Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,152

RogerRoger

@RR529 Spooky shots up there; am I right in thinking that's a Fatal Frame game? If so, how the heck did anybody justify a Kingdom Hearts crossover?!

@ishaajo840 Thank you, you're very kind! I've got a bunch more that I'm sorting through, now that I've finished the game, and will share them shortly.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@ishaajo840 Many thanks. You’ll enjoy the rest of this thread!

@RR529 I couldn’t figure out what game this was either. Nice use of the lighting though.

@RogerRoger I missed your second load before but another great set. I hope the arrow parrying shot didn’t take too long as it took me a few goes to get my shot like that! I hope you enjoyed the rest of the game and I look forward to seeing the rest of your shots.

I will try and remember to upload my first batch of Death Stranding pics at some point!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thank you and yes, looking forward to your Death Stranding shots! You'll hate me, but I can't tell a lie; that arrow-parrying shot was my first and only attempt. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no skill involved in capturing what I capture. It's all just luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger That area with all the wisteria in your ninth shot was one of my favourites in the whole game (and puts my poor attempts at growing said plant to shame..)

The background on the fourth shot is great too

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thank you! I've got another shot of that purple hanging tree stuff (that's what I called it and, despite you sharing its proper name, that's what I'll continue to call it) that I'll share later.

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, @Thrillho, yes, the (bottom 4) screens are taken from Fatal Frame V, while the top one is taken from Smash Bros, where one of the characters is an Assist Trophy (non playable characters you can briefly summon to the fight to help you out), thus the opportunity to cross over with Sora.

Fantastic GoT shots by the way. I think that was the game you were playing last time I was in this thread probably a couple months ago. Did you take a break from it & came back, or has it really gripped you for that long?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Oh cool, I didn't realise Smash Bros. made references that wide! Nicely done, capturing it to accompany those great Fatal Frame shots!

And thank you! I did take a long break from Ghost of Tsushima, yes. Almost two months!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

That's the lot of 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Absolutely gorgeous Ghost of Tsushima screencaps! I really like the stylish red and black one.

@RR529 The Project Zero bits in Smash Bros. are creepy enough, so I'm not sure I could play through a proper game in the series! The assist trophy where it stops the screen and shrieks made me jump the first time, not to mention the spirit challenge on the Luigi's Mansion stage.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Thank you! Glad you like 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

And here's my first batch from Death Stranding

Not a suspicious package
Untitled

Untitled

Making America Great Again
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Postman Sam and his big yellow van
Untitled

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Postman Sam is the children’s cartoon crossover I never knew I needed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Cheers; I didn't think that particular shot was anything special but you're right, when I came to sort through everything, it really stood out. I'm glad I took it now!

Your shots from Death Stranding are superb! Foxy will be jealous of the glorious lens flair in that first one, for sure! And is that second one a Photo Mode frame? It's real classy! Love the gnarly film grain applied to the second and third bike shots, as well. Very nicely done!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@nessisonett I keep humming the theme tune in my head when driving the truck around now

@RogerRoger We only try to emulate Foxy when it comes to lens flare shots.. And yes, that's a frame that is quite good fun to play around with. Most of the others less so.

The nicest trick with this photo mode is being able to change Sam's facial expression and pose (and BB's!) so you can play around a bit more, like having him lean against the truck in the last shot. You can even have him turn his head or line of sight towards the camera which allows for some interesting shots. And I'm glad you can appreciate the "noise" on those two bike shots too.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I love it when a Photo Mode allows you to manipulate your character like that. It's quite rare, at least in the games I've played (you can change both expression and pose in Horizon: Zero Dawn and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and just expression in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy). Sounds and looks like Death Stranding is the most comprehensive example of this to date, which is awesome but, with so many great opportunities for shots, it must make progress a little slow-going at times?!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Well, there’s a lot of backtracking in the game so I’ve been forgetting about photo mode a bit seeing as I’ve spent so much time driving up and down the same roads with the same scenery. The scenery is impressive and nicely varied though but pics in vehicles aren’t as much fun (especially the truck).

I still forget to try and get images when I’m combat though as the adrenaline kicks in and thoughts of photo mode go out the window!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I find combat shots easier to get on a second playthrough. You need to be prepared to take hits and maybe even die, in order to focus on Photo Mode timing and angles instead of the actual fight. Either that, or bump the difficulty down to its most insultingly easy level (if it even has difficulty levels)!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic