Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 121 to 140 of 634

NecuVise

@kyleforrester87 I'm definitely joking haha. I like to joke a lot, hope it's okay on this forum.
@Fight_Teza_Fight I did the Keeper pretty easily. I did struggle with the Watch dog but it wasn't so boring because you could slash its health a lot faster. Amygdala just takes too much time and that's the main reason I'm considering giving up. I'm sure its doable solo, but as I already mentioned several times, there's too much health and I usually get one-hit-death around 1/5th of its health bar. That really puts me off. I really want to get this platinum, but at this point its just one really boring and pointless chore to do Defiled Amygdala I hope there's someone to help me do it. In the meantime, I'll be dealing with SotC bosses : )

NecuVise

NecuVise

I did it guys! I have defeated Defiled Amygdala and all of the bosses after it needed for Yharnam, The Pthumerian Queen trophy. And I did it solo Bloodletting Beast and Abhorrent Beast ware also very though, but it's finally over. Honestly, I can't believe it. At some point I thought it would be impossible

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

As this will available tomorrow for free if you has PS+ I thought I'd offer up some basic tips for anyone jumping in for the first time.

Don't be afraid to experiment with your starting classes and equipment. I must have started the game about 5 times until I was happy with my character. And to get his beard right.

When levelling up try to concentrate on a couple of attributes. Becoming a jack of all sorts will most likely make things a bit tricker. A higher strength you will be able to do more damage, vitality gives you more health, endurance gives you more stamina. There are less stats to worry about than in the Dark Souls games, if you press the touch pad you will get a brief description of each one.

You gain Insight by encountering and defeating bosses, and various other events. You will want to spend this when you can at either the Bath Messengers at Hunters Dream or by summoning other player. The more insight you have the harder the game becomes as enemies gained new improved abilities.

Don't be afraid to summon if you are struggling with a boss or a certain section. Although the feeling of beating such circumstances is pretty much unrivalled it can be a lot of fun teaming up with someone. March 10th is the annual Return to Yharnam event and a lot of players will be returning, so there should be no shortage of help in that week.

If anyone has any questions I don't mind and I will try to answer them. I'm sure some one else more knowledgeable then me can help if I can't.

Hope you have fun!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Hego

Planning to jump back in for the return to Yharnam event and help out next week if I can any excuse will do for me to jump back into this masterpiece!

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

JohnnyShoulder

I'm right in the middle of The Ringed City DLC of Dark Souls 3 so doubt I'll get a chance to jump back in.

Oh almost forgot i hear a lot of whinging (not on this forum) about not being able to pause the game. Whilst that is true what you can do is quit the game. Your game will be saved and you will continue from where you left off with all your blood echoes, equipment etc intact. The loading times have been much improved since it launched so it not so much of a ball ache.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

I enjoyed this game a lot, does it have Pro enhancements now? Otherwise I guess Boost mode irons out some of the frame rate wrinkles.

I really dug the Hunters Dream and the living doll, that whole area was so weird and mysterious!

The game isn't too long really and it's not as tough as some say - if you get stuck you just grind out a few levels and brute force your way through.

Still.. I dunno if I got another play through in me.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

So, I'm going in today. My first Souls game ever and I intend to keep you all updated on my impressions. Or there more people on here who'll jump in now it's on PS Plus?

Would love to share experiences!

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried The first thing to do is rush to the first boss on the bridge and just see it, so you can get 1 insight and actually start levelling up lol

kyleforrester87

Th3solution

@Kidfried I’ll be joining in on the torture as well. Also my first time to play BB. I played a few hours of Dark Souls and had a little trouble getting into it, but I can appreciate the production value and game design. I’m honestly really nervous to start BB due to its reputation of being brutal, but I’m studying the beginner articles on here and I’ll take a whack at it. I have to work all day today so we’ll see if I’m up to it tonight, but I kinda doubt I’ll get started today. Looking forward to hearing and sharing impressions!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

My advice - if you've got enough echoes for a level-up and you can't decide whether to go back and invest them, or to press on and risk losing them, always opt for levelling-up.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

Well... first impressions.

• I love the atmosphere of the game way more than I expected.
  • This game is really unclear about what I have to do and how I have to do it. I love how it's not holding my hand and all that, but I really feel left in the dark. I tried to find a way out of the 'dream' area for quite a long time. Had no idea on how to progress, and still haven't to be honest. I have no idea what the icons mean for instance.
  • The camera has been my biggest enemy so far.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

@KratosMD When I posted that, I had already found my way out. It was just an example of the game being way too unclear for me. But, thank you anyway.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

Oof, I just had to restart the game due to network being offline (took me back to the title menu), got killed by a monster through a wall, suffered from framerate and got stuck in the environment just now.

Bloodborne, don't make it too hard to like you.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Kidfried The first thing to do is rush to the first boss on the bridge and just see it, so you can get 1 insight and actually start levelling up lol

Took me ages to get to that boss and i think i made it to the other boss in that area first, even down to the sewers. If that is possible to do before that boss as my memory is a bit hazy.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Most of the techincal issues should have been sortes out by now, by you may experience stuff like that due to more people playing it and stressing the servers.

I don't recall ever getting stuck on the scenery though, and may have just glitched if yoi had network issues while playing the game.

Kidfried

I guess I was unlucky then! It won't stop me from playing it anyway. I'll try again tomorrow, even though I haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing.

Do you just move through the city until you find the boss? Or is there some way for me to know in which direction to go?

I'm such a newbie to the series. :') Feels good to feel totally lost in a game though.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried the level design is good, you'll open short cuts and loop back round to lamps you've already lit. You'll be surprised sometimes coming into an area you think is new then suddenly realise you're already very familiar with it. It's inspires feelings similar to the original Tomb Raider games in my opinion. Once you open a few "loops" between lanterns you can run through them killing enemies on the way to earn your echos then trade them in in the hunters dream. Sometimes though you might want to stop pushing ahead and run back to the last lantern to level up before trying again instead of risking your echos. But you need at least 1 insight to be able to level up in the dream.

kyleforrester87

Jaz007

@Kidfried Welcoem to Bloodbonre lol. I skipped the first boss until I fought it in Co-Op after I had beaten the other boss. You will struggle and die for now. That’s what I did. Then you learn, you get over the highest learning curve I’ve ever experienced. It’s amazing though and you really feel like you’ve achieved something after you get the hang of things. New enemies will always make you purse and think though. And take your time with the game. I did a lot of co-op and stuff and have a decent but left after 55 hours. It’s a game to walk in (literally, no metaphor) and just take in the atmosphere and be cautious.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic