Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 101 to 120 of 634

LieutenantFatman

Anyone still playing this? I played the dlc solidly over the last few days, fantastic fun. Made a video compilation of some of my invasion encounters.

LieutenantFatman

Churchy

@LieutenantFatman: Yep indeedy. The Old Hunters was a fantastic piece of DLC. Bloodborne is just fascinating and I return to it every so often. It'd be great to have a sequel.

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

LieutenantFatman

I heard it sold better than expected so hopefully that means we will get a sequel, I'll be so excited if that gets announced at E3. It has made me more a lot more excited for Dark Souls 3 though. Not long until April.

LieutenantFatman

Hego

Picked up the dlc yesterday, just past the first boss, pretty epic fight that! I will admit I did have help from a summon and a npc though love the dlc so far, it's so cool how they created this twisted version of Yarnham which you've seen so many times before.

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Churchy

@scubydo: If you're into Dark Souls, then Bloodborne is a must. I actually prefer it to the Souls series (as great as it is) due to the setting, the more pared down options and equipment, and the more offensive style of play.

Twitter:

BodyW-outOrgans

Hey everyone - I'm totally new to Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but based on hearing about the difficulty of the games I am hesitant about picking up any of them. So my question is, realistically, how difficult are Bloodborne and DS3? And ultimately, are they worth buying for someone who prefers adventuring more than battle after battle?

BodyW-outOrgans

PSN: BodyWithoutOrgan

kyleforrester87

@BodyW-outOrgans: Not nearly as difficult as people claim in my opinion. You just have to put a bit of effort in. And if you get really stuck its usually just a case of grinding out some extra levels (which sometimes feels like cheating a bit, but whatever!) I found a hump in both games, but once you're in a few hours its pretty smooth sailing.

As far as adventuring goes there is a brilliant sense of discovery and exploration in both games that I have found to be quite unparalleled.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

arnoldlayne83

@BodyW-outOrgans: They are definitely more difficult than the average of nowadays games...... But it is a fair difficulty that can be overcome by learning and "training yourself". They are a kind of RPG where the development of your character goes in parallel with your personal development in getting better and better at the game, and this is, personally, half of the fun. The rest comes by amazingly detailed worlds to explore (and if you like adventuring, you will find many many things and places to discover), while fighting fantastic creatures that you will barely see in any other videogame.

My personal advice is that you shouldn't miss, at least, to try one of these experiences.... You can maybe find second hand copies of bloodborne now for a fair price.... get one and give it a try, stick with it for at least a couple of days, no matter how hard will look like at the beginning.... I m pretty sure something will click in your head (or you will simply throw your pad against a wall... ) and you will start to understand why such games have so many fans around the globe...

PS: here you will always find someone who can give you some nice tips for beginners

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Mega-Gazz

As long as you don't mind not knowing what the story was after you finish the game, then watching a YouTube video by vaatividya and being amazed at the amount of story that went over your head... then this series is the best series in gaming hands down. As others have said, don't stress over the difficulty at all.

Mega-Gazz

BodyW-outOrgans

Right on everyone! Thanks for the input.
Now I have to decide which beautiful world I would rather start with - probably Bloodborne, as its cheaper, and if I like the gameplay then DS3 will be an easy sell. Thanks again.

BodyW-outOrgans

BodyW-outOrgans

Ok, picked this game up yesterday and it is stupid freaking hard! If I hadn't gotten help from viewers on twitch, and online co-op I may have given up on it right from the start.

BodyW-outOrgans

Churchy

@BodyW-outOrgans: Stick with it. If it's your first one, you need to worm your way in a little bit. There will be a clicking point where everything sinks in and things become natural. Also the pieces of story and lore you find will make the mystery of what's going on all the more intriguing.

Twitter:

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Just started a waste of skin and don't intend to level. I have an idea this is going to be a damn long play through.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Hego

Duno about the best time but I think I did it before the last boss, level 95 sounds high enough to tackle it though@KratosMD:

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Mega-Gazz

You might as well go after the wet nurse then do it. You're at around the right level though.

Mega-Gazz

andreoni79

@KratosMD: LVL 95 is surely enough to visit the new area and that could be useful since you'll get new weapons (without spoiling, I wish I had some of them in my first run!) to use in the main game. I bought the DLC only recently so I'm playing it directly in NG+ and it hurts.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

NecuVise

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a regular visitor for quite some time, just didn't reg and post anything.

Even though I read the forum guidelines and I know begging is prohibited, I have to do it

I need help to beat Defiled Amygdala. I have beaten every other boss in the game including all DLC bosses except for Isz Chalice and Lower Ailing Chalice. I'm just short of Pthumerian Queen trophy for platinum, and I can't bear myself to go past Defiled Amygdala. It's just too tedious. Amygdala has way too much health so I fight it for 15 minutes and then make a mistake and die. I'm quite bored of it because it just isn't fun. So is there anyone willing to help me beat it? I'm on the verge of giving up :/ I'm around 115 level if I'm not wrong, if that means anything.

BTW this was my first Souls game. I briefly tried DS1 on PC and didn't like it. I tried DS2 on Xbox One and didn't like it and I just didn't see the appeal for these games. Initially, I tried Bloodborne too and didn't like it, but I really wanted to see what people like in these games and now I'm a big fan. I managed to do everything by myself in Bloodborne so I feel really good about it I hope Sony announces Bloodborne 2 at E3 2018. I'll try DS2 again as I have it on my PS4 also.

NecuVise

Tasuki

@NecuVise There's a difference between begging and asking for help, what you are doing is asking for help. Begging would be more along the lines as asking for games, PSN points etc.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

@NecuVise Welcome to the forum!
The defiled chalice dungeon is a right pain. Whilst Bloodborne itself isn't too difficult the defiled chalice dungeon is next level. I consider that bit of the game to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do for a platinum.
Unfortunately I haven't got the game installed anymore, but may be someone else can help out?
Having said that it's definitely doable solo. I struggled massively with the Keeper and the Watch Dog of the old lords (~4-5 hours each), whereas Amygdala only took a few tries.
If I remember correctly I hogged the outside of the arena baiting it's swipes and waiting for my opening. I think it does a left handed swipe every once in a while, were it lowers the right side of it's arm allowing you enough time to get a couple of hits in. When it does its ground pound attack that's your chance to get a charged attack in (I'd always target the arms, but sometimes I'd be positioned well enough to get the head). When it does it's jump attack it's safer to roll forwards rather than back (through it's legs).

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic