Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 3,152

Thrillho

@lolwhatno Damn those pizza missions! I did one in the last week where I had to go from the southern most city but had to travel by foot because you also had to carry the champagne by hand.. Thankfully the speedy legs along the road made it go fairly quickly but it was a bit of a chore.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Time for some more Death Stranding pics though. The MAGA hat is gone and has been replaced with something that matches Sam's outfit a bit more.

Untitled

Untitled

Anyone else who ever did the Duke of Edinburgh Award can empathise with this one
Untitled

End of the road
Untitled

Untitled

Keep on keepin' on
Untitled

Just chilling'
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Blimey, that extreme close-up looks brutal, I love it! Particularly right after that dynamic bike shot, as well. Both of them together really stand out! Awesome work!

The rest are great, don't get me wrong, I just really like those first two!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Some of my photos from Happy Home Paradise.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Thanks! I liked the closeup too but was annoyed I had the stupid lines on his face. As I said before, being able to change the expression and then have his eyes looking off to the side to the camera really allows you to play around to get some cool shots. It's just annoying trying to get the aperture and focal distance right when you're that close in..

Another great selection from yourself again too. I especially like how you've managed to get the colours in the second shot, your cropping to bring out the fourth, and then the framing for the sixth as well!

@Anti-Matter Nice shots too, I especially like the darker blue and purple colour palette in the last one.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I'm assuming the lines on Sam's face are some kind of optional skin, then?

And yeah, playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and thinking about how you'd described the features of the Photo Mode in Death Stranding made me wish I could sometimes get Lara to look in a certain direction, because it just adds that extra element to some shots. Extreme close-up shots are also a heck of a fiddle, you're right. I think I've captured a couple of good ones over the years, but not as many as I'd have liked, because they're never guaranteed to come out as intended.

Thanks for your praise! Despite its shortcomings, I do love the Photo Mode in Shadow. I have a couple other batches, which I'll post later in the week once I've sorted through them.

@Anti-Matter Some great interior designs there! I've yet to sample the Happy Home Paradise content, but I'm definitely looking forward to doing so. Thanks for sharing!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

So I have been playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts 3 lately as well as snapping tons of pictures in that game. I'm saving them for this thread when I'm done with the game, but I just couldn't help posting this one right now:

Untitled

That's definitely one kingdom I don't want to visit!

In all seriousness, it really is too bad that Rapunzel's world is called that. Nowadays, seeing something like "Kingdom of Corona" is definitely a big no-no.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Oh dear, that's very unfortunate... and kinda funny.

Apparently there's a beer that shares the same name, and its sales have tanked over the past couple of years as a result. It reminds me of when I was watching Batman: The Animated Series and was suddenly reminded that Catwoman's pet cat used to be called Isis.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Yeah I've heard about the beer as well. There's also a place in Super Mario Sunshine called "Corona Mountain" and I remember when the 3D Mario remastered collection came out last year on Switch and everybody I saw who played the game was like "WHAT?!" because the pandemic was still rather recent at the time.

Nice pics btw! Didn't know you were playing that game now. I can definitely tell the difference in the quality between your pictures and mine because you actually seemed to have utilised the photo mode while I was too lazy to do that lol.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Language is a funny thing. As horrible as these triggering events are, I do kinda love how certain words and phrases can be suddenly reframed almost overnight.

And thank you! Yeah, I've just finished replaying the entire reboot trilogy, back-to-back. It's a testament to the game's visual quality (and your eye) that you didn't need its Photo Mode to frame and capture the impressive, beautiful shots that you previously shared. As demonstrated by each batch I dump, I found it very difficult to walk through most of its environments without stopping to snap!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Also, not a Photo Mode shot, but just got very lucky with the timing!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Tomato_Goose It's a very beautiful game, one I'd always recommend to Photo Mode fans!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Last set. Figured I'd overload this page, so that we can all move on.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

See y'around, Miss Croft.

Making It So Since 1987

Tomato_Goose

@RogerRoger great caps! The second one reminds me of Control - wonderful and beautiful game, even though I completed it before being interested in making any screenshots. And the last one can become a nice wallpaper for a phone, if cropped vertically.

Tomato_Goose

RogerRoger

@Tomato_Goose Thank you! Despite not having played Control myself, I do see what you mean, based on shots others have shared in this topic before. And darn it, you're right! I should've tilted the camera and captured a portrait version of that corridor!

Oh well. I'll take any excuse to play the whole game again!

Making It So Since 1987

Tomato_Goose

Grabbed Tom Clancy's The Division 2 on one of recent sales. Even being designed for PS4 generation it looks cool and has an insane amount of details. Wish Insomniac's Spider Man had such level of details on the ground.

But tbh my screens from there are more abstract, lol.

№1
Untitled
№2
Untitled
№3
Untitled
№4
Untitled
№5
Untitled

Guess, I would post in small portions, so nobody would get tired

Tomato_Goose

RogerRoger

@Tomato_Goose Wow, stunning work! You've got a great eye for a game's environment; I particularly like the last two, very well-framed and coloured. Nicely done, thanks for sharing!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic