Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,436

Lavalera

@KilloWertz we almost certainly will get gameplay for redfall, starfield and forza motorsport. I expect to see more of avowed and hell blade 2 as well and maybe if we're lucky a release date for those 2. Some unannounced games like compulsion game and the rumored detective game from rare. And besides that 3rd party games and gamepass day 1 releases like last year. Think the show has the potential to be even better than last year, depending on what they show of course

PSNid: Lavalera

KilloWertz

@Lavalera Those sound like some pretty solid predictions. At this point they basically have to, but it'll still be great to get gameplay from those games given that we've only gotten it from Hellblade 2 so far really. Hellblade 2 is my most anticipated Xbox game, so a release date and more footage for that would be great.

I fully expect A Plague Tale: Requiem to be part of the show for a second year in a row, with this time maybe getting a bit of gameplay and a release date this time since it's a Day 1 Game Pass game.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Lavalera

@KilloWertz I totally agree they basically have to show more gameplay, especially since last year was mostly cgi trailers. Microsoft knows that fans and gamers in general expect more gameplay this time, so i'm pretty hopeful my expectations are even on the low side haha.

A plague tale might possibly be at the show seeing the release date was rumored or leaked to be at June 17, so the week after the show. So chances are pretty high it will be shown in the coming to gamepass segment.

KidRyan

@Lavalera @KilloWertz As long as I get updates on some of these Xbox games, I'll be happy.

Grounded (Full Release) - July 28
Starfield - November 11

TBA 2022
Redfall - Summer 2022
Scorn (Digital) - October 2022

TBA
As Dusk Falls
Avowed
Contraband
Everwild
Fable (Reboot)
Indiana Jones (Bethesda)
Perfect Dark (Reboot)
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
State of Decay 3
The Outer Worlds 2

Rumors:
Project Dragon

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Lavalera

@KidBoruto I don't expect to see much of most of the games you listed in the TBA list. Outerworld 2, Perfect dark, State of decay, Indiana Jones and fable are probably the furthest out. They might show some concept art or cgi stuff but I doubt those games will launch before 2024 or 2025 even.
The biggest chances are for avowed, contraband, hell blade 2 & everwild. They are supposedly the furthest along and aiming for a 2023 release. But that's just hearsay and predictions based on info from the insiders.

KilloWertz

@KidBoruto I would expect all of your top 4 to be a part of the showcase. I had actually forgotten about Scorn, so it almost has to be there as I doubt I'm the only one since it has disappeared. Starfield has to be, well, the star of the show with plenty of gameplay footage and such. Otherwise the doubts of it releasing on November 11 will just continue. Redfall obviously needs gameplay as well.

Avowed and Hellblade 2 basically have to be there and with some gameplay since I would expect both by 2023, and they can maybe say as such finally. Who knows what state Everwild is in. They could show something if it's actually progressing finally, but who knows. Contraband got a really short teaser trailer last year, so it's possible they actually explain what it is with at least an actual CGI trailer this time.

In the end, there needs to be a lot more gameplay and a lot less CGI trailers announcing stuff without even a window of release. There needs to be quite a bit of release dates and/or release windows given this time around as well. A lack of gameplay and announcing games we have no idea when they'll even come out were the two biggest problems with last year's showcase. It was good, but this year's needs to be even better.

BAMozzy

If you look at the 'first' party studio's, we are 'expecting' afew releases within the next year after the event.

Obviously Starfield and Redfall are expected, but also Forza Motorsport, Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, the last 2 would of course completed their 'year' exclusivity contract with Sony. Whether they can talk about these, particularly the latter as its not expected until 2023 but maybe Deathloop could appear, with maybe 'extra' content that will also be available to PS5 gamers on the 'same' day.

Hellblade 2 may well appear too and could release in the next year. We also know that State of Decay 3, Fable, Perfect Dark, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Everwild and Outer Worlds 2 are in development. I don't think we will see all of these and I think they won't show anything now unless they have a game-play trailer as they already have CGi reveals.

We don't know what the Coalition, Compulsion, Id Software, inXile or Double Fine are working on and whether or not any may be ready to officially reveal their next project. Maybe we will get some 'new' announcement from 1 or 2 of these. As well as looking ahead, no doubt we will get some 'updates' on existing games - new content coming to games like MSFS (Top Gun), Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 5 and maybe Halo: Infinite too (Forge Beta available 'now'??)

On top of the first party, there will be the ID@Xbox, Xbox Publishing (3rd Party developed games published by MS for Xbox - like Contraband by Avalanche), Xbox 'Cloud' Publishing (announced in March to Publish Games built to run Natively in the Cloud), Game Pass and of course any 3rd Party multi-platform releases partnered with Xbox

That will include games like Scorn, Plague Tale: Requiem, Warhammer: Darktide, Contraband etc. One 'big' Surprise could be that long rumoured Kojima Cloud based game and the first announced under Xbox Cloud Publishing. Also maybe get a CGI trailer for Certain Affinity's new IP that's being published by Xbox. Rumoured to be a 'Monster Hunter' style game and may need a CGI trailer to help with recruitment. Xbox has partnered with Ubisoft and EA on some games - like AC: Valhalla and will no doubt have some portion of their show dedicated to 'multi-platform' releases - whether coming to Game Pass (Plague Tale:Requiem) or not (like AC:Valhalla didn't)

Potential Hardware that could be revealed - Starfield limited edition Series Console & Controllers, maybe even a new Elite (V3) controller and/or possibly a 'dongle' you can plug into a TV purely for Game Pass Streaming with the ability to connect any controller (inc DS4/DS5, Switch Pro) to give consumers another way into their ecosystem at 'low' cost. If (or when) Kojima's 'Cloud' based game releases, maybe all those 'so adverse' to Xbox Consoles will pick it up to play that and games like Starfield etc too.

From my own personal perspective, I think MS has more than enough content to fill a 2hr show that I am 'excited' to see - actual game-play from the games 'expected' in the next year, some teaser game-play trailers for games we know coming that's a bit further out, updates on recent releases, ID@Xbox, Game Pass, Xbox Publishing and their 3rd Party partners. That's without revealing anything 'new' (Gears Marcus Fenix Collection on UE5, Gears 6, Quake? etc) for example. I do think we will get a 'surprise' or two as well - whether that is the long rumoured Kojima project or something else, time will tell - but I'm looking forward to the show just based on what we 'expect' to release within the next year...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Grumblevolcano

@Voltan Currently, the 2022 lineup is only content for live service games (e.g. Halo Infinite seasons, Grounded updates and leaving early access, Forza Horizon 5 series updates). I'd imagine the June showcase will probably announce a few 2022 games, Forza Motorsport seems the most likely given Forza Motorsport 7 was delisted last year.

Grumblevolcano

Lavalera

@Grumblevolcano Some people will also count Deathloop since it will come to gamepass around September and a lot of people who are on xbox waited with playing it until it comes to gamepass, even though it was already released last year. But yeah the only new game i see coming is FMS as you said, the chances another first party game is coming is almost 0.

Grumblevolcano

@Lavalera Regarding Deathloop, while the PS5 exclusivity ends in September 2022 that doesn't guarantee a Xbox release happening then. It depends on how the exclusivity is set up, if it's the type where other versions can't be mentioned until the exclusivity period is over (e.g. Playstation exclusivity of FFVII Remake) then I think 2023 is more likely for the Series X|S version of Deathloop.

Grumblevolcano

Voltan

Ah right, I forgot about Deathloop coming out on Xbox this year. I do wonder if they announce anything else in June.

Voltan

Ralizah

The chip shortage continues to be a blessing to Microsoft, lol. This will be two out of three holidays for the system so far where they basically have nothing to drive sales.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

Starfield being delayed is a shame but at the same time, Bethesda games need all the time they can get!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

Well, my hype for Xbox has certainly come to a complete halt these past few months. No exclusives this year, Game Pass has been a mixed bag so far this year with some good months and some meh ones, and then we had the recent outage where some people couldn't even access their digital games, further reinforcing the DRM issue with Xbox.

The primary thing that's been irritating me though about Xbox is Microsoft's mismanagement of their studios. 343 is an absolute disaster with Halo and most of their studios are taking so long to come out with games. Microsoft has so many studios right now but none have games coming out this year.

I doubt the upcoming showcase in June will change my stance on Xbox and that's because of two reasons: 1) Microsoft could announce new titles but I doubt they'll show gameplay, and 2) Even if they show gameplay, the games are probably far off in the future that it'll be hard for me to care about them.

In short, Microsoft has a lot of work ahead of them and this year will most definitely prove challenging for them.

LtSarge

Westernwolf4

@nessisonett I am all for giving developers time to finish their games (no more Cyberpunk releases please). And I have been enjoying my Xbox-PS5 is still my primary console, while I use the Xbox as a indie game/gamepass machine).

But man......I am REALLY disappointed about Starfield. I know I should not have gotten my hopes up. But I had visions of settling down to play this over my holiday breaks from work that are just up in smoke now. Oh, well-2023 it is.

Westernwolf4

KilloWertz

In a sense, I'm kind of glad Starfield got delayed as there was no way I'd be able to play it and some of the other games coming out late in the year. Between that, God of War Ragnarok, Gotham Knights, and the PS5 version of Ys VIII, I was guaranteed to add a couple of those to my backlog for 2023.

As for delaying both Starfield and Redfall, it's all well and good since it's better to delay than release a mess of a game, but this also points to major weaknesses that are still present with Xbox no matter how many studios they buy. They have 0 guaranteed AAA exclusives for this year now (that could change next month), with 3 games releasing in a handful of months last year being it for them so far this generation. Also, like others have said, they still announce things way too early just to try to say "hey, we've got games now!". Announcing the release date for Starfield that was roughly a year and a half away was asinine, and now we're still left wondering when all of the potential they have shown with acquisitions and teaser trailers will finally start being fulfilled.

I keep saying to myself whenever I think of this generation that even though Xbox has a ton of games on the horizon, Xbox is going to have to do some really great stuff for me to consider switching from my PS5 to my Series X as my primary console. I don't really want to, but hypothetically if the June showcase was fantastic and it was clear that I was going to end up on my Series X most of the time, then maybe my hand would be forced. I'm still waiting, Microsoft. My PS5 continues to deliver for me in the meantime.

Edited on by KilloWertz

KidRyan

@Voltan At this moment, the only 2022 games are Grounded (Full Release) and then Scorn should be releasing digitally sometime in October.

Beyond that we know nothing of their 2022 lineup...similar to PlayStation actually. We know God of War: Ragnarok is dropping sometime this year, and Forspoken is releasing in October.

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JJ2

Removed - unconstructive

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic