Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 3,152

JohnnyShoulder

My 7 year old nephew was over with my bro earlier, and he had a go on Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. He took a couple of screenshots inadvertently. I've never seen it in action before IRL, the game really does look stunning even in motion.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder The detail in that game is astounding. I keep seeing odd clips of its cutscenes and always mistake 'em for the movie they released a while back, before I realise that no movie has ever looked that darn good. Am looking forward to playing it someday. They're well-timed screenshots for a seven-year-old, even if they were captured inadvertently!

Speaking of Insomniac... actually, no, I'll post 'em separately, in case I clog up your inbox...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I finished up Spider-Man: Edge of Time on PS3 earlier, but was still in a Spidey mood, and since the PS3 lacks any kind of Share button, I thought I'd spend the afternoon over-compensating with Miles.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Crikey! Spectacular Spidey shots there! 🤤

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @Kairu @JudgeDredd Thank you for the Spidey shot praise, folks! Very kind of you! I have some more which I captured last night (messing about with a Photo Mode really is the ultimate de-stress after a rough day) so I'll post 'em in a bit.

@Kairu Great shots from Tsushima there! Particularly love the second one, with Jin just being an imposing dark shape, standing against the incoming bandits. Also, the more you show of it, the more Hot Wheels looks great fun! Your framing of the car against the microscope made me smile! Looks like you had a pretty neat weekend gaming; glad you enjoyed!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The "How Many Different Shots Can You Get of Spidey Sitting Atop a Pole?" Collection.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Am pretty sure using spider-powers on a basketball court would be considered cheating, but hey.

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Heh, I know which mission you completed in Tsushima yesterday!

Don't blame you for capturing some stunning shots. It's a beautiful end to one of my favourite storylines from the whole game. Lady Masako is awesome.

And thanks for the Hot Wheels recommendation, too. I have quite a few arcade racers in my collection already, but it's been an underserved genre for a while now, and is only just starting to claw its way back to prominence. If I remember to add it to my Library, I will. Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu If it helps to know, Act III seems slightly shorter than the others. If you've been tidying up all the side quests and other bits and pieces along the way, then I'm sure you'll get it finished in time.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Thank you! It's not really a Photo Mode, though. They just give 47 a digital camera, which you can point at things and take snapshots with. The problem is, since it's equipped and used like a weapon, you're left standing out in the open whilst you try and line up your shots, meaning that, if you're in a hostile area, you get spotted and shot at. A lot. Oh well, better than nothing, I suppose!

Smashing work on Tsushima, although I'd expect nothing less! Looks like you managed to finish the main storyline as well, yes? Judging from some of what you've captured. Excellent timing on the action shots, and that penultimate landscape is just breathtaking!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Whoops, my bad! Ignore what I said, then!

Glad to see you've been making steady progress this weekend, though, and thanks for sharing yet another awesome batch of shots! Love your use of filters, particularly for that one of Jin's high-wire act, which is also brilliantly framed. I see you've hit some of the story's most emotional beats, as well. Even going back through on NG+ those moments were pretty wrenching!

@JudgeDredd Thank you! And yes, totally agree, an airport would be a superb setting for a Hitman hit, on so many levels! The time pressure of a target's flight leaving, the chaos of the crowds, the behind-the-scenes industry and restricted areas... darn, why haven't they ever done that?! Maybe they still will, as I believe there's at least one more free DLC level to come. Hopefully it'll be a little more distinctive than Ambrose Island; glad to see it wasn't just me who walked away underwhelmed.

And yeah, even without a proper Photo Mode, I'll take the digital camera alternative! It's certainly more useful for environmental shots, and cleaner than having to deactivate the HUD all the time! Yeah, I've heard about that dual approach in RDR2 before. Makes me kinda jealous!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu Nice pics! You are getting close to the time I spent on the game, at just over 130 hours. I did not want the game to end!

RogerRoger

@Kairu Excellent, excellent shots, and what a way to celebrate completing the game! Saw your concluding thoughts in the other topic and am really pleased you enjoyed it all so much. Your shots are proof of that, of course! Love that panoramic third shot, and the fox's perspective one, too! Very clever, really made me smile! The waterfall mid-swing and final shot of Jin are also superbly timed. Thanks for sharing all of these, and looking forward to seeing what you snap during the DLC (as and when)! Darn it, you're making me wanna drop all my new games and get back to my NG+ playthrough!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Lots of XC3 screen grabs.

The many euphemisms of Eunie.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Bonus:

Untitled

Even the Agnian Queen gets one (though not from Eunie).

Untitled

Also is this how you Brits actually spell "whining"? I've seen it pop up in the comments time to time and assumed it was a prolific typo, but the game uses it a lot (and they even pronounce the "G").

Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@Kairu I know that feeling well, that kind of emptiness when you finish a beloved game. I mean, it's great to have the option to play NG+ and whatnot, and I do love replaying favourites in due course, but it takes a special kind of fifty-hour adventure to make me wanna restart it immediately!

At least you've still got the DLC, which is superb. It'll be the perfect way to rediscover the game, for sure!

@RR529 Yes, that's "our" version of whining and yes, you're supposed to pronounce the G (with a J sound, so it almost becomes "whin-juh-ing" when said slowly). We use both words, though. They broadly mean the same thing, so it's a one-or-other kinda deal.

Funnily enough, that last screenshot is the only one with dialogue that seems vaguely comprehensible!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Send help.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Ok, now I really want Gotham Knights 😭

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

Wow, I haven’t checked in on this thread in ages but @RogerRoger and @Kairu having been smashing it out the park, particularly with the Ghost shots!

Some great Spidey and Hot Wheels pics too; the latter certainly not a game I’d have expected to see in here

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@JudgeDredd @Kairu @nessisonett @Thrillho Huge thanks for the screencap praise, folks! Real glad you like 'em; guess I must be doing something right, then! I'll try not to overload the topic with Gotham Knights, and hopefully won't be able to, if I'm able to ignore its Photo Mode and focus on making story progress instead. It's been tough today, though. It's an excellent Photo Mode, and the game is incredibly pretty in most parts, which makes for a lethal combination. There's another batch that'll follow this reply!

@nessisonett I wish I could help you secure a copy, buddy. Is there anything I can do? Genuine offer.

@Kairu Excellent, more Hot Wheels shots! I was hoping you'd taken more! Looks like it has quite a few filters and whatnot, which is neat (and again, slightly unexpected)! Some excellent, exciting angles there, very well-framed. I expect to see some of these in the "Dynamic" category of December's competition!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Aww don’t worry about it, the job hunt’s just taking a bit longer than I’d hoped given the current climate!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic