Want to connect your Discord account to your PS5? With the latest firmware update, Discord has been integrated into PlayStation Network, allowing you to hook up your accounts and carry across your voice chats. But how do you do it? In this guide, we'll talk you through how to link Discord to your PS5 and transfer voice chat.
Discord: How to Connect to PS5 and Transfer Voice Chat
Below, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to link your Discord account to your PS5, and then how to transfer Discord voice chats to your PS5. Before you can do either of these things, you must first ensure your PS5 is update to the latest system software. You can double check this by going to Settings > System > System Software, then select System Software Update and Settings and click Update System Software.
How to Connect Your Discord and PSN Accounts
- Log into your PS5 with the account you wish to link your Discord to.
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Linked Services, then choose Discord from the list.
- On the next screen, select Link Account. Accept the terms and conditions.
- Next, you'll be asked to go to discord.com/activate. Alternatively, you can use a smart device to scan the on-screen QR code.
- On this webpage, you will be asked to enter the 8-digit code shown on your PS5's display. Enter the code with no spaces.
- If entered correctly, Discord will find your PSN account and ask you to confirm access. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking Authorise. Your accounts should now be linked.
How to Transfer Discord Voice Chats to PS5
- After following the above steps to link your Discord and PSN accounts, open Discord on your computer or smart device.
- Join or start a voice chat.
- In the corner will be a symbol of a smartphone and a game controller. Click this, then select Transfer to PlayStation. A window will show you your PS5, then click Transfer Voice.
- After a few seconds, your voice channel will migrate from Discord to PS5, enabling you to continue chatting via your console. You'll receive a notification on your PS5 to confirm the transfer.
- Now, you can continue the Discord voice chat via your PS5, as if it was a normal party chat. Press the PS button to bring up the control centre, and the Discord chat will be displayed as an activity card.
- To end the Discord chat, you can leave it from the activity card on your PS5, or you can close the chat on your computer or smart device.
That's how to connect your Discord account to your PS5 and transfer Discord voice chats. Pretty straightforward! Will you be making use of this feature on PS5? Tell us in the comments section below.
The only thing I want to know is does using the Discord voice chat allow you to communicate in in-game chat at the same time?
This is the one feature that would make me move from PS party chat.
I'm going to try this out later. Does this let you share your screen? If you have the PS5 camera can you connect that to the Voice Chat?
It's kinda an odd quirk of Discord that Voice Chat does video too
Looks like it's voice only which is a shame would be nice to be able to share your gameplay to Discord without having to go through Twitch or YouTube
I do not want to have too have the pc or phone on and the ps5 just to use discord that is BS ! Or have to do 3 or 4 things just to use a chat the psn chat works just fine ! And since when Iplay on the ps5 I usually have crossplay off I myself do not want it or need it ! But we all have are opinion's !
Thanks a lot for this article.
Helped me to connect my Discord within mere minutes.
Just a headsup that Discord audio can't be captured in video clips or be streamed in broadcasts, like the normal PS5 parties.
I hope it's something that they "fix" in the future.
Is there a guide for how to use Discord in the first place? I've tried to use that platform many times and I just can't seem to get my head around how it's organised. Maybe I'm following the wrong/badly organised channels, but I find it utterly impossible to use.
@StrickenBiged you join a group on discord which are called “servers” , which is still just a group . when you join a server , the server has sub-sections , or topics(think like the forums on pushsquare) , click on whichever sub-section you want to chat and post in .
discord is just an organized chat room , with each server(group) being a message board with multiple topics(forums) to chat in.
Seems odd they didn't just add a discord app on the console itself to save going through all the extra steps
It takes effort to use yeah ill probably will never use it then.
@nomither6 Appreciated, thanks! Baffled as to why they felt the need to re-invent the nomenclature used in their platform - calling it a "server" made it sound far more techy than it needs to be!
will the PS5 have the entire Discord app on the system or is voice chat it?
@VatoLoco47 100% agreed. Here's hoping they will eventually add the full client app.
@Yoop Voice chat only sadly, you can't install Discord onto a PS5.
Tap here to load 13 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...