Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 3,152

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It is a very nice looking dragon!

They hydra looks brilliant! Especially the 'in mouth' shot

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

I've got like 30-40 pictures on my ps4 at the moment @KALofKRYPTON of just The Dragon from the prologue and opening 😂

Unfortunately it's not a real fight against the hydra... Only a bit of a taster. The actual fight down the line is quite a challenge though thanks to the relatively small room ya have to fight it in!

Those new shots of yours from DOOM Eternal are nice as always. I particularly like the 3rd, 4th and last shots.

The fact they keep wanting to show the DOOM Slayer's face (Like that second shot of yours where you can see through the visor) irks me a little for some reason...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha.
Always room for more dragon pictures.

I quite like that he's not faceless. The way the lore is unfolding is actually a pretty satisfying tale of how we go from Doomguy to the modern Doom Slayer 😊

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

I haven't played any Monster Hunter at all but a Dragon's Dogma collab seems like a no brainer, especially since they own it @WanderingBullet

Makes more sense then Resident Evil!!! 😂

Oh I quite liked DOOM 2016's lore @KALofKRYPTON and I'm pretty certain I'll like what's added in Eternal. I dunno what it is exactly about the showing of his look some more... Maybe it's just the fact he just looks like an ordinary guy and in turn that's a bit generic I guess? 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

WanderingBullet

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, there's the Resident Evil collaboration too.lol The mechanic's actually pretty fun since the monster Vaal Hazak emits a vapor that depletes your health but in the collaboration quest it turns your character into a zombie.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON You stay strong, buddy (although very much looking forward to seeing the results when you eventually do succumb to temptation)! Great shots thusfar. I like the second one in particular.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Loving that hydra! The shot before the "dental work" is my favourite!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha! Thank you. I'm inclined to say that I'm not too far off finishing the first play through, but I'm not sure.
I'm meant to be taking part in some remote pub quiz nonsense tonight...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Pfft. Can you shotgun demons in the face during a pub quiz? I think not!

Although it might depend on the pub...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger exactly!

KALofKRYPTON

I cracked! 😂
Ended up starting way too late for the onslaught of the arena I'd reached and just couldn't nail it, so had some leisurely photo mode time on mission 1.

A few thoughts on the Doom Eternal photo mode then...

It is great having Doom Slayer in third person, and the pose/skin/rotation/horizontal position options are fantastic.

Unfortunately, probably due to the physics of the character model vs the first person view, projectiles and effects do not line up with the Doom Slayer model in third person, which is a bit of a shame.

There are also some missing features from the Doom 2016 photo mode, which I really do hope make a return; there are now no capture modes (cinematic, gritty etc.) and there's no longer an option for the 'dirty lens filter either.

Worse than that, while the frame advance is present in regular gameplay shots, it's no longer there for Glory Kills - again, quite a shame and I hope it gets put in at some point.

The free camera is also rather unwieldy, the zoom, position and FOV options take a little getting used to and the depth of field functions arent particularly great. The camera tends to get stuck on objects frequently, to the point of feeling like a bit of a hassle.

Anyway, all that said - it is a great looking game and it's more than possible to get some decent shots.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Bloody Hell... no, literally!

Sorry to hear that there are limitations to the Photo Mode, at least out of the box; there's always hope for a forthcoming patch. Shadow of the Tomb Raider greatly expanded its Photo Mode a month after release, for example, so it does happen.

That portrait headshot shot is glorious. I can see myself voting for that in this year's contest! Great character stills, too, particularly the second and last, as well as the enemy fifth from bottom.

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Caught using toilet in public without appropriate room. 🤣
Source: Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4
Untitled

Anti-Matter

KALofKRYPTON

@Anti-Matter Regal!

RR529

It's been awhile, but here's a bunch of Switch shots from the games I've played this year (many may have been used in my reviews, though).

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (just started)

Untitled

Untitled

Daemon X Machina

Untitled

Untitled

New Super Lucky's Tale

Untitled

Untitled

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD

Untitled

Untitled

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna

Untitled

Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

A few random screenshots from

Untitled
I always like a good splash screen

Untitled
The myth of the Shining Dragon & Ragnarok

Untitled
Camping on the field

Untitled
The hub town of Marga

Untitled
Marga's Markets

Untitled
Slime Hunting

Untitled
Gae Bolg, the Ice Dracomachina

RR529

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, I played that back in 2018 on Switch. Pretty decent RPG (I loved the character design & being able to transform into a dragon), but it got kind of tiring having to run through previously cleared areas all the time later in the game (that city is the only one in the game, and with it at the southernmost point on the map, you have to constantly push your way through cleared areas in order to reach newer, further north areas as the story progresses after everytime you return to town. There's an item/ability that lets you warp back to town, but not an equivalent one for going back to already visited campsites, meaning you have to foot it to push forward, and at certain points enemies in cleared areas will scale to your level, further slowing down proceedings as you can't just beat them quickly on your way). It's a good game overall though, it just has that big issue holding it back.

Anyhow,

Log: Colonization of Isle Namek - Day 3

Untitled
A few days ago I was brought in on an opportunity of a lifetime. Tom Nook, an entrepreneur with more capital than sense had laid the groundwork in the first steps in his master plan to transform an uncharted island into an urban paradise. Things weren't going as planned however, and despite scraping together a humble base of operations (pictured above), his plans had been delayed weeks as his teams were constantly being infirmed by aggressive wasp attacks during the day, and surprise tarantula attacks at night. He will need my help if his dream is to be achieved, and after working hard all day I have acquired the resources necessary for him to set up a permanent shop, which he should begin construction on tomorrow.

Untitled
After I had developed an antigen effective against the wasps' poison, development had finally started progressing. I have recently been able to subdue large amounts of the native fauna, and as seen above, Blathers (an acquaintance of Nook) has begun construction on a museum in which they can be kept. Finally, the native wildlife can be observed in a controlled, highly organized environment, the way God intended.

Untitled
After the first couple nights, it was clear that a tent wasn't adequate for the living needs of a civilized being. I quickly got to work on permanent housing, and while the surrounding fencing may be crude, it's the first sign that civilization has started to conquer this barren land.

Untitled
On the inside awaits an oasis of modern amenities that quench the soul after toiling away in the unkempt wilderness. While some of my furniture consists of simple designs fashioned out of the surrounding resources (or cardboard boxes repurposed as makeshift tables), I'm lucky to have indoor plumbing, my vinyl record player, & a Nintendo Switch to keep me sane in this harsh environment. Whenever I look at my electric lamp I'm reminded of man's capability to triumph over nature & it gives me the energy I need to press forward the next day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

I've got to the third opus/chapter @RR529 and I've already noticed the enemies scaling up outside the city (Which I don't mind yet as it allowed me to lvl up my new party members more safely)

It's not too bad at the moment with the traversal, reminds me a bit of FFXII, though I could potentially see it getting annoying later on without being able to fast travel to a camp or something.

Got the PS4 version myself a month ago for £15 new... with the launch slipcase too.

Nice Animal Crossing screenshots, not to mention the accompanying tale. The Xenoblade 2 shots are nice from your previous post as well!

HallowMoonshadow

A few more screenshots from Shining Resonance Refrain

Untitled
Bird Hunting

Untitled
Frogger!

Untitled
I'm 30 levels lower then that manticore... Think I can take it?

Untitled
The Shining Dragon

Untitled
His...Holy Splendor?

Untitled
... Yeah this game is pretty cheesy/corny 😂. That IS a guitar that is also an axe. Agnum's pretty decent as a character though

Untitled
A penguin conductor with a musical note for a head?! Fromage has a pretty cute design

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic