Forums

Topic: Team Knack Attack Six Pack Shack

Posts 101 to 120 of 275

Octane

@RogerRoger I see, that's why I questioned it, because I assumed this is strictly about the PS3 releases. In that case I don't think the PS3 port of DDR, whichever version it may be, is ''very important''. The arcade release? Yeah, that's something I can understand, but I don't think the PS3 version deserves the same amount of fame.

I'm not sure what @themcnoisy's take is on this? Strictly PS3, or should we also take other platforms in mind when compiling the list?

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane it's the games importance to gaming through the lens of today. Then technical achievement. Artistic merit and finally personal opinion.

But the arguments can stacks up either way.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@themcnoisy I understand, but are we talking about the PS3 releases specifically, or can we also take other releases into account?

For example, can we argue that The Last of Us is one of the best looking games on the list because it got an HD remaster on the PS4? Or should we only take the PS3 release into account?

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane Its the PS3 release through the eyes of today. So the last of us is still iconic, pushed the technical boundaries of the PS3, looked great and stays with you and is obviously awesome (to me anyway). DDR is a better example as its a wildcard really - to me its very important to the industry and has a crazy competitive following. Could it be knocked down? Yes of course and that's what the appeal system is there for.

So to summarise it is the PS3 version but you can take wider implications into your thought process. Its up to you.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Personally speaking I've had very little experience with the games in question & both @Th3solution @RogerRoger have put forward good arguments towards it. Looks like we'll be abstaining this round.

I think moving forward if at least 2 members wish to change the placement of a game, we'll put in a Veto. Fair?

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@themcnoisy I think we should clarify that, because the difference would be day and night for games like DDR and Civ if you can rate them based on their (superior) arcade/PC versions.

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane fair point. I will bring it up at the next appeal process.

KALofKRYPTON

I'd agree that DDR arcade, totally VERY IMPORTANT - for PS3, not really.

Civ is Civ, but again, not VERY IMPORTANT in my estimation. If it had kicked off a wondrous trend of 4X games coming to console, then perhaps - but it didn't.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

OOOOH - new list!
My two pennies on what I've played/know a bit about:

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Nippon Ichi
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Nippon Ichi
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Nippon Ichi
I've not played these, but they look like they don't change too much. My daughter became fully engrossed in Disgaea 5 and sunk a ridiculous amount of time in to it.
From what I've seen, they play well, are pretty deep and the writing isn't terrible. And of course, Prinnys!
EXISTING

DmC: Devil May Cry Ninja Theory
Played the demo, it's alright, Ninja Theory rarely make a poor game - didn't particularly feel like Devil May Cry though.
EXISTING

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock Id Software
This game is a turd
UNIMPORTANT

Doom 3 BFG Edition Id Software
Pretty good, and surprising for not being the complete opposite of that. I'd put it as IMPORTANT solely for giving the franchise a kick.

Dragon's Crown Vanillaware
Beautiful, addictive.
VERY IMPORTANT

Driver: San Francisco Ubisoft Reflections
Fairly sure this'll end up as my ranty veto game this round. D:SF is a great, great game that was generally overlooked. It brought the franchise well up to date and improved massively on Driver 3/Parallel Lines. From the moment I played the demo, the ditching of on-foot gameplay in favour of the shifting mechanic was a winner. The full game had a decent enough 'Life on Mars' inspired story, ran at a good clip and was absolutely a joy to play. Shame it didn't do the numbers, but a great swan song for, and the best of the series.
IMPORTANT

Duke Nukem Forever 3D Realms / Triptych Games / Gearbox Software / Piranha Games
UNIMPORTANT

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition Devolver Digital
A pretty good release, played it on Vita.
EXISTING

Bonus games to rate;
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts Cauldron
EXISTING one & all!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

LieutenantFatman

Hey, if you need any input on Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Nippon Ichi or Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Nippon Ichi let me know. Personally I much prefered 4 to 3. Due to story and characters. As Karl suggests, the game play doesn't tend to change a huge amount between titles.

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman Would you put any of them as IMPORTANT?

AdamNovice

@KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam Alright Team, a new week and a new set of games to rank.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Nippon Ichi
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Nippon Ichi
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Nippon Ichi
Dishonored Arkane Studios
Disney Sing It Zoë Mode
Disney Sing It: Family Hits Zoë Mode
Disney Sing It! – High School Musical 3: Senior Year Zoë Mode
Disney Sing It: Pop Hits Zoë Mode
Disney Universe Disney Interactive Studios
DJ Hero FreeStyleGames
DJ Hero 2 FreeStyleGames
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock Id Software
Don Bradman Cricket 14 Big Ant Studios
Doom 3 BFG Edition Id Software
Dragon Age: Origins BioWare
Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening BioWare
Dragon Age II BioWare
Dragon Age: Inquisition BioWare
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Artdink
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit Dimps
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Spike
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 Spike
Dragon Ball XenoVerse Dimps
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi Spike
Dragon's Crown Vanillaware
Dragon's Dogma Capcom
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Capcom
Dragon Quest Builders Square Enix
Drakengard 3 Access Games
DreamWorks Super Star Kartz Activision
Driver: San Francisco Ubisoft Reflections
DuckTales: Remastered WayForward Technologies
Das Duell – Männer vs. Frauen: Partyspaß Total! dtp Entertainment
Duke Nukem Forever 3D Realms / Triptych Games / Gearbox Software / Piranha Games
Dungeon Siege III Obsidian Entertainment
Dynasty Warriors 6 Omega Force
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Omega Force
Dynasty Warriors 7 Omega Force

