- Number of Players
- 1 (Single Player) (16 Player Online)
- Release Date
- 26th May 2022, $59.99
- 26th May 2022, £54.99
PlayStation Plus Extra (Subscription)
- 18th Jul 2023
- Also Available On
- Controller Support
- Official Site
Sniper Elite is a series so confident in its execution that Rebellion doesn’t really need to reinvent the wheel. The latest instalment, Sniper Elite 5, takes the gravel-voiced Karl Fairburne and his immaculately shaped short-back-and-sides to Nazi-occupied France, where he uncovers a MacGuffin plot called Operation Kraken which...
Where do you find all Workbenches locations in Sniper Elite 5? Workbenches are a utility that double as a kind of collectible in Sniper Elite 5, allowing you to tinker with your loadout within each of the game's eight maps. Workbenches are often found in resistance safehouses marked with a white logo or Nazi armouries, depending on the map...
Where do you find all Stone Eagles locations in Sniper Elite 5? Stone Eagles, also known in-game as Dead-Eye Targets, are a type of collectible in Sniper Elite 5, typically found on the top of buildings around each of the game's eight maps. Stone Eagles can be marked on your map using binoculars, and will generally flash depending on your...
Where do you find all Hidden Items locations in Sniper Elite 5? Hidden Items are a type of collectible in Sniper Elite 5, usually found on desks and tables around each of the game's eight maps. Hidden Items rarely have additional intel or information, but are generally relevant to the mission you're undertaking. As part of our Sniper...
Burn after reading
Where do you find all Classified Documents locations in Sniper Elite 5? Classified Documents are a type of collectible in Sniper Elite 5, usually found on desks and tables around each of the game's eight maps. Classified Documents often contain key intel and information about your current mission. As part of our Sniper Elite 5...
From Paris with love
Where do you find all Personal Letters locations in Sniper Elite 5? Personal Letters are a type of collectible in Sniper Elite 5, typically found on desks and tables around each of the game's eight maps. Personal Letters often contain key intel and information about your current mission. Occasionally you'll need to loot Personal...
All Mission 10's collectibles
Where do you find all Wolf Mountain collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
All Mission 8's collectibles
Where do you find all Rubble and Ruin collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
All Mission 7's collectibles
Where do you find all Secret Weapons collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
All Mission 6's collectibles
Where do you find all Libération collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
All Mission 5's collectibles
Where do you find all Festung Guernsey collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
All Mission 4's collectibles
Where do you find all War Factory collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
All Mission 3's collectibles
Where do you find all Spy Academy collectibles locations — including the Personal Letters, Classified Documents, Hidden Items, Stone Eagles, and
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
On target or out of focus?
The Sniper Elite series has been aggressively consistent, with storied developer Rebellion fine-tuning its execution with each iteration, rarely reinventing the wheel, but doing just enough with the franchise’s established stealth/sniping gameplay to keep it fresh. Gruff protagonist Karl Fairburne’s latest infiltration...
Not only will Sniper Elite 5 reward you for killing Adolf Hitler in its day one DLC package Wolf Mountain, but it will also hand you a Trophy for targeting his private parts. Revealed in the game's Trophy list on Exophase, the Das Familienjuwel gong all the way down at the bottom is the one that really captures the imagination. The...
With open worlds larger than ever, we appreciate the developers designing denser sandbox levels. Ever since the excellent GoldenEye on Nintendo 64, we’ve been a fan of the sandbox format: the idea that a single stage can be approached in a dozen different ways, whether it’s stealth, full-on combat, or a combination of both. Hitman...
Developer Rebellion has announced that Sniper Elite 5 has gone gold, meaning that it's ready to ship. The third-person shooter was only announced back in December, so it's been a pretty quick turnaround, with the game set to release on the 26th May. It's carrying out its mission on both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. Sniper Elite 5...
Sniper Elite 5’s ludicrous long-range action will take aim at the PlayStation 5 and PS4 from 26th May – perhaps sooner than anticipated! Rebellion’s reliably excellent ballistics bonanza will take place in France this time, as immaculately groomed Karl Fairburne wages war on a mysterious Nazi plot known as Project Kraken. One twist...
Hunt the hunter
Sniper Elite 5 promises the same long-distance thrills that you’ve no doubt become accustomed to over the years, with one major twist: your game can be invaded by an Axis sniper. This means that while you’re busy picking off Nazis as protagonist Karl Fairburne, there’s a chance you may be outwitted by an opponent who’s joined...
Oh my gâche
In what is almost certainly the most exciting news the island has seen in an age, Guernsey is set to sort-of feature in a big-budget video game. Sniper Elite 5 is the upcoming entry in Rebellion's long-running franchise, and it's taking its Nazi-blasting action to Brittany. While the game will take place on the French mainland, some...
Targeting 2022 release window
Do you think Karl Fairburne’s voice actor gargled gravel before reading the script for Sniper Elite 5’s reveal trailer? The special agent is sounding distinctly haggard in this short 60-second gameplay clip, but then again, he’s probably sick of all the Nazi resistance he keeps coming up against. Rebellion...
France, 1944 – As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantikwall fortifications along the coast of Brittany, elite marksman Karl Fairburne makes contact with the French Resistance. Soon they uncover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can even invade Europe: Operation Kraken.
- Expansive Campaign – Many real-world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to recreate a living, immersive environment, and multiple infiltration and extraction points and kill list targets provide a whole new perspective on each mission. Take on the Nazi plot solo or work with a partner, with improved co-op mechanics allowing you to share ammo and items, give orders and heal each other.
- Advanced Gunplay Physics and Traversal – Use ziplines, slide down slopes and shimmy along ledges to reach the perfect vantage point, or to sneak past a sharp-eyed lookout. Factor in rifle stock and barrel options along with gravity, wind and heart rate while you line up your sights on the target.
- High Calibre Customisation – Use workbenches to customise and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon – change scopes, stocks, barrels, magazines and more. Rifles, secondaries and pistols all have a huge variety of options. On top of that you can select the ammo to suit your target, from armour-piercing right down to non-lethal.
- Invasion Mode – Campaign Drop in PvP and Co-Op – Invade another player’s Campaign as an Axis sniper and engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you stalk your prey. Alternatively, as Karl you can call for assistance and have a second sniper drop in to help you out of a tricky situation.
- Tense Adversarial Multiplayer – Customise your character and loadout and earn XP, medals and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16 player battles that will really test your sharpshooting skills. If co-op’s more your style, you can team up with up to 3 other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Enhanced Kill Cam – More realistic and grisly than ever, the trademark X-ray kill cam returns, showing you the true destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets unpredictably, ripping a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can also trigger kill cams, including multiple shots in dramatic slow motion.