gamepass quests log in every day + weekly quests 1000 point bonus
weekly 100 points a week 2500 10 week bonus
monthly bonus punch card 2500 points

trev666

trev666

18594 points so far in october

trev666

BAMozzy

And every 29,250 points are worth a £25 Xbox gift card so you can exchange to buy Games.

I currently have 133,730 reward points...

Also, if you join Xbox Ambassadors, you can earn 'rewards' with the 'top' reward every season being 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate free of charge. There are 4 seasons a year, and I have accumulated enough points every quarter to get my 1 month free - so I only pay for 2 out of 3 months, or 8 out of 12 months per year...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

trev666

interesting whats an xbox ambassador?

trev666

BAMozzy

@trev666 Basically a programme designed to promote & encourage a Safe, fun, inclusive gaming environment for everyone - basically a promise to the Xbox Community: A promise to be inclusive, promote safe and accessible gaming, celebrate other gamers' achievements and individuality, and positively represent the Xbox Ambassadors.

Its more geared around the Social side of Xbox and promoting positivity. You can find out more here if you are interested: https://ambassadors.microsoft.com/xbox/handbook/welcome#call-...

Its a bit like Rewards where you get some activities, like play the game of the week for example which is usually a Game Pass game anyway. Some may be for the 'month' (like make a friend) and have someone friend you (basically follow someone and they follow you back for 2 completed missions worth 1500+ XP - and you need around 5000XP a month, 15000XP a quarter to earn your 'free' 1 month GPU. You get sweepstake tickets to win prizes, digital assets (banners, gamer pics, mobile/desktop wallpapers etc) as well, depending on how much XP you earn and/or what missions you complete.

Its not often you need to check daily for 'new' missions. Once a week can be enough most times as they have the 'same' monthly missions and Game of the Week - but sometimes they have Blogs, youtube video's to watch etc and 'occasionally', Twitch streams but they may only be up for a few hours or so whilst streaming.

Anyway, hope that helps...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

ralphdibny

@AgentCooper maybe! Who knows!

Rewards-wise, there are 5 places to get rewards from (a couple are interchangeable but I do it like this for various reasons)

Rewards App on Xbox - just do the punch cards/click on icons - most of them don't require buying games that aren't on game pass.

Bing App on Xbox - Daily Sets and PC Searches (just click on each news icon in turn and it will say +3 in the top right, keep going until it stops saying it - you can check if you have all PC Searches in the Rewards App)

Edge App on Mobile - log in with MS account and search/save the MS Rewards dashboard as a bookmark. This has similar icons as Xbox Rewards app which you can click on for points. I also do the Mobile/Edge searches here (I search for juventus players and their names appear at the top - I just click through all the names and that gives me all the points available for Mobile/Edge searches)

All PC/mobile/Edge search rewards reset daily and you can get 162 points a day

Xbox App on Mobile - not sure if everyone has this, it only got added to my app recently about half a year after it started rolling out. Click on your profile (bottom right) then click rewards. There's a few things in here, I normally just play one level of Jewel because I don't have a PC set up. Just claiming daily log in rewards gets you like an accumulating log in streak which resets after a few days.

Finally the Game Pass App on either Xbox or mobile - there are monthly, weekly and daily tasks. Daily and weekly are normally very easy and involve booting up games (can be done on cloud most of the time). Monthly are normally a bit more involved and there are guides on Pure Xbox or just YouTube. I normally checkout the Rewards Hunter channel as it's quite good for this sort of thing.

Oh yeah, you also get points for buying stuff in the store, can't remember what the point to pound ratio is but it's not amazing. Nice little bonus if your buying something off there anyway but not worth buying something specifically for the points

Ultimately though, your mileage may vary. When I first got Xbox One, I saw it and ignored it because I didn't want playing games to become a chore. When the pandemic hit, I found I was just completing rewards so I started claiming the points for them. Then it became a challenge and I decided to do every reward and save up to buy an Xbox Series X. About 14 months after it released, stock was stable and I had about 200 pounds worth of points which I accumulated in two years. So I just bought one with the steep discount.

Since then, I've not really been that bothered. I normally do the stuff on Xbox but the mobile rewards stuff is tiring because the apps are slow. I've sorta started doing the mobile stuff again anyway. I've saved up about 75000 points since January which is like 65-70 pounds in gift cards or something

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

BAMozzy

Definitely a LOT of options for earning reward points with many daily, weekly and monthly activities to build up your points relatively quickly if you are desperate and determined to maximise your earning potential.

Personally, I tend to do the daily Reward missions - with every 10th consecutive day giving me 150 reward points on top. Occasionally earning points through searches, gaming etc keeps my points building up. Only when I want/need to convert points - like to get Xbox credit to buy a game or add a month or 3 of GPU - do I ever bother to convert points - otherwise I just forget about the 'balance' and just let them accumulate - hence I have ~134k pts - enough for over £100 in credit.

Whilst you could 'grind' every opportunity to earn points every day and probably earn enough to buy a game on sale or a month+ GPU every month, I tend to use it more like a loose change jar, Daily dropping in whatever small change I have and then treating myself to something 'extra' if/when I can't justify spending money on it because I need to buy food, pay bills etc with my 'cash'.

stvevan

well just bought my 1st xbox, since my red ring of death.

Series S are 190 on amazon, couldnt really say no.

stvevan

colonelkilgore

@nomither6 well I wouldn’t personally be sure either way what @stveven would do in that scenario but I can tell you one thing for sure… he wouldn’t be getting a PS5 for £190 🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

stvevan

@nomither6 i have a ps5. i decided i was getting one on a Thursday afternoon, delivered next day. i had no hassle at the time

stvevan

nomither6

@stvevan oh , lucky you then ! the backwards compatibility Xbox has ***** on playstation and it ain’t even funny

nomither6

colonelkilgore

@stvevan yeah I was tempted at that price tbh… I just couldn’t justify it with the backlog I have on PS3, PS4 and PS5. The 30 fps issue was also a consideration for me. Still, hope you enjoy!

**** DLC!

stvevan

@colonelkilgore its just going to be a secondary machine, for gp.

most that rely on 60fps, id get on ps...... Hopefully optimization gets better

stvevan

colonelkilgore

@stvevan yeah it’d be the same for me… if I get one it’d be for the Xbox exclusives. I might hold out in case I can eventually find a good series x deal.

**** DLC!

trev666

I got one for gamepass £0 for the console used my Microsoft reward points and £76 for 3 years worth of gamepass ultimate

its such a bargain

trev666

jdv95

does MS do a better job than sony at telling subs when games will leave gamepass?

thinking about subbing myself.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 I don’t sub to any service myself, so wouldn’t be able to confirm which service is better at providing the information about what and when will be leaving said service… but I do check out a site called N4G every now and then and I often see articles about what games will be leaving both Gamepass and PlayStation+ and when on there.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

trev666

@jdv95 on the gamepass app on the xbox it has a section that shows everything leaving in the next 15 days

trev666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic