Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,436

Lavalera

@jdv95 Gamepass has 2 fixed days where games leave. 15th and the last day of the month. 2 weeks before games leave it is visible which games are leaving.

PSNid: Lavalera

jdv95

tnx everyone!

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

themcnoisy

@jdv95 hi mate. Long time no speak. I was regular here for like 7 years during the ps4 (hope you remember me bro).

Gamepass is great. If you pick it up via PC or on the console you can literally smash 18 months worth of gaming marathons and smile all the way. I've garnered almost 70k gamerscore (think 70 platinums) in a year and still have stuff on my play list.

The updates all year are well laid out. MS are masters of commercial IT so you know what is and isn't happening. The UI works great. As @trev666 and @Lavalera have informed you, the games that are leaving are labelled. You get 20% off each game during that period, in case you want to buy.

Also with Gamepass ultimate you have just under 400 games to snipe at. It's superb when a new game comes and it's on the service, such as high on life or scorn. It does however miss a lot of games and recently my own purchases have taken centre stage.

You also get MS rewards. Which is unbelievable if you are willing to give 10 minutes of your time most nights. Without going overboard I have scored 3 x £25 xbox vouchers, 2 x xbox £5 vouchers, 1 x £5 tesco voucher (£90 altogether) 2 x months of gp ultimate and given £12 to charity. Entered around 10 prize draws and still have points to use (about £10 worth). Its crazy in all honesty. As someone looking to save on my gaming handouts it's been a godsend.

Xbox does have some negatives. The games simply aren't as good as Sonys first party games. Nothing on the system is comparable to Ghost of Tsushima let alone HZD 2 or GOW2. The xbox one games were slightly nerfed compared to the ps4 and its shows when you backwards compatibly play the likes of Tekken 7 and watchdogs 2, they look a lot worse. And the controller although solid and usable, does struggle with button inputs on the likes of contra as an extreme example. Finally it doesn't have Dreams so I can't produce music anymore!

Otherwise the system itself (xbox series x) is quiet and a beast with loading similar to the ps5. Imo it looks better. Forza Horizon 4 and 5 are the best driving games in the world and Ori, Halo MCC and Immortality are must plays!

Gamepass is great. Depending on what happens in the next few months I can decide to stay subbed or back out. I have got my moneys worth many times over.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

jdv95

@themcnoisy het mate good to hear from you!
Yeah the games on gamepass are better then those on plus extra etc especially the day 1 games. I just found out wo long will be day 1. Crazy.

Tbh i caved because of starfield supposedly coming in the first half of this year. Also stressing over MS buying more studio's became tiring so why not just go with both consoles.that way there´s nothing to miss out on.

Plus with redfall and again starfield coming this year,it feels like the right time to Join up.

jdv95

themcnoisy

@jdv95 there is a lot of rubbish too lol. I'm not that interested in the openworld stuff Arkane put out. Deathloop was overrated imo. I don't enjoy playing any of their games. It's really strange actually, as I like mgs and splinter cell - but arkanes spin on stealth is maddening. The opening to deathloop - I didn't know what was going on and once I did, I didn't really care.

Much more interested in the next proper forza and as you say the likes of wo long and finally playing persona 3.

Happy hunting anyway.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

oliverp

Are honestly a bit tempted to buy an Xbox sometime this year. Especially if I find a good deal somewhere. Not that Playsation are lacking good games but yeah some Microsoft exclusives are a bit temping. Guess we will see what happens.

oliverp

LtSarge

Wow, that Xbox Developer Direct was actually pretty good. Forza Motorsport looks impressive as hell, Redfall looks like tons of fun and then we have the shadow drop from Tango Gameworks: Hi-Fi Rush, which looks absolutely phenomenal. Genuinely cannot wait to delve into it this weekend.

This was probably the best showcase that Xbox has made in a very long time. And that's without Starfield. I'm actually kinda excited for Xbox in 2023.

LtSarge

LiamCroft

I'm definitely playing Hi-Fi Rush this weekend, that looked great!

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

carlos82

@LiamCroft I've just had a quick go through Xcloud and it's great fun, kind of like Crypt of the Necrodancer but you time your attacks to the beat and it looks fantastic. I can see this being a popular one

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Bentleyma

I’m literally hovering over the ‘buy’ button for an Xbox Series S! I’m so tempted. High on Life looks great, so does Hi-Fi Rush. Plus there’s several Xbox One games I’d like to play, like ReCore and Quantum Break. It would also be nice to replay games like Conker: Live & Reloaded and Lost Odyssey.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LN78

@Bentleyma The “GoldenEye” remaster is out tomorrow! That might be helpful. Or not.

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 Is it? I knew it was coming out on Switch, but I didn’t realise there was an Xbox version, too.

I bit the bullet and bought one. Might as well own all three current consoles.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

LN78

Yeah - it's getting added into the "Rare Replay" collection at no additional cost. Should be fun.

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 That’s pretty cool. I just watched the trailer for it. Shame they didn’t add online multiplayer.

Bentleyma

LN78

@Bentleyma That was the trade off - Xbox got the shinied up 4K 60FPS version with couch co-op but Nintendo got the (subscription only) online multiplayer game. Not sure how that deal got hammered out but it is what it is.

LN78

Lavalera

@LN78 @Bentleyma From what I've understood the Nintendo version is the N64 rom. And the emulator has multiplayer baked into it. The Xbox version is a new version and therefore doesn't have that option.

Don't know if that is true, but thats what I've read from multiple sources around the time when Goldeneye got officially announced again.

PSNid: Lavalera

LN78

@Lavalera Good shout - that sounds about right, thinking about it.

LN78

carlos82

@Bentleyma I'd argue its worth it just for the games available through backwards compatibility, plus it's very easy and great to use for emulation should you want to

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Voltan

HiFi Rush looks very cool. Otherwise - I liked the format and general execution of the Developer Direct but none of the other games shown are interesting to me (although Forza looks excellent from a tech point of view).

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic