Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 807

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried It's nothing I'm not 'looking for' - and I appreciate that the story, tone, change in style (for the series) and technical achievement are the banner selling points for the game - it may even be genre defining, but certainly not defying.

I'm saying that while I was very nearly swept up in the hype - after watching it being played competently, with relish and enthusiasm - I'm OK sticking with the current 3rd person adventure game I'm playing (Mad Max) and don't feeling like I'm actually missing out on anything.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Mine gets pretty loud too, but the room my PS4 is in was 25°C yesterday, and it's stuck in a small cupboard under my TV that doesn't have the best ventilation. But I only notice it when I'm actively paying attention to it, or when I pause the game.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Yeah, yesterday was also hot in the UK and while I wouldn't say mine was in an enclosed space, it also isn't in the open air.

I think I have just got used to not playing graphically intensive games since games like HZD and the noise was just louder. Understandable, it looks amazing.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah my PS4 was quite loud as i was playing this last night and it is in a relatively open area. I have close any secondary apps like YouTube otherwise it sounds like it will take any minute.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

Did anyone else get the 'limited edition' with the art book? The artbook is a good quality hardback 'book'. I found the foreword by Cory quite interesting too:-

Video games are art. (yes he used bold)

By that, I mean they are individual artistic statements as well as a medium reliant on the use of visuals for storytelling. Sure, there are text based games here and there, but, for the most part, the games we consume today are highly visual. Because of this, the visuals of the game are usually the first impression a prospective player has. A giant welcome mat, if you will, that beckons every player into this world you have worked so hard to create and inviting them to take part in the experience you have worked so hard to craft.

When you have the right people, artists who possess an almost magical ability to transform words and thoughts into tangible visual realities that feel both fantastic and real, then achieving that goal is so much easier. It's not easy, by any stretch, but the circuitous winding path of game development is slightly more illuminated thanks to their talents.

There is more - going on about how this game has been more of a personal development for him, how game design can be like gaming with 'monster schedules to slay' and 'great victories and crushing defeats'.

It ends though with:
"But through all of this, it is the steady stream of stunning imagery created by all the artists of this team that inspires and drives the rest of us to work into the night bringing this world to life. To make this world tangible, fantastic and real."

Anyway, as a lot of you may not have the art book, I thought I would share...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

@KratosMD I'm about 12-15 hours in, mind you, I'm doing a lot of side stuff, but I can't really fast travel to locations yet. It's... pretty limited right now. But I have a feeling it'll open up a bit more soon.

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD It may help if you do a bit of story first. I don't recall when it was, but I believe it happens within the first 15 minutes or so of the story stuff at the lake. But I'm not entirely sure.

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD No, the bit after that. Going to the building in the middle of the lake. I can't guarantee you'll unlock something right away, but you can still explore the lake after that. It's worth a try. My memory is a bit hazy, I'm sorry.

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD Nah, nothing will go wrong, the game will give you plenty of opportunities to roam around and explore. Let me know if it worked, I'm curious too, haha!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD wrote:

So I've played the game for two hours now and it's about what I'd expected. Well, expect that boss battle against the 'stranger' in the beginning, that was like something out of an Avengers movie. So freaking sweet, it felt so surreal. Never experienced something like that in a game.

But yeah, I can already say that I like this formula much more than the past one. The past GoW games are a joke now in comparison to this game.

Ha ha yeah that is totally how i feel on both points.

I think i might be too drunk to play this now, but at least i should be able to play it with my headphones tomorrow morning (depending on how severe the hangover is lol).

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

Has anyone completed the game on Give me God of War difficulty? I can't find any accounts of it online.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Splat

Just got to the Stranger battle. Freaking crazy! This game is insane looking on the Pro...

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

Well I have just spent quite a few hours now and its quite good isn't it. I have just returned from Alfheim - back to Midgard - those that are further than I will know where that point is and those that haven't will not have anything spoilt by that statement.

The game does look good and seems ok on frame rate - I am using the Resolution mode but having been playing a lot on the X, I forgot how loud the Pro is - especially when being pushed hard.

Anyway still have a long way to go it feels... Levelling up is very SLOW progress

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Black_Swordsman

I'll rephrase my question. How far have you progressed if you are playing on the Give me God of War difficulty setting? (No spoilers please, just a rough estimate, i.e 1/4, 1/8 etc.)

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@draco-n-eliptic1 I'm not sure what you gain from knowing that?

Are you just wanting to know how difficult it is on that setting and what it is like to play?

Fight_Teza_Fight

@draco-n-eliptic1 I don't know how many/if any of us are playing on that difficulty to start, given you have to restart, if you find it too difficult.

I'm playing on the give me a challenge difficulty and that's pretty challenging. Died 3 times during the first enemy encounter and the first boss took me a few goes as well.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BAMozzy

@draco-n-eliptic1 The game has a LOT of content and its difficult to assess - especially if you have no idea of where you are in the actual story - how far in to the game or how close to the end you are. I spent around 8hrs yesterday but still don't know how far in to the game I am - especially as I haven't really done many side quests or explored too far off the beaten path.

In fairness, Side Quests haven't exactly cropped up as I haven't met a plethora of quest givers to this point and there isn't too far you can 'stray' in most areas - enough to find any 'collectibles' or chests. Its difficult to explain without spoilers too but until you reach a certain point, the game is quite linear. You also can't explore 'everywhere' from the start as you need certain tools to access certain areas.

Edited on by BAMozzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic