Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 3,152

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks buddy! Yeah same here with the action shots, I am going to make more of an effort to take more of them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Yeah same with any shots I upload. When I view them on my tablet or phone either directly from the app or downloaded, they look so much better.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RR529

Some screenshots I've taken of Samurai Maiden on Steam.

While side missions & boss levels often reuse a lot of assets, main story levels are largely bespoke & it can often be an actually pretty nice looking game.
Untitled
Untitled

Surprisingly, the side mission levels are platforming centric
Untitled

For what it's worth, the original localization that translated all mentions of "High School Girl" to "Gen Z Girl" has been fixed in a patch (don't know if this has been fixed on console yet).
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@JudgeDredd That initial shot of Aloy, and then the second GT7 shot (third overall), are outstanding highlights in another beautiful batch! Incredible work, thanks for sharing!

@evildave333 As post-apocalyptic as The Last of Us is supposed to be, I often find myself in awe at its truly remarkable environmental beauty. No matter how linear it might be, you're finding really great shots! I particularly like the dramatic angles created by that collapsed skyscraper in your fifth.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Blimey, those are some nice shots there @RogerRoger!

A few more Horizon Forbidden West pics. Not taken as many as I thought I would.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks, buddy! Your shots from Forbidden West are even more impressive, I'd say! I'm particularly fond of that second shot with the Tallneck and lens flare, as well as the aerial perspective of Chainscrape you managed to snag in the fourth. How'd you get up so high from that angle? I didn't think there was a mountain or cliff on the map there!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thank you very much!

The fourth and fifth pics are both the same scenes, I just moved the camera up as high as it would go then zoomed in. For the fourth one I then rotated it so the camera was facing the Chainscrape head on.

I will post the original later for reference, as that one shows Aloy I think.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, apologies for any confusion; I meant the fourth shot being the one looking down on the town below, which I think is called Chainscrape? I might've misremembered its name. I didn't recall it being surrounded by cliffs or mountains from that direction, so was wondering how you got the camera up so high, but there's obviously some kind of rocky outcrop up there!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Ah yes, I got all kinds of muddled up there, and you are right about being a rocky outcrop about the settlement.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Cool beans; thanks for confirming, and sorry again!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No need to apologise (again) as it was only a misunderstanding!

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter That's amazing!

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
It was nearly impossible to get exactly same time from drawing the gun in 1-2-Switch.
I played 1-2-Switch by Solo play and took control two Joycons like being played by two peoples and I didn't expect I got Draw because that was something that nearly impossible to happen. πŸ˜†

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Nearly impossible indeed; great timing! Better than most action screenshots!

Whilst I'm here, I'll quickly mention that I tried out Pupperazzi earlier today, and I think it's a game you'd definitely enjoy. It's currently locked to PC and Xbox, but there's a Switch port coming soon. You basically wander around a bunch of environments taking photographs of dogs. It's pretty simple but also adorable and relaxing. Don't pay full price for it, but if you see it in a sale, I'd recommend it.

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Oh, yeah.
I think I have ever saw Pupperazi before from Indie Direct or something.
I will keep my eyes on it.
Thanks for the info. 😊

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

Got some more Horizon Forbidden West shots.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Nice shots! I’m looking forward to getting around to the game in the near future as it’s been sitting on the hard drive for a while.

It always looks like a stunning game from the shots people have posted in this thread!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic