Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,821 to 2,838 of 2,838

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Bit of a jarring step down from...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...but blimey, look how far we've come, eh?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tomato_Goose

I've spent lots of time in Syphon Filter, great old times. Was quite good at split-screen PVP

The last 2 screenshots from the current pack appeal the most to me. It would be awesome to capture the second from the end shot with a shining sword in Jin's right hand! Nonetheless both give me aesthetic pleasure.

P.S. We can even see Jin's beard on the last one, great

Tomato_Goose

RogerRoger

@Tomato_Goose Do you subscribe to the new PS Plus service? If so, the Syphon Filter games are well worth it for a trip down memory lane. They hold up, provided you remember the controls!

And thank you, glad you like 'em (although now I'm kicking myself for not jumping back through that shaft of light with Jin's sword equipped, as you're right, that would've looked great)! I've been living on Ghost of Tsushima all day today, and have captured well over a hundred screencaps for my troubles. A couple of them have a similar aesthetic, so I'll be sure to post them over the weekend.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

RogerRoger wrote:

Untitled

This one is by far my favourite.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

Tomato_Goose

@RogerRoger yep, I saw all those games in the list. But I doubt they will provide the same emotions and joy as ages ago. Let them live in my memories

Choosing from the new Tsushima pack, the first two appeal to me the most. Sword-fighting in a misty field always look spectacular, I like all those soft colors, shady silhouettes and sparks. The fox from the second one looks like it is dreaming of something bigger than an ordinary fox life. Perhaps, about flying like a bird or touching the sky one day. Romantic. I even remember that place - it is a jumping fox that leads you through several cliffs above the sea. During my play-through it jumped a little bit funny and clumsy, but I appreciated the effort

Tomato_Goose

Kairu

One from Ghost of Tsushima that I found which I forgot to upload on my previous post. Hopefully I’ll get round to playing and taking more shots throughout the week.

Untitled

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes.

Just wants to play Silksong...

PSN: NotQuiteKairu | Twitter:

Tomato_Goose

@Kairu looks lovely and the colors give me Elden Ring / Hellblade vibes! Also that's an awesome set you are wearing. Shame there is no transmogrification system. Or maybe Sucker Punch have added it?

Tomato_Goose

Kairu

@Tomato_Goose Thanks! It is the Bloodborne armour which you can get from the Iki Island expansion, so I can totally understand how you could get an Elden Ring vibe from it.

As a massive Bloodborne nerd, I can’t not wear it. 😅

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma Delayed thanks for singling out that red shot, as that was one of those happy accidents that resulted from mucking about in an attempt to capture the first screencap!

@Tomato_Goose You sound very wise!

Thank you for reading so much into my shots, and sharing your reactions to them! I'm flattered (especially since the first one is my favourite, too) and yes, I get the sense you know exactly where that fox was photographed, clumsy jumping an' everything!

@Kairu That's an amazing shot, perfectly aligned, framed and lit! Stunning stuff, really hope you'll be able to take and share more soon (but no pressure, of course)!

Making It So Since 1987

Kairu

RogerRoger wrote:

@Kairu That's an amazing shot, perfectly aligned, framed and lit! Stunning stuff, really hope you'll be able to take and share more soon (but no pressure, of course)!

Thank ya! I do tend to struggle to capture some action shots unlike yourself who seems to do it with ease. I find the nonchalant, more intimate and relaxing shots to be more my style. Will try to hopefully get some more captured and posted by the weekend!

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu Yeah same here, plus it usually doesn't cross my mind when I'm trying to avoid getting my head split open to take a screenshot lol.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Kairu Well, the results you've gotten from your approach can't be argued with, so however you've been using Photo Mode, keep up the good work and enjoy whatever shots you take!

Making It So Since 1987

Kairu

I think it’s fair to say that discussing Ghost of Tsushima’s photo mode earlier got me in the mood to get back on and get some more snaps, so here we go.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Kairu

RogerRoger

@Kairu Good grief, for somebody who supposedly struggles with action shots...!!

Those are utterly stunning, and with each one so distinctive from the others, too! I particularly like that second one, the top-down perspective showing Jin's handiwork; that's an angle I rarely think to check. And then the calm of the flute juxtaposed with that massive explosion in the background, brilliant!

Making It So Since 1987

Kairu

@RogerRoger haha! Thank you, mate. I was definitely inspired. I’ll be honest, the birds eye-view shot was totally by chance. I was just throwing the camera about left, right and centre until I happened to see that angle and I thought it looked really awesome and unique. Could be worth trying out yourself as I’m sure you could absolutely have some more success with it that I did! 😅

I’ve been on getting a few more shots this evening so I’m sure I’ll get them uploaded over the weekend!

RogerRoger

@Kairu I think I've taken a small handful of birds-eye action shots over the years, but they're very rare, so rare in fact that I think I could count 'em all on a single hand (and, out of literally thousands of Photo Mode screenshots, that's rare)! Like you, I usually stumble into them by total chance.

In fact, the only one I can immediately recall is this, from Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4.

Untitled

Need to get back to Ghost of Tsushima myself, as I've been absent from it this week and have definitely missed my time on the island. Hope you've been having fun!

Making It So Since 1987

Kairu

@RogerRoger That’s actually a really cool shot. I like that one a lot.

I feel like I’ve neglected ‘photo mode’ in various games throughout the years. I guess I felt I was never really creative enough. Ghost of Tsushima was possibly the first game (certainly in recent memory) that I’ve went somewhat all in on ‘photo mode’ - and I’m really glad I did!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic