Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 3,152

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Cheers! It is a stunning game and I've had to really restrain myself from stopping and taking pics every few minutes. Otherwise it would be another Elden Ring situation, which strangely I did not take hardly any photos of.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Beautiful shots from Forbidden West back there, buddy! You've got a great eye for framing things just right. I love that last canyon shot, and those two Thunderjaw shots impress!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thank you kindly sir! The latter of the Thunderjaw shots was before the former shot, and I was sure I was a goner as Aloy is just off screen to the left! Managed to stay alive just long enough to take the former shot, as the red smudges at the edges of the screen can attest to.

As for the canyon shot, that was perfect timing as I clambered up a cave only to find the sky full of stars!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I've lost count of the amount of times I've sealed my character's fate (both accidentally and deliberately) in service of getting a decent action shot, so I hear you! I used to be frustrated by the fact that so many Photo Modes don't disable on-screen damage indicator effects, but I've come to see them as a kinda badge of honour. Sometimes they make all the difference!

Impressive that you captured that starry sky without manually changing the weather!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Oh I didn't even realise you could change the weather in photo mode! 😳

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder It's either the weather or the time of day but yeah, one of 'em is a thing you can do to fill the sky with stars whenever you want.

Making It So Since 1987

MatthewJP

@roadhog I've recently bought this game (it was on a big sale) and I really like it. You seem to be much further ahead than me with all those trucks hauling different stuffs

PSN: mpquikster

RogerRoger

@roadhog Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing! I really need to get back to that game, but I find that its Photo Mode is my undoing, because I'll spend hours on one assignment, stopping every thirty seconds to take a bunch of pretty pictures. D'oh! Glad to read (and see) that you like it so much!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

My latest from Horizon Forbidden West.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Stunning as before, but that fourth shot is a particularly [chef's kiss] landscape! Perfectly framed, and with the lens flare an' everything! Gorgeous!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger

Untitled

And I've not messed with any settings yet, just moved the camera a bit and refocused them. Although in hindsight, I could have made the first one a wee lighter.

RogerRoger

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

...I could have made the first one a wee lighter.

What, put a yellow filter over it or something?

I'm forever increasing brightness and contrast to make shots lighter, but the end result is that a lot of my stuff ends up looking cartoonish. It's a tricky thing to balance, and it's often wiser to stick with whatever base lighting the developer has implemented.

Anyway, I'm real glad you're continuing to enjoy the game, and share all of these gorgeous moments!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I did think about rephrasing that. Guess I'll have to find some yellow snow in the game now.

RogerRoger

Some random HUD-free shots captured from Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

My latest set of Horizon Forbidden West shots.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RR529

Screenshots of Ryse I took that I didn't use in my write up.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Do I even need to say it at this point...?!

But seriously, excellent work, as always. Beautiful captures from one of the most beautiful environments in recent gaming memory. Thanks for sharing!

@RR529 Crikey, that does look pretty! The waterfalls in the fourth shot and the misty horizon in the seventh stand out in particular, as does the lighting on that colosseum shot. Nice!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger And thank you for the beautiful comments, as always!

I was particularly fond of Vegas, as the NPC quest giver was bigging it up by saying how pretty the area was, I was thinking it was going to be a massive letdown. How wrong was I!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Definitely a jaw-dropping "Oh, this is why I got a big telly!" moment, that's for sure.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic