Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,436

BAMozzy

@S1ayeR74 Difficult to know exactly what is the 'best' route as Game will often give you less money unless they take it as part of a trade-in deal. Overall, they could offer more than £50 difference across the Hardware and Software to make it the better option but until you find out, even speaking to them and say you'd rather have the 'money' because you can get £50 off at JL may help you get a 'better' deal at game too.

As for a 'new' PS5 round the corner, its entirely possible - whether its a Slim design without a Disc Drive (but an optical port to add one) but still a 'regular' PS5 in terms of Specs or a PS5 'Pro' with upgraded specs, again you'll never know for certain. You could be waiting another year to get something 'new' but also could 'buy' a PS5 and get home to find out a 'new' design is coming later.

Anything I can say would be purely speculating - speculating that Game won't offer £50 difference between trade in against a PS5 (or Store Credit) versus giving you the 'Cash' to spend elsewhere, speculating on the likelihood of Sony making a 'new' PS5 etc. The best way to get money for your Series X and bundle of accessories, games etc is to sell it privately as you'll get closer to the full value of your gear. Game can't/won't offer anywhere near 'full' value - you'll get between 50% and maybe 75% of what its worth because they need to make money on it and can't sell it for 'more' than its worth so have to offer a less - but if you trade with Game, they can probably 'reduce' the Cost of PS5 and offer a 'bit more' in trade in value because overall they get the trade which gives them profits from sales of the hardware to you and not seeing 'money' going out on 'used' gear that may not sell immediately to bring in 'revenue'.

If you aren't in any particular Hurry, you could put it on Ebay as a 'buy it now' bundle (maybe even accept offers too) around its 'true' used value as a bundle and if it doesn't sell in the next couple of weeks, then consider your other options - like Game for example. Maybe waiting will also give you more 'information' regarding a potential 'new' PS5 too - if its coming Sept/Oct time this year, you'd expect to hear something within the next month or two. With the Summer Game Festival season coming, its more likely to be 'confirmed' around then if its coming at all...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

S1ayeR74

@BAMozzy Thanks, makes sense. I’ll have a think. Not sure what it’s value is really? I’ll have a look on eBay and see what they go for. I don’t want a Pro model as it’ll cost more. But from what you say I guess selling in eBay and a discount at JL could be the best value route to go. In two minds at the moment. But no Gears seems to be coming soon and State Of Decay 3 is MIA still, and they will be in Xcloud anyway.

S1ayeR74

BAMozzy

@S1ayeR74 Selling yourself is always going to be the 'best' way to go as you'll get much closer to its full value as opposed to selling it to a store who also have to make money and therefore will never offer true value. It's often a trade between getting rid of everything as quickly as possible to get something quickly in return (some cash or another product) instead of maybe having to wait until it sells privately and therefore not being able to get your 'alternative' as quickly.

As for Xbox games, you don't 'need' a Series X unless it offers the level of performance/visual quality you want to play those games at and/or can't afford anything 'better'. Its not like Playstation where you need a PS5 to play their First Party games day/date and that is the 'ONLY' level at which you can play.

The Cloud may well offer you the opportunity to play SoD3, Gears, Redfall, Forza, Starfield, Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2 etc etc, if you can only 'stream' them, you are basically playing at a 'entry' tier - at best 1080p (720p on mobile networks) and 60fps at best with increased Latency/Lag (even if its less than 10ms) and Streaming Compression artefacts (blocky looking shadows or gradients are common examples). So compared to playing Games on a PS5 (or Series X as its 'equivalent'), it's like going back a generation and not the 'best' way to play.

Of course, if you have a decent PC/Laptop for example, then you can use these to 'run' the games natively anyway. You don't 'need' an Xbox Console - it just depends on whether or not they offer the best bang for buck for what you will use them for. A Series S is perfectly good enough if you don't want/need more than 1080p res and can be found 'cheap' used too if you just want 'something' to play Xbox exclusives on and has a much bigger Library of games than 'Cloud' as well as access to all 'digital' games you may own inc GwG games that may not be 'streamable' - its the entry hardware tier, but does offer advantages over Cloud....

But ultimately, if you want to switch to PS5, its better to sell everything yourself as you'll get the most money back that way. If JL can sell them £50 less, chances are Game may well be able to Price Match too - especially if you are trading in something they could potentially make that money back on (or more) but you won't know until you 'try'...

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

themcnoisy

@Ralizah sounds like you are addicted to the rewards Ral. Keeping achievements for the dailies is the number 1 sign.

Three great leftfield recommendations for everyone in the thread;

Turnip boy commits tax evasion - 4 hours
Opus echoes of starsong - 12 hours
Chained echoes - 45 hours

All of them are great!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy Definitely. I'm even consistently hitting the daily achievement for collecting a trophy.

Microsoft Rewards is, far and away, my favorite reward system that I engage with. I wish Sony and Nintendo had an equivalent.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

colonelkilgore

In before the “it’s fine as it’s free on Gamepass” comments.

**** DLC!

CaptD

Sad to see as Arkane was one of my favourite developers although I am very unlikely to ever play an Arkane title again.
I do wonder if some of the core talent left (the new studio made Weird west), fingers crossed for Xbox fans that their next title is back to top form.

CaptD

Pizzamorg

colonelkilgore wrote:

This is all I have left you can't take this from me 😂

Life to the living, death to the dead.

colonelkilgore

Pizzamorg wrote:

colonelkilgore wrote:

This is all I have left you can't take this from me 😂

👏 bravo!

**** DLC!

LtSarge

It's absolutely amazing how fast my hype for Xbox went up and then down during these past few years. I was completely on board with Game Pass initially but now it's become completely uninteresting to me due to lack of first-party releases. Even when new releases come out, like Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall, I just don't feel like playing them because my hype has completely died down now after having waited over a year for something new to play.

It doesn't help either when you see a review like the above one. We'll have to see what the rest of the reviews say about Redfall.

LtSarge

Ralizah

Redfall was already looking pretty bleh in preview footage, so it won't be a huge surprise if it doesn't review well. Although I guess we'll know for sure tonight.

TBH I really like Game Pass. I think it's a great value for what it offers. Especially considering I can get it for free with my Microsoft Rewards points. Microsoft's first-party support still sucks, but as anyone who owned an Xbox One can probably attest, the same has been true for a while now.

I just really, really hope Starfield turns out well. As a Wii U owner, I know what it's like for your preferred platform to collect Ls like raindrops in a thunderstorm.

Ralizah

64 on Metacritic so far. A 6/10 from Pure Xbox.

edit: nvm, it's down to 62 now. The number is in freefall as more reviews flood in!

Edited on by Ralizah

Pizzamorg

At first I was like... hey a 6 is actually kinda better than I expected, then I saw almost all of the major publications are still unscored, so be prepared for a massive swing in one direction.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Bundersvessel

I’ve only managed 15 mins so far. Stuck on a boat. Lots to read and pick up, so far so par for the course. Hopefully get some more time with it later, couldn’t give a toss about review scores to be fair.

Friendly Neighbourhood Discord

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

PSN: Bundersvessel

BAMozzy

Not a bad score for what seems more like a 'Beta' release - another unfinished release that needs more work. It was becoming more 'obvious' more time was 'needed' when 60fps Performance mode was 'delayed' and it seems they still couldn't 'fix' all the basic bugs/glitches in time...

Ralizah

I don't really see the game going under 60. Generally anything that's not unplayable tripe stays above that mark.

The Xbox Series X subreddit is pretty angry at the moment.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

I would like to find the guy who bought a physical copy to see if that 60fps sticker thing was for real, though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KilloWertz

@Ralizah I would be too if I was still an Xbox fan at all. The empty promises continue now that the wait for the major turnaround continues since Redfall is a bust in the grand scheme of things.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic