Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,436

KilloWertz

I'm actually more interested in the FPS boost games than most of the list of the new and final additions to backwards compatibility outside of maybe the F.E.A.R. series and Max Payne. It seems to have been a solid show from what was announced, but I can see people not interested in Halo basically shrugging it off.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

Both Timesplitters games have been added to the Microsoft Store and they're only €10 each! That's ridiculously good pricing, I'll definitely have to get them soon.

@nessisonett Apparently the first Timesplitters is a PS2 exclusive and not available on Xbox. Is it fine to skip it and just play 2 and Future Perfect?

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Yep, TimeSplitters 2 has a lot of content from the first one included if I remember correctly. The single player content is insanely expansive with a campaign plus loads and loads of individual challenges that give you characters, weapons, levels, modes and more to use in the multiplayer.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@RogerRoger With Sonic Unleashed now running at 60FPS on the Xbox, I’m surprised you aren’t clamouring to get one!

ralphdibny

It's a shame that's the end of the BC.

I was speaking to my partner about it and explaining that 50 Cent had become backwards compatible and she pointed out that it had actually become forward compatible.

She's right of course, but it did make me think at what point BC became standard lingo. With the PS2 that system was backwards compatible with PS1 games and it's true, the system itself was backward compatible.

In terms of Xbox one, it would be correct to say that the system is backwards compatible with certain games. But me being lazy will probably continue to say "this game is BC!!!!" 😅

See ya!

Voltan

Is the 50c game actually good? Or is it some kind of meme?

Voltan

BAMozzy

@ralphdibny Its the hardware - not the 'software' that is considered with Backwards Compatibility. The Software itself is the 'same' software that released back then and its the 'system' and work behind the scenes to allow the game to run on modern hardware via its Backwards Compatibility.

HDMI ports can be considered Backwards Compatible because you can use a HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 cable in a HDMI 2.1 port. The HDMI 1.4 cable is NOT Forwards Compatible with HDMI 2.1 - because it does NOT offer the HDMI2.1 bandwidth and specs. It limits your HDMI 2.1 spec down to the limitations of the cable so its 'not' forward compatible, but the port that is BC so it still works, but only to the standards expected from the cable

The games themselves are generally 'fixed' to the specs of the original hardware - maybe play a bit better with 'better' hardware - but they are still the same as if played on the older hardware so they Backwards Compatible with the 'new' hardware. The Enhancements are relatively superficial in that they can implement those without developers and the games 'source' code.

If you had a Forwards Compatible HDMI1.4 cable, plugging it in to a HDMI 2.1 port would give you HDMI 2.1 specs instead of limiting the HDMI 2.1 port down to HDMI1.4. As the games are basically the 'same' (excluding those superficial enhancements) as running on Original hardware, they are Backwards Compatible with modern hardware...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I appreciate the thought, but framerates aren't hugely important to me, and I can't justify buying a console to play a single game (even one of my all-time favourites).

That being said, there have been some videos of Sonic Unleashed floating around since the Series X launched and powered through most of its presentational shortcomings (particularly during the Jungle Joyride day stages, which were barely playable on PS3) and I am indeed very, very jealous!

The worst part for me, though? It makes it less likely that SEGA will bother with a proper remaster.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RedKnight34 To be fair, I’ve been pretty vocal about both. Elder Scrolls VI being exclusive doesn’t seem like a great move given how popular Skyrim is on all platforms. But then I can’t exactly blame them given Sony’s exclusivity policies the last couple of gens.

LtSarge

@RedKnight34 @nessisonett I also think this topic isn't as simple as people are making it to be. For instance, there's been speculation that Bethesda was in a poor state financially and Microsoft swooped in and saved them. Another argument is like you guys said that Sony kept paying for timed exclusivity for multiple Bethesda titles such as Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo, and Starfield was possibly also on the table. So Microsoft decided to buy ZeniMax in order to prevent more timed exclusive games for PlayStation.

Then my own opinion is that it's better that Microsoft acquired ZeniMax than a company like Tencent that's gobbling up so many studios and publishers. Another advantage of having Bethesda being owned by Microsoft is that all their games will now come to both Xbox and PC day one, as well as Game Pass day one. I mean, imagine being able to pay only €10 to play Starfield. I'm sure there are people out there who would be able to finish a game like that in 1-2 months with constant play.

LtSarge

Kidfried

@RedKnight34 Ah, someone calling other people toxic, let's look at their comment history.

• "Seems too me lately sony is the one with no games"
  • "Launches on PC day one" - under every news article about a PS exclusive
  • A lot of removed comments

Yea, you're very non-toxic 💀

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

nessisonett

@RedKnight34 You should probably stop proving Kid’s point. It’s just a bit embarrassing now.

SoulChimera

Voltan wrote:

Is the 50c game actually good? Or is it some kind of meme?

That was actually the last game that I had any part of. It’s not bad, much better than you would expect from a Fiddy game. Haha.

SoulChimera

SoulChimera

Can anyone recommend a controller that isn’t anywhere near as clicky as the ridiculously loud Xbox controller.

I’ve been using the Series X a lot lately because of Forza Horizon 5 and the noise literally gives me a headache. Especially when using the menus.

Been searching and while a lot complain about the noise, nobody seems to recommend an alternative. I swear with each Xbox it gets louder and louder.

SoulChimera

KilloWertz

@SoulChimera You're not wrong about the noise. With the Series X controller, the most noise for me comes from the new d-pad. It was ridiculous at first, but the more you use it the more you get used to it for better or for worse. Other than the noise, it is a much better d-pad than on previous ones.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

SoulChimera

@KilloWertz Yeah, the d-pad is crazy. I’m just not a fan of clicky buttons. I was thinking about playing Killer Instinct the other day, but my neighbours would think I’m demolishing my place.

SoulChimera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic