Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,585

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That said - hopefully the mental ship hasn't sailed on my interest, as I ended up stumbling upon a review of the Colony Wars series on YouTube last night. It's been ages, so I might just start a game of that!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

I know it is not technically retro but I don't want to start raising dead threads. Does anyone have any recommendations of good stores in UK or Europe for physical Vita games? Largely western as opposed to Asia titles? I've got the collecting bug and want to pick up some physical copies of games but prices are already starting to jump quite high. Can be second hand.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego Vita stuff is on the rise again.

There have been a few peaks & troughs over the years - but it seems the market is pretty much on the rise for good now.

Other than any local independent who carry old stock - Cash Generator types and CEX are your best bet in the UK.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I know what you mean. For example, the current going second hand price for Persona 4 Golden is £28 or so at CEX and a few other outlets. Even more common titles like Uncharted are going beyond £15.

Ah well, just goes to show my feeling that Vita is going to turn into a niche collectors console is correct.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Rudy_Manchego in fairness to P4G, at least it's remained consistently close to retail prince since release.

Yeah, the likes of Uncharted going past 13 quid is pretty telling.

Tjuz

The used games I bought online arrived in good condition, woo! Shame about your order though, @KALofKRYPTON. I hope it will be an isolated incident, or that you can find the same games in better condition elsewhere.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz Good news!

I think I have found a couple of good ones.

Ralizah

Just purchased Celeste on the Nintendo Switch. It dropped to my desired price point of $9.99, and it recently got one last DLC update adding a ton of levels, so it seemed like a waste not to get it. I doubt it'll be going any lower in price any time soon.

I think I might wait until I get a Switch Lite later in the year to play it, though. This'll be the perfect game to break in a brand new dedicated handheld with a proper D-Pad!

The coolest thing? I paid for almost all of it with Gold Coins. It only cost ten cents of my actual eshop credit.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah I do mean to get around to playing Celeste at some point!

@RogerRoger
PS2 ebay purchases success!
The Indy case isn't the best, but the cover, disc and manual are all acceptable. Elite Force is in very nice condition all round though. It even still has the Codemasters promo in the box

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Awesome! I was hoping they'd work out and yeah, I love finding original promotional fluff in old games. I was almost as excited to find a 1999 LucasArts Catalogue in my PC copy of The Phantom Menace the other week than I was to install and play the game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oooooh - that's a nice 'get'!

Did you ever get that N64?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Nope. Not yet, anyway. Since I've been having more success with retro PC gaming of late, I don't feel the burning need right away. Will get around to it eventually, I'm sure.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Fair.

Are you going to get Shadows of the Empire?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Shadows of the Empire is available on GOG.com for a fiver. Since the PC version presumably runs better than its console brethren, I'll likely get it from them (Limited Run Games did make it available recently, but only on N64... and my trust in them has been shaken, as I was promised Bounty Hunter would ship in August and yet here we are, halfway through September and still not a peep). Why'd you ask? Do you think it's worth it?

At this point, especially since I got Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis from GOG as well, there are only two games I'm interested in that I'd need an N64 to play, namely GoldenEye 007 and The World is Not Enough. I'm not in a big enough Bond mood at the moment for those to be a priority.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I'd persevere with Limited Run. I've never had any issue with them other than the occasional late shipment. I should think with all of the extra parties involved with manufacture and the like with the Star Wars stuff, they've probably hit some snags. Crap if they haven't updated you though 🙄

Just curious really. I loved the whole Shadows of the Empire thing, it was pretty clever for the time. I really liked the game, but it is actually really shoddy and horrible to control. I'd have thought the PC game will be a tough one to get running properly under Windows 10 outside of Steam, but you never know.

I thought I might plant a seed of obsession to play the first real extended universe crossover, as SotE has a 'crossover' mission with X-Wing Alliance 😉

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Will do, ta, and fair point. At the very least, it'll help me to manage my expectations if and when I order any future releases from them, Star Wars or otherwise. I've also got Red Faction coming from them, but that's not due for a while yet.

I've got the comic book and soundtrack from the Shadows of the Empire multimedia event (and read the novel back in the day). It's a cracking little story and I'm keen to try the game, so I'll let you know how it goes as and when. I think I preferred The Force Unleashed as an "everything but the movie" event, but there's certainly some kudos for Shadows being the first of its kind.

You think I need help with the words "Star Wars" and "obsession"...? Have you MET me before?!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😂😂
Just keep in mind, that while very endearing, Shadows of the Empire is a janky mess apart from the in space sections.

As I say, outside of Steam, I expect it's probably another hard one to get running properly on modern hardware.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Games from GOG are usually pretty good. They'll only put up stuff that works without too much hassle. I've been surprised by stuff like Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight (1997) which my partner had working for me on a Windows 10 laptop last year.

Anything to keep away from Steam. Yuck.

Making It So Since 1987

darkswabber

I had a lot of spare €0,20 cent coins and happened to be in a CEX so I decides to buy all FIFA’s and PES’ that cost €0,50. Ended up buying FIFA 08 to 14 and PES 2008 to 2012 for ps3.

Also bought the darkness and terminator salvation for ps3, fable 3 and halo 3 ODST for 360 and return to castle wolfenstein: operation resurrection for ps2 at a flea market.

darkswabber

PSN: darkswabber | Twitter:

Zukato

Acquired Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura as well as the Japanese version of The Legend of Dragoon.

Edited on by Zukato

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaHoly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic