Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 2,436

Bundersvessel

Played a few hours of Planet of Lana and it seems like a really special game. The whole experience is really polished and the art style and soundtrack are stunning. So far there have been plenty of puzzle sections of varying difficulty. Looking forward to getting further into what has already been positive experience 👍

Friendly Neighbourhood Discord

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

PSN: Bundersvessel

BearsEatBeets

Richard Ayoade is a giant in Fable! Xbox might actually have something interesting to me.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

New star Wars game gameplay at Ubisoft show tomorrow. Xbox show off to a good start.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Triumph741

Starfield has a much bigger scope than anything Sony can do. Respect!

Triumph741

LtSarge

Decent showcase overall. Lots of promising games but not enough gameplay or release dates to make me feel excited right now.

I do have to say that I was very impressed by the amount of Japanese content in the showcase.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Sony kinda got absolutely wrecked this year. That Xbox show makes me wish I had an Xbox, my laptop’s not up to scratch for a lot of those games now. Genuine diversity with game genres and artstyles, with a mix of cinematic stuff, gameplay trailers and games out the end of this year. Starfield’s looking like a game I would inhale like crack as well, I can’t believe how good it looks.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Triumph741

Wow. The showcase for Starfield just keeps showing more stuff lol

Triumph741

FuriousMachine

@nessisonett I agree, this showcase blew Sony's out of the water, in my opinion. Lots of cool stuff! Apart form Starfield, though, none of the exclusives made me feel the need for an Xbox... but, damn, Starfield, if it delivers and manages to avoid being a buggy mess, then that is a must-have for me.
I have budgeted for a new, solid PC rig next spring and that may be enough to run Starfield properly, fingers crossed. By then, the game should have been patched nicely, too

FuriousMachine

Ralizah

Microsoft delivered a proper showcase. This is what I wanted from Sony.

Glad I updated my PC, although I expect my rig will still just barely keep up with Starfield at 60fps with lowered settings.

September - December are looking to be busy Game Pass months for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Yeah, after watching that showcase it's clear Xbox is the place to be if you're into WRPGs. It's just... that's not me.

Cool that they nabbed some Japanese announcements, though as they all seem to be multiplat it doesn't mean much in terms of winning someone over who already has a PC, PS5, etc.

Solid show though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@ManifoldCuriosity I didn't spot many GaaS to be honest. Payday 3 and then new expansions for the Bethesda MMOs? Obligatory OW2 trailer maybe. None of the big announcements were for random new IP GaaS like the Sony one was full of.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bundersvessel

Starfield looks like more than I could have expected so made up with that. Bethesda confirmed to be looking at locked 4k/30fps which I’m totally fine with to be honest although they’re losing their minds over on PXB along with the early access upgrade 🤷‍♂️

Ayoade is the new Stephen Fry for Fable then? Made my day hearing his voice.

Still Wakes the Deep, Jusant, Kunitsu-Gami: Path Of The Goddess, Avowed and South of Midnight all look potentially great and have my attention.

Solid showcase and looking forward to more games than i can possibly play 😂

Friendly Neighbourhood Discord

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

PSN: Bundersvessel

KilloWertz

@AgentCooper I can slightly understand the disappointment with the lack of a performance mode in Starfield. It is what it is for me as I'm not sure if I'm going to play it or not (I'll wait for reviews and if I even have time anyways with so many other games on PS5), but the complaining about the early access upgrade stuff is ridiculous. I guess in all fairness though it seems to only be themightyant. Otherwise it seems rather calm.

I didn't even watch the Starfield Direct because I know there's a chance I won't even play it, but I will likely at least skim through that presentation at some point.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

I still haven’t watched the show but glad to hear that Starfield seems to be living up to the expectations… and that most people seem to be happy with what was shown. I’ll be checking out the highlights as and when I have a spare 5 minutes.

I doubt that I’ll be placing an order for a Series X just yet though tbh. I’ll wait to see how these first party single player games turn out before I make any purchasing decisions.

**** DLC!

MaulTsir

Starfield looks great to be fair will be really interested to see how it gets on at release, I really do hope it's atleast a solid game but it does have the possibility to be an outstanding game if done properly, that and Fable (one of my favourite games ever and one of the reasons I had an xbox in the first place) could entice me to get a series s or x but I will wait for the game releases first, Fable could go one of 2 ways so I won't get my hopes up just yet. Hellblade 2 is one I'm disappointed isn't coming to PS I really enjoyed the first but the rest of the show wasn't that impressive, I guess where just used to disappointing shows that much now that a half decent one gets called amazing, most other stuff was 3rd Party and a few other games that I personally didn't have much interest in. I know we all have different tastes and opinions and I'm glad people have some games to look forward to but if Starfield doesn't live up to expectations Xbox is basically back to where it was a few months ago and that is something I hope doesn't happen.

MaulTsir

KAIRU

Richard Ayoade was the highlight of the Xbox Showcase and no-one can convince me otherwise.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Pizzamorg

I'm surprised to see so much positivity around the Xbox show. We saw plenty of cool concepts, sure, but that is all they were. Concepts. We saw barely any actual gameplay, and the gameplay we did see of things like Avowed just looked kinda rough to me. Especially if you are assuming this was heavily curated to show the best the game has to offer.

I get that Xbox fans feel like they are starving, but I dunno if we needed a showcase that suggestions that prime Xbox might still be a good year or more away.

I get we saw more detail for Starfield but I dunno man. Cyberpunk 2077 burned me really like nothing else ever did, left me with scars, man. I see Starfield, the ambition, the scale, the leaps and I want to believe and be really positive and excited, but this feels like it is hitting all of the Cyberpunk 2077 hype bingo boxes. I feel like every declaration they made, CDPR also made about Cyberpunk 2077 in the lead up to that games release. I just can't go through this again.

I guess since this is on Gamepass you have less to lose, but I kinda wanna try and control my hype and expectation until they've actually landed the plane. If you are excited, my intention is not to ***** on your party, I'm genuinely happy you are excited and I won't stop you being excited, but I'm just too fragile at this point. 😂

Life to the living, death to the dead.

LtSarge

@Pizzamorg The showcase actually reminds me of Xbox's 2020 showcase. During that one, they showed a lot of footage but very little gameplay. I remember people not liking that one but for some reason there was a lot of positivity for this one. Just look at the comments from back then: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/07/poll_how_would_you_grad...

So I find it a bit odd as well because most of the first-party titles are still years away. I mean, games like State of Decay 3 and Fable that were announced in 2020 still haven't come out yet. Imagine announcing a game 3+ years before it comes out. Absolutely insane. That will probably also be the case for titles like Clockwork Revolution and South of Midnight that were announced yesterday, i.e. they won't be out until 2026 at the earliest.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Pizzamorg

It is weird too @LtSarge because we also have hindsight now. In 2020 it was the pandemic, a fresh generation of consoles, wide eyed optimism of a new suite of games with all the time in the world to play them.

Look how that turned out.

A lot of the biggest releases at that Xbox show that were exclusive to the platform were either not very good, or are still not out yet. I guess Xbox fans are so tired of being miserable that they are just hyping that show and I guess power to them, it might turn out differently this time and obviously I hope it does!

But I won't say I have any extra confidence than I did going into this show, in fact I might actually have less.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic