Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,152

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Brutal captures; good timing with the Share button! Hope you can continue to make your playthrough last, and that you're still enjoying the game?

And thanks, by the way! That first portrait shot reminded me of your WipEout work a tad.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON Those first and last shots in particular are fantastic! This game really does a great job with its atmosphere.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I am. It really is an fps masterpiece. Challenging, but never unfairly so, silky smooth and sounds as good as it looks 😁

@Tjuz I really, really want to make a Danny Glover Predator 2 joke about that shot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I want to post some captures anyway, so I figured I'd integrate our Animal Crossing discussion with this post.

The owl, Blathers, actually runs a museum that shows off the wildlife our your island, which is predominantly insects and fish. Interestingly, though, Blathers is grossed out by insects, and describes each specimen you turn into him with appropriately harsh language.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And fish with eyes on only one side of their body, apparently:
Untitled

So, in this game, when you're shaking trees, you'll regularly stir up angry wasps once their hives drop out of the trees, and if you're not ready with your net, they'll sting you.
Untitled

My starting villagers (I believe the villagers you start with is random each time) had somewhat different reactions:
Untitled
Untitled

Other screens:

My simple starter house, freshly upgraded from a tent, with only one room:
Untitled

This scary bugger kept jumping me every night and knocking me unconscious until I finally snuck up on it and caught it. Into the museum it goes!
Untitled

Multiplayer fun with my family:
Untitled

A crafting recipe with this curious letter washed up on my island's beach in a bottle:
Untitled

A cute mouse diva I met while exploring another island. She'll start living on my island in a few days:
Untitled

Other shots I liked:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Nice screenshots there @Ralizah of Animal Crossing! It really does look vibrant!

Consider me part of the group that's never quite got Animal Crossing either though I have always thought the character designs are adorable... lt's been interesting to read up on it through your discussion with Rog!

Cheers @RogerRoger & @KALofKRPTON!

Considering the Screenshot tool/Photo mode only has 360° rotation round the character (And sometimes will try to snap/lock into place) a slight zoom in and an option on whether to remove the player character or not I think I did a pretty decent job there if I may toot my own horn 😁

The chimera leap and Snow Harpy shot was actually thanks to you Rog as you mentioned to... me I think(?) about how some of your Horizon pictures are shots you've took before you end up getting hit.

Which... seems so obvious but with the limited camera movement here it really does help create something more dynamic!

And KAL... Those DOOM Eternal shots are just what I expected. The second is quite good in particular, looking a bit... lovecraftian with those tentacles coming down from the sky!

A few more screenshots of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen that I took yesterday

Apologies if the last three (Especially the last one) are rather/too dark... Y'really do need a lantern when it turns to night in this game πŸ˜…

Untitled
Cassardis

Untitled
The Docks Of Cassardis

Untitled
Seabreeze Trail & The Unusual Beach

Untitled
Lightning Strikes The Cyclops

Untitled
Death Roar

Untitled
Illumination

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON A glowing review! Then I hope you can make it last as long as possible!

@Ralizah Well, that's all just adorable. Thanks for the tag!

Blathers looks to be a source of some brilliantly savage burns. I love the cutesy art style; I didn't even recoil in terror from that spider, which is a rarity for me (although the fact that it's a static picture helps a lot). And is that a Switch in your house...? Reminds me of when I started PokΓ©mon SoulSilver and found a Wii in my room! Can you do anything with it, or is it just for show?

Looks like it's got a good sense of humour, and tons of charm. Just as long as you haven't filled your island with crates yet, and Anicotti keeps it down when she moves in!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think it was me, yeah. Just as long as you can take the subsequent hit when you return from Photo Mode, the results can be totally worth it!

Cool new shots there, too. I really like the third, as just a nice postcard of a digital landscape. Also, I don't think that the last three are too dark; finding the wolf's face looming out of the shadows in that final shot is rather effective! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @RogerRoger
It's a game I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I may pick up the pace a bit. I feel like I'll happily go back through hunting collectibles. And the multiplayer does look rather fun 😁

I saw a vid of someone using photo mode, looks brilliant. Not just third person Doom Slayer, but you change his pose, skins, weapon skins, limited positioning and advance animation frames on enemies!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Advancing animation frames is a new one! Never seen a Photo Mode include that before, but now it's a feature I'll forever wish for. Means I wouldn't have to be so precise with my pauses!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Doom 2016 did it too on the glory kill animations.

It's going to be fun!

HallowMoonshadow

Oh wow @KALofKRYPTON Eternal's Photo mode sounds pretty beefy with advancing enemy frames and such! Not to mention I didn't even know the 2016 DOOM had a photo mode

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I had a mess with Doom 2016's before I picked up Eternal, first bunch of Doom shots on page 90 are the 2016 ones.

For the most part, Doom Eternal has better designs all round, but the Revenants are a lot better in 2016.

mookysam

@Ralizah Animal Crossing is adorable.
I love Blathers' reaction whenever I show him a creepy-crawly. πŸ˜‚

Untitled

The museum on my island won't be open until tomorrow, so in the meantime I've been stacking fish and insects.

Untitled

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam Yeah, Blathers' horrified descriptions of insects has been the highlight of the game for me thus far. He described one butterfly as a "snake of the sky" after talking about how their wings technically had scales on them!

The museum is just incredible in this game. It's huge and beautiful. Especially the multiple sections of the aquarium. It's one of the first things in the game that made me thankful it was on (comparatively) powerful home console tech.

@RogerRoger The snark and personality in the writing of this game keeps it feeling fresh, and provides a nice counterbalance to the adorable, child-like presentation of the characters themselves. It's closer to Aggretsuko than it is to Hello Kitty, I guess you could say.

The tarantula actually is terrifying! He jumps you out of nowhere in the darkness (although not since I caught him after getting tired of his attacks) and, when approaching him, he'd rear up on his legs, poised to attack. Genuinely freakier than most horror game enemies.

There's apparently a ghost hanging around the island, although, not playing much at night, I haven't seen him yet.

The Switch actually turns on if you interact with it, and gives that now-iconic clicking noise associated with the console. Most items in the game have some sort of interactivity to them (there was a few delighted minutes when I crafted an ocarina and found out I could actually blow on the thing rapidly and even hold notes for painfully long periods of time!). The original Animal Crossing actually had NES games you could find, and, in a supremely brilliant move (remember, this was before the Wii and their Virtual Console), it allowed you to play fully functional NES games WITHIN Animal Crossing.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Recent entries have been pretty adorable. I'm of the opinion that the GameCube original was ugly as sin, though. And that was on a console that gave us REmake and Super Mario Sunshine, with its really impressive (at the time) water effects. The NDS one was kind of ugly as well. I think it took Nintendo a while to find a style that really worked with the series.

But yeah, the entire world is hugely cute in New Horizons, and, at times, characters nearly approach the toy-like quality that distinguished the Link's Awakening remake.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Nintendo have surprised me more than once with sudden, cutting doses of sarcasm. It's not something I ever expected to see, given their wider public reputation. Perhaps that's thanks to localisation, as I understand Japanese humour is a little less ageist.

Oh, okay! Thanks for the warning! I'll make sure my partner catches him before I arrive, then! Ghosts I can just about handle, especially since I doubt we're talking about the girl from The Ring here.

I'm glad the Switch is more than just window-dressing, even in a limited way. I'd never expect something like the original game's NES (which sounds incredible, by the way; reminds me of how you could buy a MegaDrive / Genesis controller from the shop in Sonic Generations, and use it to play his first game on a console you could find), not nowadays when retro rakes in the big bucks. Neat that you can make an ocarina, though! I wonder how many other easter eggs they've snuck in?

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Some leftover shots I didn't use in my ADR1FT review.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oh that looks nice!

RogerRoger

@Ralizah No, it's a normal game on PS4. Might've been VR on PC, perhaps? Although its constant movement might've had to undergo some tweaking.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Few from tonight's Doom Eternal session. Bloody hell was I tempted to go back to completed missions and use photo mode!
Staying strong! πŸ˜‚

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

HallowMoonshadow

A few more screenshots from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Untitled
The Dragon... Again.
I could seriously post pictures of just the dragon... I love his design πŸ˜‚

Untitled
Rage Of The Cyclops

Untitled
The Hydra Appears

Untitled
A Fearsome Foe

Untitled
Hydra Dental Work

Untitled
Defeated?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic