think the game was stretching out content.
Combat is fantastic, the game is stunning and everything has a purpose.
The story really is fantastic. I didn't expect myself to be this invested in the whole world.
PlayStation has a new icon. Her name is: Aloy!

Took 183 screenshots =O

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

roe

I've taken quite a few screenshots as well which is rare for me. Felt I had to dip into photo mode every now and then. After overriding a Snapmaw earlier, I just sat back and watched it fight another with the occasional pause to grab a capture while the sparks were flying.

Still not even 50% completed yet (49.something I think), but have explored a lot of the land so I'm guessing that my final half of the game is gonna go quicker than what I've done so far as it seems that I mainly just have the quests and errands left to run.

roe

Rudy_Manchego

Ok, so I had some holiday time and my wife was ok with me spending the last three days just sat on my arse on a gaming bean bag finishing the game off after a stressful few weeks workwise. So, just finished Horizon and did 100% and got the Platinum so a list of my thoughts about the game.

Firstly, I love story in games and I thought this was one of the best stories that I've seen in an open world game. While not the most 100% original, they way the story and mystery was drip fed through the missions very well, far better than most open world games. The world itself was vast and the lore well thought out - for once, I felt that the NPC's and side quests/errands had a point to them as well. It kept me engaged throughout.

Technically, the game is a marvel. I don't have the best 4k/HDR TV but sat in the prime position and playing it on the Pro was something special. My other half even watched and was commented how lush it looked. I was also impressed at how few glitches there were - a large release that can be played on day one with minimal issues or a huuuge gig heavy patch? When does that happen?

I also liked the Platinum, it didn't feel like a grind, in fact everything collected or visited had an impact on gameplay rather than being needless. It made me explore the world/game more and engage with points, which to my mind is what trophies should be about rather than force players to do pointless exercises for no reason.

Finally, combat - the games strongest part. I took away memories of some epic battles - battling the two corrupted rockbreakers took me nearly 25 minutes in the end and all my resources but I felt like I had really been through the wringer by the end. Truly great.

As for a franchise starter, most definitely. My only concern, without hitting spoiler territory, is how you can entice players into the world again and tell a good mystery as well as keep character development going. If they can nail that, this really could be a big one for Sony. It is a real shame that Zelda released this year, this could really have been on the top of everyone's Game of the Year list as for a first game, this is a huge achievement. Gutted I've finished it!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

Now I'm done with Zelda, I can focus on Horizon again. One of the things I've been thinking about the other day; You know how it's always clear how a game is going to end? In Zelda, I knew I had to face Ganon some day, standard Ganon fight with several stages, regular fight, beast form fight and something horseback, you know, the usual. With this game however, I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the ending. Some kind of SOTC-style giant robot boss fight? I have no idea, and I love that feeling.

Octane

starhops

@Rudy_Manchego I feel very similar about this game. The Witcher 3 story and world was pretty spectacular and the DLCs were even better. The battle system in Horizon was superior over TW3 and I loved Aloy. I had some memorable battles myself and the victories felt very rewarding even Bloodborne worthy of accomplishment.

I'm sure there are creative ways to engage a DLC or two within the story. I truly don't think all the machines are gone, do you?

starhops

PSN: starhops

starhops

@kyleforrester87 I didn't mean it that way, just meaning that the world is large and there are many machines to battle! Not a spoiler, at least I hope not. :/

starhops

starhops

@kyleforrester87 Re-reading my post, I should've phrased it better. I was thinking more on the lines of some hidden cauldrons or buried machines. Sorry for the scare!

starhops

Rudy_Manchego

@starhops I've never played TW3 (I know, I know - I think it was the amount of content that seemed too daunting) but I completely agree that the combat was a really nice balance of being difficult but also giving a tremendous sense of achievement. I also liked the difficulty curve - what seemed difficult early on became easier as I got used to the mechanics but then you got hit with far harder challenges.

On the subject of Aloy - yes, yes and yes. What a fantastic lead. What I loved was that she was guided by her experience and values and they avoided almost all the old cliches - no forced love story or anything like that.

As for DLC, I'd leap at it as I'd love more time in the world. Lots more cauldrons, hunting and machines to discover I think without having to use up 'sequel' material.

@kyleforrester87 I wouldn't worry too much - Aloy wakes up and it was all a dream and SHE is the machine.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 I know - whoever thought she was just an electric breadmaker all this time? That said, she does make exceedingly good cakes.

roe

Ooooh just noticed they've added "3D Audio Support" in the latest patch update. Anyone have the Platinum headset and given it a try?

Also shout out Guerilla Games for how well they're supporting this already well polished game. There have already been 12 small patches that are just fixing tiny bugs and adding a few small features. It kind of feels like this studio is setting an example of exactly how finished games should be, and they're using patches in a positive way to enhance the game, rather than using them almost as a get out clause to fix what should've been sorted before it went gold.

roe

starhops

Rudy_Manchego wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much - Aloy wakes up and it was all a dream and SHE is the machine.

ROFL! That got me laughing.

TW3 is pretty daunting with all it's content. I broke down and just pushed forward through the main story and then went back later to explore and grab the gear set quests. The two DLCs were really brilliant with strong story and great action and epic battles. I recommend playing it if the good new games stop coming out! Yeah, we have it rough. Besides, Gwent is worth it. I can't wait for the new Gwent game.

I really liked Aloy's personality too. I'm glad they stayed away from so many of the tropes. I loved it when the Sun King got all gooshy on her and she called him out. Good stuff!

starhops

Paranoimia

Absolutely love this game. Got the Platinum last night, and loved every minute of the little over 100 hours I've clocked. As for that post-credits ending... wow!

And (hopefully) without seeming too full of my own self-importance, that might be considered as very high praise, as I'm someone who generally can't stand RPG games.

http://paranoimia.uk/gaming

PSN: Paranoimia | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@starhops I know, I should get it - I kinda want to get it just to support CD Projekt Red as they did everything right with that game and I hope Gwent goes well. Also, as a chap who has found a few strands of white in his hair recently , seeing the leading being bad ass and sporting a silver fox look is most welcome. As you said though, there is just so much stuff coming out at the moment!

Great moment with Aloy, I also liked the different cultures and characters in the side quests/errands. Particularly the machine blood drinking loony!

Rudy_Manchego

@roe Exactly that. The game was delayed but you can see where that time went. For me, I would take a delay and get this as the end result then the promise of a patch on launch week.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.