Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 3,154

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Bit of a jarring step down from...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...but blimey, look how far we've come, eh?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tomato_Goose

I've spent lots of time in Syphon Filter, great old times. Was quite good at split-screen PVP

The last 2 screenshots from the current pack appeal the most to me. It would be awesome to capture the second from the end shot with a shining sword in Jin's right hand! Nonetheless both give me aesthetic pleasure.

P.S. We can even see Jin's beard on the last one, great

Tomato_Goose

RogerRoger

@Tomato_Goose Do you subscribe to the new PS Plus service? If so, the Syphon Filter games are well worth it for a trip down memory lane. They hold up, provided you remember the controls!

And thank you, glad you like 'em (although now I'm kicking myself for not jumping back through that shaft of light with Jin's sword equipped, as you're right, that would've looked great)! I've been living on Ghost of Tsushima all day today, and have captured well over a hundred screencaps for my troubles. A couple of them have a similar aesthetic, so I'll be sure to post them over the weekend.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Tomato_Goose

@RogerRoger yep, I saw all those games in the list. But I doubt they will provide the same emotions and joy as ages ago. Let them live in my memories

Choosing from the new Tsushima pack, the first two appeal to me the most. Sword-fighting in a misty field always look spectacular, I like all those soft colors, shady silhouettes and sparks. The fox from the second one looks like it is dreaming of something bigger than an ordinary fox life. Perhaps, about flying like a bird or touching the sky one day. Romantic. I even remember that place - it is a jumping fox that leads you through several cliffs above the sea. During my play-through it jumped a little bit funny and clumsy, but I appreciated the effort

Tomato_Goose

Tomato_Goose

@Kairu looks lovely and the colors give me Elden Ring / Hellblade vibes! Also that's an awesome set you are wearing. Shame there is no transmogrification system. Or maybe Sucker Punch have added it?

Tomato_Goose

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma Delayed thanks for singling out that red shot, as that was one of those happy accidents that resulted from mucking about in an attempt to capture the first screencap!

@Tomato_Goose You sound very wise!

Thank you for reading so much into my shots, and sharing your reactions to them! I'm flattered (especially since the first one is my favourite, too) and yes, I get the sense you know exactly where that fox was photographed, clumsy jumping an' everything!

@Kairu That's an amazing shot, perfectly aligned, framed and lit! Stunning stuff, really hope you'll be able to take and share more soon (but no pressure, of course)!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu Yeah same here, plus it usually doesn't cross my mind when I'm trying to avoid getting my head split open to take a screenshot lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Kairu Well, the results you've gotten from your approach can't be argued with, so however you've been using Photo Mode, keep up the good work and enjoy whatever shots you take!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Good grief, for somebody who supposedly struggles with action shots...!!

Those are utterly stunning, and with each one so distinctive from the others, too! I particularly like that second one, the top-down perspective showing Jin's handiwork; that's an angle I rarely think to check. And then the calm of the flute juxtaposed with that massive explosion in the background, brilliant!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu I think I've taken a small handful of birds-eye action shots over the years, but they're very rare, so rare in fact that I think I could count 'em all on a single hand (and, out of literally thousands of Photo Mode screenshots, that's rare)! Like you, I usually stumble into them by total chance.

In fact, the only one I can immediately recall is this, from Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4.

Untitled

Need to get back to Ghost of Tsushima myself, as I've been absent from it this week and have definitely missed my time on the island. Hope you've been having fun!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Well, judging from the evidence you've provided, I'd say you're more than creative enough, but I do know what you mean. It took me a while, too, and remember thinking "Pfft, I'll never use Photo Mode!" in the same way I initially dismissed trophies and having a PSN profile. A lot of very talented folks just don't have the interest or motivation to use Photo Mode whilst gaming, and I understand that; sometimes it's more important to just play the game itself, and I often find that I take way more (and much better) shots on a second playthrough. Having somewhere to share my shots has helped me a lot, too.

And thank you for praising my Spidey shot, by the way! Very kind of you!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Excellent use of filters, and great to see some dedicated environmental shots! Another thing I'm lacking in my own collection. Really beautifully done, especially in that second one!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Yeah, a couple of games have similar filters (all called different things; I think the best name for 'em comes from Jedi: Fallen Order, which has "Red Noir" and "Blue Noir" filters). The developers really picked the right couple of colours to focus on when they went with red and yellow for Ghost of Tsushima, particularly with regards those environmental shots.

Hey, so long as you're enjoying whatever you're playing, that's all that counts! Have never played Bloodborne myself, but its visuals are very striking, as proven by your previous shots!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Thank you! Yeah, that's why I included it in the batch. I took a couple of other shots atop that mountain, looking in the other direction, where everything was green. Turned around, saw mostly red trees and thought to myself, "Yep, that'll be why they included that filter, then!"

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu It'll still be there when you're ready for it. Sometimes you've just gotta let your mood decide which disc you put in which console! That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what you snap!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore That's very kind of you to say, thank you! Glad you like 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic