Update: After a little bit of a mix-up, the Marvel’s Avengers patch notes for v2.8 are now live, and they include a surprising number of bug fixes, improvements, and tuning considering the release is at the end of its life. We’ve included all of the updates below:
- The Marketplace has been unlocked! What does this mean?
- Nearly all MCU- and non-MCU-inspired Outfits, Emotes, Takedowns, and Nameplates are now automatically available on your Hero Card.
- Items that are earned through the campaign, however, or purchased through the Cosmetic Vendor must be earned or purchased, respectively, as they always have been.
- Both the Shipments system and Hero Challenge Cards have both been completely removed from the game. Items that were previously earnable from Shipments and Hero Challenge Cards are included in the hundreds of Marketplace items that are automatically granted when you update to v2.8.
- You do not need to be connected to the internet to be able to access all of the unlocked Marketplace content after updating to v2.8.
- As a thank-you to players who’ve been with us on the journey, we’re granting a special Founder’s Gift – Iron Man’s ‘Variable Threat Response Battle Suit.’ This Outfit will be automatically granted to any player who has earned at least one Trophy/Achievement before April 1.
- All existing Credits balances have been converted to in-game resources. The chart below breaks down that conversion. For questions regarding your balance conversion, please contact our Support team at: http://support.crystald.com/
- Owned Hero’s Catalysts and Fragment Extractors have been completely removed from the game. In their place, there is now a permanent 1.5x multiplier on Fragments earned and XP gained.
- There will be a small hotfix, Update 2.8.1, that goes live on April 4 to address a Known Issue. (This issue is detailed in the Patch Notes.)
REASSEMBLE CAMPAIGN & AVENGERS INITIATIVE
- Friendly fire! AI Companions will no longer target Kate Bishop’s Decoy when it is deployed during certain boss encounters.
- We fixed an exploit where the Winter Soldier could activate the heavy intrinsic attack ‘Blast Zone’ as a heavy dodge attack if ‘Vengeful Ghost’ was not a purchased skill.
- Banter between Jane and Bucky, which wasn’t activating for some players, now triggers when intended.
- We fixed an issue where Black Panther’s ‘Kinetic Boom’ skill was not increasing the damage of ‘Panther’s Dive.’
- Thor’s ‘Rampant Supercharge’ perk now functions properly when ‘Warrior’s Fury’ is activated.
- Hawkeye’s ‘Rocket Arrow’ wasn’t initiating for some players when the ‘Volatile Rockets’ skill was activated, but the ‘Rocket Arrow’ now activates, as intended.
- Switching gun types at the start of a charge animation no longer prevents the Winter Soldier from executing ranged power attacks.
- You are no longer able to use the Winter Soldier’s ‘Press the Charge’ skill without having first acquired it.
- The Mighty Thor’s gear perk ‘Divine Blast Assistance’ now applies intrinsic overload to teammates, as intended.
- The Winter Soldier’s ‘Lethal Rampant Plasma Boost’ perk now grants nanites when intended.
- Ms. Marvel’s ‘Ultimate Lethal Cryo Administrator’ gear perk now applies the correct number of Cryo charges to allies.
- The Ultimate Lethal Plasma Administrator gear perk now grants charges when defeating an enemy on the initial hit.
- The Winter Soldier’s ‘Reactive Gamma Administrator’ gear perk now grants the correct number of charges to allies when using ‘Soldier’s Generosity.’
- Similarly, we fixed the Winter Soldier’s ‘Reactive Gamma Administrator’ perk so that it grants charges, as intended, to allies for hitting enemies with ‘Bloodletting.’
- Both the Winter Soldier’s ‘Cryo-’ and ‘Plasma Administrator’ perks now grant charges to allies.
- Ms. Marvel’s ‘Polymorph Counter Spike’ perk now increases Critical Attack Damage, as intended.
- Kate Bishop’s ‘Explosive Blast Frenzy’ perk now increases the firing speed of explosive arrows, as intended.
- We fixed an issue with Heroes and invisibility where completing a takedown would enable enemy attacks on the player while the invisibility effect was active. That’s not how invisibility works!
GEAR & REWARDS
- Endgame Mission Rewards (Both OLTs and Raid)
- Superior gear can now be obtained from every completion, not just the weekly rotation.
- Family Reunion and both versions of the Discordant Sound raid now grant up to PL 165 gear.
- Events and Cloning Lab now provide a path to PL 175 gear.
- Gear Upgrading – PL 165 to PL 175
- Resources required to bring a piece of gear from the old PL cap to the new PL cap has been reduced.
- Upgrade module cost is now capped at 150 per upgrade within this range.
- Dismantling exotic gear returns 100 upgrade modules. 50 are returned from legendary gear.
- Nanite charges from Cloning Lab gear now apply status damage via heavy melee attacks. Status build-up has been increased.
- Cooldowns reduced for major artifact active effects.
- Exotic artifact stat scaling improved.
- The Winter Soldier’s skill icons now display properly in the Hero Terminal.
- JARVIS is back online! The Cloning Lab gear reward charges were not always appearing on the HUD when defeating enemies, but charges now display properly.
- Lorem oop-sum! We replaced the placeholder text that appears in Captain America’s ‘Vanguard Charge’ skill with the correct description.
- We repositioned Hawkeye’s Heroic Mission Chain reward icon to appear in the correct place.
ART & ANIMATION
- When wearing his “Wasteland Warrior” Outfit, Hulk’s right shoulder no longer tears during gameplay.
- The Winter Soldier’s gun no longer clips through his armor during gameplay.
- The Winter Soldier’s muzzle flash VFX now display properly when executing takedowns on dreadbots during multiplayer sessions.
- There’s a glitch in the multiverse! The Mighty Thor now uses the correct Mjolnir when activating her Ultimate while wearing her MCU-inspired Outfit.
- Cap’s shield can do many things, but invisibility is not one of them! We fixed an issue where Captain America’s shield would disappear momentarily when using the ‘Looking Sharp’ emote.
- We fixed an issue where the Winter Soldier’s rifle would appear, stuck to his hand, during several interactions on the Helicarrier (including the interaction with Mjolnir).
- Similarly, the Winter Soldier’s rifle no longer attaches to random props when performing various emotes.
- We adjusted The Mighty Thor’s ‘Unhelmed’ Outfit mesh so that the Outfit displays the correct hair color.
- Bucky’s legs no longer distort or experience clipping with Cap’s shield when using the ‘Passing the Mantle’ emote.
- Captain America’s shield now reseats on his arm properly when activating his intrinsic ability while vaulting.
- Faction Terminal Missions and Assignments will not be completable from 12 p.m. UTC to 5 p.m. local time. This will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix, Update 2.8.1, which launches on April 4.
Original Article: Marvel’s Avengers’ last ever content update is live, making “almost all” of the game’s cosmetic DLC free prior to the release’s impending delisting. That includes the new War Machine skin for Iron Man, which will be available to redeem by anyone who previously unlocked a single Trophy in the game. You can learn more about that through here.
In comically customary fashion, the game’s patch notes are currently unavailable, because developer Crystal Dynamics has failed to publish the page. However, we’ll update this article once we know the full extent of the final update. One thing we do know is that the studio has buffed all of the title’s heroes, hopefully making them feel more powerful as the release hurtles towards its resting destination.
For those of you unaware, the game will officially be delisted on 30th September, although single player and multiplayer gameplay will remain available beyond that date. There’ll be no further gameplay updates beyond today’s patch, however, and previously datamined characters like She-Hulk and Captain Marvel will not be added.
This could have been a slamdunk with more singleplayer content added from the start and with way less greed.
Dangit. I would have loved to play as She-Hulk. But will see what is on offer for free.
Tried this recently and really enjoyed it. Single player mode was good and I feel with a much better thought out UI it could have been great.
It would be cool if the game went on sale to encourage more people to buy it before it is delisted
Anyone know what’s happening with the ps plus extra version. I am guessing it will be removed if it’s being delisted. May have to play it soon before it disappears
I got the ps5 upgrade ive been meaning to try but honestly couldn't be bothered. Does it improve the ps4 version significantly in any way?
So will we need to download and claim all this stuff before 9/30? I deleted it for space long ago, lol.
@Danloaded I played in 60 fps instead of 30 with performance mode. If you do graphics mode, there's more detail including destructible stuff sticking around for longer or until you leave.
Delisted? They're going to pull it off the store completely?
@Ludacritz Nope...not sure why they wrote the headline that way. As far as Crystal/S-E have said, at least so far, it isn't being delisted it just won't be officially supported after Sept.
Isn't that patch making that game everyone wanted it to be on release?
I played through the entire campaign and the Kate Bishop Hawkeye DLC when they had a free trial one weekend. I might eventually buy it, if it goes on sale for $5, just to play the other DLC content. Other than that, I played all I needed to of that game.
@djlard Not really. While it would have been nice if you could unlock all of the cosmetics through gameplay — rather than having to buy a battle pass for each character — that wasn’t the only problem with the game.
After a certain point in the single-player campaign, the game ran out of unique ideas, and just became copy-paste missions where you defended a glowing circle from being captured by an endless string of what felt like maybe three different types of robots, all to be awarded with loot that didn’t make sense for the characters and only served the purpose of making the numbers go up.
It seems like they were making a half-decent single-player or co-op campaign, but sometime during development they decided to make it a live service game, and that ended up ruining the progression of the story, and made most of the heroes play pretty much identical to each other. When punching a robot with the Hulk feels the same as punching a robot with Black Widow, you know there’s something wrong.
@Flaming_Kaiser I picked it up for $30 IIRC and thought the single player campaign was a lot of fun. I burned through it. Worth the $30 IMO.
Never quite understood why this game got bashed so much. My biggest complaint was the maps/UI were confusing to navigate and to figure out what to do in the endgame, but the gameplay was there and fun.
@FinneasGH I completely agree. The single player game, especially playing from Kamala’s perspective, is top notch with quite a few memorable moments. Fleeing the Hulk and visiting space come to mind. And yet for the life of me I still can’t navigate the war table. For a game that inspired a lot of pointless anger from the internet hive-mind, it had a nice long life.
Although the marketplace was absolutely the worst part of this game, giving all the cosmetics away for free won’t convince me to go back to it. Even an okay SP campaign (still way inferior to Marvel’s Spider-Man, all the Arkham games, and Guardians of the Galaxy) can’t extinguish the sour taste that all the live service elements left behind.
Damn that's a beefy patch note log. I'll get around to playing this sometime in 2023 hopefully.
@Impossibilium Yes, It had some story that suddenly stopped. It is not bad arcade game, but seems pretty unfinished. Yes, characters are same with just different skin. But without that meaningless grinding I may give it shot once more.
@Danloaded 60fps is really nice and the 4k 30fps mode is paced well too..one of the few games i'm happy to play in 30fps but 60 rules 👍
Sounds like the patch made it into the single player experience people actually wanted.
@GeneJacket CD confirmed in September its being delisted.
@gonzilla Still you have to agree this game was probably developed with singleplayer in mind before the liveservice hype got hold of it.
Tap here to load 21 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...