Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 341 to 360 of 787

ztpayne7

Just finished this and it has a real chance to be my favorite game. Easy 10/10 for me and the first platinum I've gotten since Second Son. Amazing gameplay, amazing graphics, amazing story and world they've created. I was not really a fan of the Killzone games so for them to get it this right on their first try is incredible. I cannot wait to see where they will go with it next. Watching the credits as we speak (I'll get the last trophy at the end). Not sure if there is a secret scene. But this game was just perfect. Also, I didn't notice any bugs and I had gotten it on day one. A rarity for these days.

ztpayne7

kyleforrester87

@ztpayne7 yeah it's pretty much everything gamers expect, if you've got a PS4 you owe it to yourself to get this game. A real class act!

I put it down to complete Nier but I'm loading it back up as we speak

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ScreamAimFire999

Love the game. Got the Platinum. Just upset that I never got the exclusive avatars for doing the event.

ScreamAimFire999

PSN: ScreamAimFire999

ArkhamKnerd

Finished the story last night and collected the rest of the metal flowers and Banuk figures I needed to Platinum the game today (only my second Platinum). Such a fun game and was sad to have it end!

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

starhops

Finished! Platinum!
Now on to Mass Effect and I'm already disappointed by the really poor animations. I thought Horizon was a little poor (compared to Naughty Dog) but ME:A are really not good.

starhops

PSN: starhops

Mega-Gazz

Arg, now I feel slow

65 hours in, and I've gotten all bandits/cauldrons/hunting grounds/flowers/mugs/vantages/banuk things/target dummies/skills/etc, now I just have to stop ignoring all quests and get on with it.

Mega-Gazz

ApostateMage

I love the way that the other clans comment when you're wearing different armour outfits. I never got onto that when I first played it.

ApostateMage

BAMozzy

@ApostateMage Probably because you stuck with the same armour and therefore the comments would have been quite 'uniform'

Its just another one of those little things that really helps push this above the majority of other games. I would have preferred a bit more customisation - a bit more of an opportunity to craft Armour and weapons too. Once you have the Shadow versions, there really isn't any point in merchants - other than a way to clear your inventory. I never needed to buy anything (including ammo, health or the parts to craft these). The 'best weapons and armour are earned anyway.

I do miss the gameand can't wait for them to add 'more' content to do. I know I could go after more of the data or just run around killing things for 'fun' but I don't feel I am actually 'achieving' anything - not levelling up, not getting new weapons etc to play with, don't need the shards, lenses or hearts...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

ApostateMage

@BAMozzy Aye, I mainly used the Nora heavy silent hunter outfit with stealth mods but switched to element resistant armours when fighting specific machines (Carja blazon for Fire Bellowbacks, Banuk ice hunter for Glinthawks, etc). It's only on my second playthrough that I wore the Carja blazon light a lot that I noticed it. Other little things like different dialogue depending on your feats at the time really shows the effort that Gorrilla put into it. Not like that watered down BioWare.

ApostateMage

kyleforrester87

@Mega-Gazz lol he was in the trailers, it's his face too in the game. He also voices the leader of the Titans in Destiny. I just can't picture him as anyone other than Cedric Daniels in the Wire though.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Destiny.

Forgot about him in Destiny - been a while since I played. Such a recognizable voice.

Mega-Gazz

SirPhipps

I feel as if this platinum is the only one I'll truly strive for because there's no online trophies. (number 1 hate when playing games I've missed on ps3)

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"

roe

I'm still not even 50% through but also feel like I'll be trying to platinum this eventually. The trophies seem really well designed in that my trophy percentage is almost mirroring my game completion status.

I quite like that none of the trophies are unnecessary grinding (other than the gameplay), or pointless challenges.

The number of times I've enjoyed a game, thought about going for a platinum then looked at the trophy list and gone "nope."

roe

ztpayne7

@roe the platinum is very attainable. I hadn't gotten one since second son in 2014 but I got it with just a little extra effort beyond naturally trying to do everything.

ztpayne7

BAMozzy

@SirPhipps Some SP games have 'ridiculous' trophies/achievements. Personally I hate those 'timed' trophies - beat a mission, some 'training' course or worse, the whole game in a set time or beat the game for a 'second/third' time on a new game + or difficulty setting that was locked out until you beat the game. I prefer some MP trophies - win a few matches, reach level 'x' and/or 'y' etc.

Fortunately Horizon has a decent trophy list that's relatively easy to platinum...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

SirPhipps

@BAMozzy my only bug bare with mp is it's kinda a closed window on when to do it.
I didn't even think about trophies that ask you to complete it a second/third time, would of platinum bioshock infinite if it wasn't for that!

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"

KingSimba

Platinumed it yesterday. It's a great game, could be my game of the year. Really enjoyed the combat. Story was great, bit confusing at times (Needed to watch videos on YouTube to clear it up more). Side characters were not that good really. But Guerrilla did an excellent job in developing this beast, and props to Sony for allowing them to take this entire new direction.

KingSimba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.