Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 2,436

nomither6

@stvevan yeah , i wouldn’t think pushsquares sister site would be like the rest but i shouldn’t be surprised . there was an article i commented on about a sqeenix game skipping Xbox and i said something along the lines of “xbox players don’t buy their games” as the reason for it happening , and I basically got accused of being a Playstation fanboy for that . like , how ?? 💀

nomither6

nomither6

@KilloWertz this honestly was a thing before the buyout drama happened though . Of all people Xbox fanboys should be the last ones with a grudge for anything , when it was M$ that started the whole “pay to use your own internet for online” BS , and the only reason they even came into the market was to overtake $ony , not because they actually cared about gaming

and to this day out of the big 3 , no other brand has screwed their user base over harder then M$ , but i digress .

i play games on whatever i want , i don’t care what the platform is so it’s all a joke to me

nomither6

KilloWertz

@nomither6 Yeah, but it has resurfaced and become a bigger deal again because of the buyouts. It's absurd given how poorly Microsoft ran Xbox for so long, but it's no surprise that (especially the Activision buyout drama) the fanboy division between Xbox and PlayStation owners has gotten a bit more heated over the last several months.

I tend to mostly game on my PS5, but I do own a Switch and a Series X. I do tend to like their games more, and now that I've gotten into playing JRPGs more, another perk is that there are a lot more JRPGs to play on PS4/PS5 than Xbox. The biggest reason why I prefer gaming on one console the most is because of last gen, where I was bouncing between the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X a good amount, causing me to be stupid and buy several games on both consoles. Keeping things on one console for the most part will help keep things from getting out of hand this generation, whether it was mostly my own fault last generation or not.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nomither6

@KilloWertz of course the deal heated things up , i was just saying that basically - Xbox fanboys never change, they just get worse 😂

“ Keeping things on one console for the most part will help keep things from getting out of hand this generation, ”

i dunno man , i adored 6th and 7th gen for the opposite reason . there was a reason to have all 3 and damn were those reasons justified . PS2/XBOX/Gamecube all amazing . PS3/360/Wii all amazing .

nomither6

Kidfried

I think I'd still be content if I only owned an Xbox. They didn't miss out on the GOTY, and they had a unique lineup of exclusive games between Vampire Survivor, Immortality and Pentiment. And Xbox also finally got some ports of older third party games. So if you've been an Xbox only owner, 2022 might actually be one of your best gaming years in quite a while.

I see no reason to diss the Xbox and nor should any Xbox player have a reason to hate on PlayStation really.

Kidfried

Tasuki

I will be honest I have always been a multi brand gamer, back in the 90s I had both a Nintendo and Genesis, in the 2000s I had a Nintendo and PS. What it comes down to for me is what console has the game I want to play. If I want to play God of War I will get a Playstation, if I want to play say Gears of War I will get an Xbox if I want a Mario game I get Nintendo. I dont get people who cry that this console gets that game and that console has that game. If you want to play that game just buy the console.

I don't get video game fanboys at all no other product to people fight so much then video games. You don't see people calling each names and trolling each other just because they like Pepsi over Coke or McDonalds over Burger King or Dodge over Chevy.

Right now I will admit I am willing to give my money to Xbox and Nintendo then Sony but that's for a few reason. The biggest is I am not going to support Sony till they get rid of Jim Ryan. And the other nothing really interests me on PS5 right now. I am not really into big epic movie like games that Sony is known for. But that's mainly cause I don't have time for a game like that.

But yeah, I just don't get video game fanboys.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Bentleyma I'm playing Vampire Survivors on my tablet. After a couple of days I was struggling to see what all the fuss was about. Then it clicked last night (basically after I unlocked some goodies and enough gold to purchase some upgrades), and damn it is so addictive.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Bentleyma Every visit to the toilet is a session on the game!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KilloWertz

@nomither6 You're not wrong that those two generations were special and you needed multiple consoles then, but like I said, it's partially to keep my own stupidity in check. I'm not afraid to call myself out when it's warranted.

If Microsoft never bought Bethesda, things would be a little different this generation. For non-Nintendo gaming, somebody could have easily gotten by with just a PS5 and not miss out on a whole lot until they bought Bethesda. Outside of PlayStation exclusives and Final Fantasy, a lot of the games are available on both outside of those games being exclusive to Xbox now. Regardless though, even though it would make me appear to be a fanboy when I am not, there is a nice simplicity to mainly gaming on one platform like I am right now.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

stvevan

its far cheaper and easier to own a ps5 and XSS, stack GPU with gold conversion, PSplus on a sale and enjoy everything on offer than worry about spending 70 on a game or missing out

stvevan

LtSarge

I think it goes both ways in terms of fans hating on a brand. Some people here dislike Xbox and some people over at PureXbox hate PlayStation. It's just how it's always been.

Personally, I dislike Sony as a company and I don't like Jim Ryan as a leader. But I love PlayStation as a brand. On the other hand, I like Microsoft as a company and I like Phil Spencer as a leader. But I don't like the Xbox brand as much as PlayStation. I haven't touched my Series X in months, while I've been using my PS5 every day since I got it almost two weeks ago.

I'm glad though that I finally own all three current-gen consoles now. It's nice to not feel that I'm missing out on anything. Even though I'm not playing much on my Series X now, I'm glad that I have replaced my old base Xbox One that was so outdated and that I can play so many of my old games on it.

The only issue is that Xbox is severely lacking in new must-play exclusives, unlike PlayStation. 2022 was an absolute disaster for Xbox and the lack of new exclusives contributed to the lack of enjoyment of my new system. I really wanted to play titles like Forza Motorsport, Redfall, Starfield and Stalker 2 last year but all of them got delayed to this year instead. It's also crazy to think that without the Bethesda acquisition, Xbox would have even less exclusives this year. Absolutely mental how long it's taking for the Xbox Game Studios to come out with new games. Once Microsoft starts to actually pump out compelling exclusives though, that's when my Series X will finally get more use.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

BAMozzy

I don't disagree that MS, the 'last' big company to join the Console market and survive and ran it as a Separate side project, certainly made mistakes and under Don Mattrick, probably made the biggest mistakes with XB1 and started that era with just a handful of Studio's - Rare, 343, the Coalition and Turn 10. Certainly weren't releasing games and were practically relying on 3rd Parties to 'boost' their line-up. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall etc as well as had timed exclusivity and marketing with CoD - which may of helped them 'compete' but as we know, the PS4 pulled well ahead and never slowed down.

Under Phil Spencer, Xbox was merged into Microsoft instead of being run as a side project. To 'compete', they needed to build up their IP's, their Studio's and their own 'exclusives'. Not just with Sony, but also all the other big Publishers who Compete with their OWN IP's too. It makes sense for a Company to buy those with IP's and Publishing Rights as it immediately starts to recuperate those costs as EVERY game still 'selling' goes to the Publisher, which is now 'owned' by another company. Just buying a Studio takes a LOT longer as they need time to create 'new' IP's and that not only costs time but money too.

Under Phil, Xbox now has 'no' exclusives in theory as all games release day/date on PC and can be played on many devices too - even Valves 'Steam' (another Platform) has Xbox releases. Of course for 'Console ONLY' gamers, that doesn't matter so in that market, MS needs 'IPs' to pull people into Xbox and it 'helps' more if those are more well known IPs or Studios.

I have ALWAYS needed multiple Hardware to play 'every' game I want. Even if I had the best Gaming PC with the 'biggest' Library of games available, I'd still need a PS5 to play Playstation Exclusives day and date. I cannot and never have been able to 'make do' with a Single Platform as I'd miss out. Admittedly, during the last gen, I probably could have 'coped' with just a PS4 as MS 'switched' Management, switched from relying on 3rd Party IP's they had little/no control over, Xbox switched from being 'just' a Console and completely changed strategy to 'compete'. PS5 is still 'dominating' sales, there is still the conversation about Xbox 'needing' Games. They own Minecraft, the biggest selling game ever, but that IP isn't bringing people in to Xbox.

Nearly 5yrs ago, MS added the 'first' 5 Studios - 2 'small' independent Studios (Compulsion and Undead Labs), Playground (who only made Forza Horizon at the time), Ninja Theory (who had just rented out 'most' of their Studio for Hire to help 3rd Parties build their games and bring in 'money' to fund a 'small' team to make Hellblade) and created the Initiative. a few months later added Double Fine, Obsidian and inXile. Most had games in development and promised/contracted to release on Playstation and have released games since MS took over - just not necessarily Exclusives due to contracts/promises.

But in those 5yrs, we have seen We Happy Few (released just before Compulsion joined and haven't seen their 'next' game) and State of Decay 2 (released just after Undead joined), FH4 and FH5 + DLC have released since Playground joined and building Fable from Scratch, Ninja Theory released Bleeding Edge (not exactly successful) and Perfect Dark is in development from Scratch by the Initiative/Crystal Dynamics. Obsidian have released the Outer Worlds, DLC, Pentiment and Grounded, InXile released Wastelands 3 and DLC and Double Fine released Psychonauts.

5yrs is about the time it took Guerrilla to make a Sequel to Horizon:ZD and GoW:R took nearly 5yrs too - Sequels that can use lots of Assets from its 'predecessor', lots of work that can carry over. Ghost of Tsushima took 6yrs to make from Scratch, yet people expect Microsoft to make AAA games of similar Quality and Polish in a 'year' or two - despite the fact that most games are taking 'years'. The new Forza is supposedly built from Scratch too and that's taken nearly 6yrs now so unless you want some 'short' indie scale game they can knock out in a few years or so, AAA games are taking LONG time so I don't understand why people expect MS owned Studios to be any different.

