Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the first PlayStation 5 instalment in Insomniac Games' action platformer franchise. We awarded the game a 8/10 in our Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart review, describing it as the "best game in the series since Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, which franchise fans will recognise as high praise".
In this Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart guide, we're going to share our Tips and Tricks for Beginners to help get you started with interdimensional escapade. We're also going to reveal All Collectibles, including Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, Lorbs, and CraiggerBears.
This guide will also include All Trophies and How to Get the Platinum, as well as All Weapons and How to Unlock the RYNO 8. Please do be aware that, while efforts have been ensured to keep spoilers to a minimum, the nature of this guide means there may be some Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart spoilers within. As such, please browse carefully.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Guide: All Collectibles
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has 80 collectibles to find, including 10 Spybots, 25 Gold Bolts, 8 Armour Sets (each comprised of 3 Armour Pieces), 12 Lorbs, and 9 CraiggerBears. You can recap many of the collectibles you've discovered thus far by pushing the touchpad and browsing to the Collectibles tab.
- Spybots are small robot-style computers that you'll find hovering in stationary positions around the world. They include lore and backstory, but also reward you with the schematics to the RYNO 8.
- Gold Bolts are Ratchet & Clank's trademark collectible and can be found obscured in various hidden places. They unlock cheats and gameplay modifiers.
- Armour can be used to customise Ratchet and Rivet's appearance. Armour Sets are made up of Armour Pieces (Helmet, Chest, Boots) and collecting a full set rewards you with gameplay buffs.
- Lorbs can be found on Savali only and delve into Lombax lore.
- CraiggerBears are stuffed toys you'll find hidden in obscure places and are the hardest to find collectibles in the game.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has 9 Planets in total, and each act as a chapter or level in the game. Note that you'll need to backtrack and return to previous levels in order to discover everything, as some require specific gear or abilities in order to grab. Below is a list of All Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Collectibles.
All Collectibles Locations
- Corson V (Nefarious City) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Sargasso (Outpost L51) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Scarstu Debris Field (Zurkie's) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Savali (Urfdah Mesa) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, Lorbs, CraiggerBears
- Blizar Prime (Blizon Mines) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Torren IV (Molonoth Gulch) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Cordelion (Kedaro Station) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Ardolis (Pirate Base) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
- Viceron (Zordoom Prison) - All Collectibles: Spybots, Gold Bolts, Armour, CraiggerBears
All Collectibles Checklists
- All Spybots Locations
- All Gold Bolts Locations
- All Armour Locations
- All Lorbs Locations
- All CraiggerBears Locations
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Guide: Checklists, Hints, Help, and FAQs
For the next part of our Ratchet & Clank guide, we'll be answering key questions like How to Unlock the RYNO 8 and How Long Does It Take to Beat? We'll also recap All Weapons and explain All Trophies and How to Get the Platinum.
- Does It Have New Game+?
- How Many Planets Are There?
- How Long Does It Take to Beat?
- Can You Play It on PS4?
- What Difficulty Should You Select?
- Fidelity, Performance, Performance RT - Which Graphics Mode Is Best?
- FAQ - Everything We Know So Far
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Guide: Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a fairly easy game that's unlikely to trouble even novices. However, just to help get you started, here are some universal tips and tricks for beginners that you should read before digging in.
Stay on the Move
One of the core tenets of Ratchet & Clank's gameplay is movement, and that remains true of Rift Apart. During combat encounters, you'll want to move about as much as possible, strafing from side-to-side and using the jump button to acrobatically evade enemy fire. Never stop-and-shoot: this is a game where you should be constantly in motion, using rift tethers to find vantage points and constantly causing your enemies to have to adjust their aim.
Switch Your Weapons
Don't stick with a single weapon in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart: change it up. The game is designed around using your entire arsenal, so you should always be experimenting with different firearms, levelling them up and finding new approaches. It's fine to have favourites, but mix up your strategy to keep the gameplay fresh and your foes on their toes.
Find the Collectibles
You don't necessarily need to find All Collectibles Locations in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart to beat the game, but we'd recommend you take the time to explore each level fully. Not only will finding All Spybots Locations unlock the RYNO 8, but finding All Armour Locations will buff you in battle while All Gold Bolts Locations will give you access to some pretty fun cheats.
And that just about does it for our Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart guide. Did you find this page useful, and what were you struggling with? Let us know, and be sure to share any other tips and tricks in the comments section below.