Bonus games to rate;

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Kidfried

Later this week I will do a write up on some of these, but just my early impressions:

VERY IMPORTANT
Dishonored Arkane Studios
Dragon Age: Origins BioWare

IMPORTANT
DJ Hero FreeStyleGames
Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening BioWare
Dragon Age: Inquisition BioWare
Dragon Ball XenoVerse Dimps
DuckTales: Remastered WayForward Technologies
Dragon's Dogma Capcom
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Capcom

EXISTING
DJ Hero 2 FreeStyleGames
Dragon Age II BioWare
Dragon Quest Builders Square Enix

UNIMPORTANT
?

POINTLESS
Disney Sing It Zoë Mode
Disney Sing It: Family Hits Zoë Mode
Disney Sing It! – High School Musical 3: Senior Year Zoë Mode
Disney Sing It: Pop Hits Zoë Mode
DreamWorks Super Star Kartz Activision

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

AdamNovice

My personal rankings:
Dishonored IMPORTANT
The game and series never clicked for me but it was a new IP with some interesting ideas.
DJ Hero EXISTING Well made but lacked the all out fun element of Guitar Hero and Rock Band
DmC Devil May Cry IMPORTANT as controversial as it was it was still well made competent action game with an interesting story and amazing boss fights.
Dragon Age Origins IMPORTANT Another game that didn't click for me but nevertheless still a compelling fantasy RPG and possibly the last old school style Bioware game.
Dragon Age 2 EXISTING Wasted the potential of the original with less settings and disappointing story.
Dragon's Crown IMPORTANT Gorgeous art style with coop action that took me back to the days of Golden Axe.
Duke Nukem Forever UNIMPORTANT Was dated when it finally launched and even more so now.
Duke Nukem 3D EXISTING Was one of the most influential shooters of the 90's, still worth it for curios

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Disgaea 4 is imo important at least. Its the best in the series.

The problem with Disgaea is its art style which shares similar looking sprites to all the other Nippon Ichi games (which vary in quality). Disgaea in actual fact is like Football Manager for Gamers.

The idea is to make a squad and battle the opposition. The general campaign sees you defeating set squads under a variety of conditions until you get to the end. The actual game is building up your team to become an impenetrable machine which compliments each other with balance and hundreds of different skills.

To say Disgaea has a lot if content is an understatement. The value for money is extraordinary.

Importance to gaming it ranks highly - the series is still running and sells well and prinnys are a cultural icon (dood).

Technically the game looks very average but its what is going on under the hood which is impressive. Almost everything can be improved from character skill sets, levelling up weapons, clothes, items etc (which house battles themselves randomly generated)

Artistically again the sprites are average - but its the themes which run through Disgaea which are unique here.

You can probably tell I love the game. And this thread has finally motivated me to unleash D5 later today. I bought it at launch but have put it on hold due to life - it will eat up 300 hours during the next year but I'm down for that.

mookysam

Ooh good games in this list. Shall post my initial thoughts later.

@themcnoisy What is the story like in the Disgaea games? How would you say the games (especially 4) compare to other Tactical RPGs?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@mookysam D2 (the original) is my favourite Story. D5 is the worst (One of the reasons I put it down).

Disgaea 4 is pretty good. It's lighthearted, easy to follow and funny.

I think you would like it. But Disgaea is a real Marmite game in all honesty. I suppose its the offspring of Final Fantasy 8s junction system. I would recommend a go to anyone who is quite open to trying new games and is patient.

RogerRoger

I won't repeat or copy / paste large chunks of text, but I'd just encourage... no, I'd beg you all to consider what I've written in the last couple pages of the "What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?" topic in this very sub-forum with regards Dragon Age II.

I know it's a lot of text and I'm sorry, but it's all spoiler-tagged and hopefully shows a much more positive view of the game, formed whilst playing it for the first time ever in the past couple weeks. Hopefully you'll be swayed because personally, I'm dismayed that several of you have ranked it as "Existing" and inferior to Dragon Age: Origins when I truly believe that it's one of the greatest games of all time.

Best of luck with the rest of your rankings.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy Wow, D5 is the weakest you think? My daughter was engrossed! Not to derail too much, but what are your thoughts of D1 Complete?

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON no sorry I meant the story. D5 is great. The systems at play are many and vast. But the story sucks, its not the worst ever story in a game - but its quite throw away and it lacks imagination imo.

Your daughter is a hard core gamer man. Disgaea is not for the fainthearted.

Edit - I haven't played the remastered D1. My time for Disgaea games is at an end most probably. Unless D6 strips away some of the bulk - which ironically I would loathe it to do. I'm no longer away at sea for long stretches so no need for a grind heavy game.

Edited on by themcnoisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.