In 2021 - just 2yrs ago now - MS acquired Zenimax and their Studios but also had contracts to honour for the next two releases - both honoured now - so now we can start to see Exclusives coming from that purchase as Studios. That is helped by the fact that some Studios had games in development not contracted/promised to Playstation so they could 'cancel' any further PS development and therefore not have to wait 5yrs+ for them to make AAA games from scratch after acquiring them to bring 'exclusives' to Xbox.

Whether MS will 'compete' with PS5 on Sales with their line-up, I don't know and wouldn't think so. Even when the A/B deal goes through in a few months, that won't change the narrative of Xbox and Playstation has a 'proven' track record. People are still thinking that MS has no games and all those 'in development' are unknown, not yet a 'must have' to compete against Award Winning IP's, Critical and/or commercial successes. God of War (both), Horizon (both) will entice gamers more than Hellblade 2 or Starfield because they are 'known' Award winning games compared to 'unknowns' that may/may not be 'good' so less certainty.

I think that you need to look to the 'next' gen - will you choose Playstation with their IP's - Spider-Man, Wolverine, GoW, Horizon, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Last of Us, R&C, Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, Factions etc etc or will you choose Xbox with their IP's - Starfield, Redfall, Forza, Gears, Halo, Elder Scrolls, Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed, State of Decay etc and it will depend on Public perception at that time. Obviously CoD will unlikely be an IP you'll consider as it will likely remain Multi-plat - perhaps like Minecraft or Destiny from Sony but MS still needs to 'prove' they can 'compete' on Quality, not just Quantity so we will see if their 'exclusives' compete for Awards and/or critically successful.

I know that I'll probably 'need' a Playstation 6, but I don't know if I'll want or buy a new Xbox though as I could invest in a decent PC set-up and use that for 'everything' and keep the PS6 for any ONLY on Playstation games. I am more concerned about Amazon owning Tomb Raider than 'Sony' or 'MS' buying up Studio's, IP's etcs they may use TR to get people into their Gaming ecosystem...

I have always needed multiple devices and if there are at least 2 'very' strong platforms competing with each other, we as Consumers 'benefit'. Yes you may 'want' a Single Platform to cater to your gaming needs as its easier but competition keeps prices competitive, keeps innovation and pushing each other to be 'better' to attract 'more' consumers.I doubt you'd have Back Compat on Playstation if it wasn't for Xbox last gen or aking PS+/PSNow more 'compelling' without Game Pass, wouldn't have Trophies etc so competition is important.

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

@Bentleyma It's a little absurd. I have a GPU sub, full of decent premium games, and I've spent the last month being utterly addicted to Vampire Survivors. A game that currently costs... what, $5? I think I've largely finished it now, but I keep playing because another thing it's good for is achievement harvesting, which is important for some Microsoft Rewards.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nomither6

@KilloWertz true , the excessive clutter and cost can be an issue; wouldn’t call it stupidity , i can relate. i still get excited seeing multiple different retro consoles at stores and from peoples collections , it’s like i want them all and want to play them at once . it just comes with being a gamer 😃

i agree that it’s also nice to keep things at a minimum . i have my PS5, switch, and PC all in one area and it still feels like too much haha .

nomither6

Bentleyma

@Ralizah If I turn my Xbox Series S on I’ll play a few rounds before I play anything else. I also downloaded it on my phone to play at work!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Ralizah

@Bentleyma When I went on vacation recently, I played it via Xbox game streaming to maintain my daily Game Pass login achievement. The quality and lag were usually awful, of course, because I never have luck with game streaming no matter where I go or what I play on, unfortunately.

Thankfully, once you know the upgrades to grab, bad lag and video quality largely won't interfere with the success of a run.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

S1ayeR74

Hi, wasn’t sure where to post this.

I am thinking if trading in my Series X but was after some advice. I have its box, it’s good condition, it has the original controller, rechargeable battery and the 1 terabyte storage card.
I’ll be including some games too and all its cables.

Now, my dilemma, if I do this I’ll be getting a PS5. So my questions:

I can get a discount of £50 of a PS5 from John Lewis, however, would that be worth it if I trade my console in at Game? Would the value Game would give me if I got a PS5 from them be more then taking cash from them and getting a £50 discount?

And secondly, is a new PS5 round the corner? I’ve seen lots of rumours of a PS5 Gen 2 or something coming in September?

I appreciate this is a bit hypothetical and I’ll need to visit Game to find out any true value. Just after some opinions. I haven’t got space for both consoles and to be honest, I’m tired of waiting for the games ‘I’ want in the platform. I’ll probably just stream the ones I want in the future as I’m getting fibre broadband this year.

S1ayeR74

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic